main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Official! Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by e1jnky, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I don't think I really want Hayden back. :p

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I think I'd rather have Hayden back, actually. Sure, I wasn't always completely impressed with his performance in Ep2 and 3, but at the end of the day, I'd rather have what has been established as "Anakin's" voice for the movie than someone who is suppose to be Anakin, but doesn't sound like him. (If that makes sense...)

And for the record, but a day late... cool! New SW feature film at the theater!!! Yay! *insert all kinds of excitement here* I honestly thought that we'd never have another opportunity to see new SW in a theater after RotS. Funny, but I'm just as, if not more so, excited about the experience of the event as I am about the content itself.

I agree with what someone (too lazy to look up who) said earlier - I'm not too fond of the art style either. *shrug* But hey, at the end of the day... DUDE! It's new Star Wars! In a theater! [face_dancing]

I had a brief period of insanity last night after reading the announcements and watching the video, thinking "hey, wouldn't that new Ahsoka character be a really cool costume, especially for the premiere?". Luckily, in under an hour my sense of reality/sanity/laziness/priorities took over, and now I've mostly sorta discounted the idea. (90% of the time, at least)

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Or, he could use it as an opportunity to introduce new pesky loss ends and new annoying plot issues? That's my bet. I mean, just based on the footage from that trailer, I'm already scratching my head, going "... but, there was no hint of X person/concept/situation in RotS...?".

Hey, speaking of which, what's our policy going to be regarding spoilers for this? I know we've had people ranging the full spectrum on what they do or don't want to know going into these things. What's going to be considered non-spoiler common knowledge, vs spoilers?

Dude! We actually have something to have to worry about spoilers on! How cool is that? [face_dancing]

4. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    totally.

super-duper-uber-cool. :cool:

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I know! And there'll be enough time for me to recover from finding out that Storm Shadow's real name is Tommy Arashikage. :_|

6. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
  7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'll hold off on my bucket purchase --I'll be looking forward to what you can come up with. I have a guy from CTN who can make the pauldron and kama from this, and another source for the holdout blasters and holsters. The bucket is the big hangup.

8. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    A new trailer was posted...sort of. Apparently it was seen somewhere with Polish subtitles and then moved around the interwebnets like a classic viral video.

It can currently be found here.

9. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    What I did like:

It's Star Wars

What I didn't like:

Weak voice casting of Palpatine.
    Animation still too video game-esque for my tastes.
    More "negotiation" plots...ugh...
    Jabba's son...double-ugh...
    Canon continuity is questionable at best (Obi Wan vs. Ventress and Anakin grudge match w/Dooku prior to Ep III?)

Overall, I'm becoming less excited about this project as more information is "released". Of course I'll watch it. That goes without question. However my excitement has been sorely tempered. We'll see...

10. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    It looks better and more realistic than the Prequels did. At least this is ALL CGI, instead of 95 % CGI and 5 % bad acting.

11. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
  12. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I don't know.

The more I see, the more I want to go and see it.

I am not as excited to see it as I was for Episodes 1,2 and 3. But this will sure be fun to watch.

13. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    ...as for me, being an animation buff for soooooo long,

I truly am looking very forward to this. :cool:

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000

Personally, I'm getting more excited to see this than I was for the prequels. IMHO, staying all CGI works soooooo much better than the crap we were fed with the prequels with the Roger Rabbit mix of cartoon and live action. Only Roger Rabbit was well done, had good writing, and was semi-believable.

Bring. it. On.

15. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    the official trailer will be attached to speed racer

16. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Also, Cartoon Network is showing a teaser this evening at exactly 7:58 eastern time. I am gonna try and get home in time for it cuz I am such a "fan boy" that even a scrap is exciting to me! LOL!

17. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I have to agree...i do not like the animation...i REALLY liked the one for the Clone Wars on Cartoon Network...those were awesome...so much i STILL want the badges from CIII. i dont' know i know it is a matter of perference, but i dont' perfer that type of animation. :) i more into the classic type.

18. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    then I guess you will miss out on all the new stories, too bad for you.

19. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I can forgive Final Fantasy/Video Game-esque CGI if its used to tell a story. I didn't have any problems with the mix of CGI/Live action in the prequels. It provided a very colorful backdrop...to...a...monochromatic story.

I have to remind myself that the target audience for this new fare is today's kids, as opposed to yesterday's kids, i.e. us.

20. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i didn't say i wasn't going to watch it smart@$$

21. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm absolutely stoked about the new CW cartoon. Everything I have seen makes it look better than the prequels. I also liked the other stylized cartoon better than the prequels. If you're going to have that much cartoon in your movie, then go all cartoon, or do it right like Jackson did with LOTR. George failed in that. [face_plain] So, I'm absolutely pumped about the new cartoon. [face_dancing]

Even more so since I'm waiting to hear from LFL to see if they'll fly me to a convention later this month to promote the new show. [face_praying]

And the movie opening this summer gives us a LOT more opportunities to troop, which is always fun!

22. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

[image=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/photocor/CloneWarsPosterjpg.jpg]

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

23. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Totally looking forward to this one!

24. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
  25. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    oh yeah! is that the trailer that was on cartoon network last night?