main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Official! Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by e1jnky, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I did not like the R2/3PO adventures through Gulliver's Travels and the Wizard of Oz. At all. One bit.

OK, the only cool part was the bit with Wolffe. That was it.

So far, this season pretty much sucks. Last season had two good episodes. At this point, I would have a hard time coming up with a top 10 best episodes list, because I can only think of 4-5 really good episodes.

2. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    I don't think the rule of two is an unbreakable one as it has been "broken" plenty of times before. BUT breaking it NOW doesn't fit in with the timeline when the rule of two was considered unbreakable. Does that many any sense? During the C.W. they stuck to it religiously...so I think Maul get's put back together and frakking demoted to sith custodian.

P.S. That rule wasn't created by the Jedi....they just heard that nonsense second, third, fourth hand from sith and stuck to it like glue.

I'm curious to see where they take this Maul regeneration. I'm just hoping that they are consistent and give Ponda Baba his arm back, replace all the doors and floors that got cut open on the trade federation ships, re-animate all the sand people that Anakin butchered (not to mention the younglings, yikes!), oh and they might as well fuze Obi Wan's torso back on to while they are at it. I'm sure they can find the place that he disaparated to once he got bisected by Vader. Except Hogwarts Nick, cause you can't aparate their. [face_shame_on_you]

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

[face_laugh] I LOVE IT!

4. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    The last episode was good. Finally real clone wars. Fighting and everything. Best episode since ARC Troopers.

5. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    I think we see where your tastes lie...clone fighting and not droid hijinx.

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Yup. ;) and no crappy remakes of Gulliver's Travels, or the Wizard of Oz.

7. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    Yup. ;) and no crappy remakes of Gulliver's Travels, or the Wizard of Oz.[/quote]

=D=

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    The Umbara Arc is the way TCW should be. Clones. Fighting int he Clone Wars. Lots of fighting, and good action, drama and character development. This last episode (The General) really hinted at things to come. Wow.

Dave Filoni, please keep doing stories like these last two. Please!!!

9. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    So NOT liking General Krell but i also see that He doesn't consider the Clones to be anything more than fodder to be exploited. I suppose there is some strategy to that but not very thoughtful of those under Krell's Command, as Capt. Rex so perfectly pointed out.

... but WHAT A FREAKIN' AWESOME STORYLINE!!! =D=

10. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'd have to dig into military history a bit more, but I know that there have (unfortunately) been some generals over time who did get successes through terrible loss of their own trooper's lives. Custer comes to mind... there will no doubt be others.

To krell, clones are nothing but wet-droids, nothing more. It's sad that he can't see them like Yoda does (Ambush was and still is one of the best episodes ever!). But he will pay for his lack of vision.

Anyone else notice Sgt. Appo? And how Krell seems to be mentoring him? If I didn't know better, I'd say that they are setting up Rex's death under Krell's leadership... while Anakin is gone... as a further step to pissing off Anakin and making him lose those that he loves.

11. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    You know what I love most about TCW? All the really cool, yet subtle details that the design team throws in to appease the fanboys! Things that newer, younger fans can't grasp or appreciate 'cause they weren't around for the original experiences, ya know? It's like "being in" on an inside joke! =D=

12. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Totally Lego! I agree and IMO, it still maintains it's high levels of Star Wars Goodness. The 4 part with Krell was STUNNING!

The last two Slaver eps are fabulous. Nice to see a little side adventure from the war to handle those nasty Zygerrians and to see a little ire outta Anakin since this hits too close to home. This season previewed the idea that Anakin shows us a more battle weary and Impatient Sith Lord to come. I'm escited! [face_mischief]

13. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I WAS CHEATED!!! I was so escited to see the 3rd part installment of the "Slaves of the Republic" finale and... They showed a re-run! :mad: DAMMIT! I mean, I stayed up with my cold just for that cuz it's on at 9 for my showing. Geez!

Though The Umbara story line was impressive, so I guess I can understand but still! [face_frustrated]

14. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Glad you're liking it, too, gra-co. It's been a good season, overall.

Yep, the third part/conclusion will be in January. The 6th, I think?

15. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
  16. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
  17. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    StarWars.com had a great behind the scenes mini-documentary with James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan) talking about being an undercover bounty hunter and the other voice actors' different roles they played.

And how about that Massacre from last Friday?!? Awesome!
    I expected Ventress (and definitely the undead Nightsisters) to easily take out Greivous. I actually felt bad for Ventress. Never thought that would happen.

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    JT me too. I was yelling at Grievous. CHEATER!!!!! I can't wait until this week!

Did you read who is giving his vocal talents to the show? Simon Pegg is voicing Dengar.

19. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm glad you guys are enjoying these. I have not liked anything since the General Krell episodes. I was hoping that the clone wars might actually focus on the clones, and the wars. Not this crap. There have been too many political or side story episodes.

Get back to the war.

20. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I agree with you William, that the Krell Eps have been the BEST by far this season, however I am still enjoying the "side stories" as well, though it is called The Clone WARS... I still think Star Wars is Character driven tales and just battle stories get weary too. I would really like them to come back to meshing the two types together again like the Eps with Grevious' Mega Ship and Anakin leads the assault with the Y-Wings. Good Stuff incorporating Character driven storyline with awesome space battle.

I read the titles for the line up for next season. sounds like a lot of back story before The Wars. Darth Plagus, Darth Bane and young Qui-Gon Jinn. Personally, I look forward to those stories cuz it really mixes it up and lays the opportunity for tales from other areas of The Star Wars Galaxy. IMO

That's It! Star Wars Tales from Darkhorse should be Star Wars Tales:The Animated Series! By The Maker!!!... you would have such an open field! [face_hypnotized]

Season 3 is still better than 4 I think. I and 2 were SPECTACULAR!

always waiting for that friday night episode though! =P~

21. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Hear, hear! Tonight it's the wild zaniness of Dengar!

22. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Darth Maul on Clone Wars tonight!!!!

23. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    Maul Reincarnation = :eek: !!!!~ Well done Filoni, well done.

24. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I disagree. TCW has now completely jumped the shark.

[image=http://www.mullerover.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Fonzie-jump-shark.jpg]

The series has gone downhill since Krell. But this was unimaginable, utter craptastic fanboy drivel.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Agreed! IT wss so cool!!!!! I cannot wait until next week! I have never been so happy to see a bad guy return.=D=