main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Official! Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by e1jnky, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Huh. I did not know all that. Thanks.

2. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    This is awesome! I had no I idea. I always assumed they did the little intro on episodes like that because there wasn't a backstory. Thanks J!

Last week's was pretty cool except for one thing-no Ahmed Best. I mean Jar Jar just wasn't the same. The "Mudflap Girl" decal on the pirate swoop was a nice touch, though.

3. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    yeah jarjar sounded like a slow person hammered on twist top wine.

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    was is Ahmad Best? I was like what is up with is voice? Otherwise i like the episode.

5. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    From Starwars.com:

BJ Hughes as Jar Jar Binks

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    NO wonder it sounded like he was messed up!

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I could tell it wasn't him in the last episode. He did the voice for all the other ones though, I wonder what happened to him.

8. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    [image=http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/Lite20081227.jpg]

9. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    The last 2 eps have been awesome!

First, on the ice planet with the natives to the planet and the battle between them and the local system population.
    Great Scenes!

2nd, the spy amongst the clones. One of their own. Great story! ... and did anyone notice the pin-up art on the wall of the barracks for the clones? :D

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Now this looks awesome! I can't wait to see some serious, guerilla and space battle action.

When I heard that they were going to do this show, this style of episodes were ones that I hoped they would do. And they brought in original trilogy music (in the trailer at least) to boot. Sweet.

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Oy! I haven't seen it yet! Although the ice planet episode is up on SW.com, so I have no excuse. I'll watch it soon.

12. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Theres going to be a season 2 this summer...Yes....

13. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Haven't watched the latest Ep yet, but the last couple "Ryloth" episodes have been pretty good with one outstanding gem...Innocents of Ryloth. Cory, I think you'd get a kick outta this one.

I won't spoil it, but this was darn good story telling. If I could pick one piece of Clone Wars "cannon" (really, what is considered cannon anymore, besides Eps 1-6?) or EU or anything with Clone Wars or The Clone Wars title attached to it, this would be the one I feel that best captures, in a single episode, what the Clone Wars is. Great battles, superb story, and deep and complex characters that did not wield lightsabers or hold senatorial seats.[face_mischief]

Can't wait to see Cad Bane-looks set to be one smooth operator! He's no Fett, but looks like he'll give our heroes a run for their money.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    GH I have to agree with you. It is really well done. I have realllly enjoyed Clone Wars.

I know they are now showing them on TNT now...i guess it is doing really well. i don't know why they wouldn't have a season 2.

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I have ablsolutely enjoyed the new show, and the kidses love it. Every Friday, I can barely get in through the door home from work, and the kids are begging me to stream the new CW show off of SW.com.

I love the new clones --the paint jobs, the personalities, the names and specialties. Too much fun.

And in slightly over 2 weeks, Turner Networks is flying me to Washington, D.C. to troop at the Cable Show! Woohoo!!! [face_dancing] More fun, only this time with (hopefully) less drama than last year!

16. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Sadly, I have missed several episodes due to other distractions so I will go online and check that out GH. I wonder how long we will have to wait til the first season goes to DVD? [face_mischief] soon I hope! [face_praying]

17. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    I had heard it would be released in volumes much like any anime (Samurai Champloo and Rurouni Kenshin come to mind) rather than the entire season...checking now...

Quoted from TFN-

"Our friend William over at EUC reports that Netflix has leaked details regarding The Clone Wars: Season 1 on DVD Volume 2. Per the EUC report, Volume 2 will be titled "Clone Commandos" and will feature: "Rookies," "Downfall of a Droid," "Duel of the Droids" and "Bombad Jedi.? There were no details on a time frame or cover art.

Consider rumor until officially announced but it certainly would stand to reason that Volume 2 would be the next 4 episodes in line. "

I'm trying to find info on volume one...as yet, no luck.

Edit: From Videoeta.com-

"
    Widescreen DVD
    UPC 883929064168
    ISBN 1419880802
    Retail $19.98
    Available 3/24/09
    The Clone Wars: A Galaxy Divided
    Year: 2009
    On Video/DVD: March 24, 2009
    Genre: TV Series
    Science Fiction
    Synopsis: Includes four exciting episodes from the hit animated TV series.
    Rating: Not Rated
    Studio: Warner Bros."

18. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Hostage Crisis=D==D==D==D==D==D=

OMFrakkin'G!!!=P~=P~=P~

This was one outstanding episode! It really did feel like Die Hard. Just needed to take away our hero's shoes to complete the homage. Cad Bane is so cool. Felt a lot like Clevon Little from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly-the quintessential cowboy bounter hunter. Seeing Aurra Sing was so cool-plus she got the screen time her charcter's awesomeness deserved.
    The ending, while intentionally left as quite the cliffhanger, could have been handled just a smidgen better, but all in all, this episode ties as my favorite with Rookies and Innocents of Ryloth.

Long live Cad Bane!!!!!!

lol-whoops I meant Lee Van Cleef. Clevon Little was the sheriff on Blazing Saddles, although a bounty hunter based on his character would be downright hilarious.

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Season 2 preview. Looks awesome! Bounty hunters, Mandalorians, and jealously. Oh my!

20. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Season one coming to DVD 11/3! :D

21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Season 2 starts this Friday. I don't have Cartoon Network. Aagh!

Is anyone willing to host a watching party? It's a two-part season premiere starting at 9 pm.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Jason did that last year and no one came but me. :p

this is in two days...i would offer, but that would mean you guys would have to come downtown. woohahahahaha and deal with my CATS! >^..^<

23. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    And what am I, chopped liver? :p I was there, with the kidses. And a good time was had by all.

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yes yes you are. :p i forgot bill..the kids were super cute. :) fun watching with them.

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008