It's Official! Star Wars: The Clone Wars In Theaters and on Television in 2008!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by e1jnky, Feb 12, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4

The first two episodes from Friday night are available for streaming on starwars.com. In addition, they have video commentaries on these two episodes.

2. gundarkhunter Jedi Knight

star 3
    Episode 1 looked pretty good. Started things off with a pretty good bang. The lightsaber battle between Ahsoka and the changeling bounty hunter was very cool, as was the holocron vault and mention of Splinter of the Mind's Eye's Kaibur Crystal. Can't wait to watch Ep 2. Tomorrow maybe.
  3. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4

The second season is absolutely amazing! The plots are darker and the dialogue seems more real with depth to it. The visuals are amazing and the ways the characters move is stunning. My favorite battle so far is when Anakin takes on Cad Bane in zero gravity. Very cool.

I'm very stoked about the current season. If it looks really good online, it must look (and sound) stunning on Cartoon Network.

Does anybody want an autograph from a Clone Wars actor from Fan Days 3? I'd be happy to take your order.

4. gundarkhunter Jedi Knight

star 3
    Agreed, agreed and agreed.

Just watched ep 2 and loved it. Cad Bane is fast becoming the villian I love to hate. One bad mo'fo, for sure.
  5. gundarkhunter Jedi Knight

star 3
    Senate Spy was pretty good. A little low on action but the Anakin/Padme romance/jealousy angle was a nice touch and didn't feel forced like some other SW romance scenes. Anakin in Naboo pilot disguise was really nifty, especially since I just saw that costume in person yesterday.
  6. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    I agree...i totally was like HEY Anakin was wearing that!
  7. gundarkhunter Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just finished the Geonosis story arc. Thought it was very, very good. Legacy of Terror was an awesome change of pace and constantly reminded me of Aliens or Roughnecks:STC. Loved seeing Ahsoka in danger again, as everytime I see her in peril I cant help but wonder "Is this it? Are they really going to kill her this time?" knowing that at some point before the series ends she must either die or leave.
  8. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, I gotta wonder about that. There's continuity, but on the other hand, there's the fact that this is a kids show? Would they really do that?
  9. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    They won't kill her yet because there are still toys to sell! I predict the last season we'll see her go dark. Not a sith, but dip a little too much to the dark side...with consequences.

10. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    IMHO, she has to die. It will be one of the things that tips Anakin over --that whole "I should have saved her, but wasn't strong enough" things.

Even though it is a kids show, people can and will die --even main characters, like Rex.
  11. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    watching last nite's clone wars...pretty good with the madalorians.

think obi-wan needs a girlfriend. ha ha ha
  12. gundarkhunter Jedi Knight

star 3

More and more I'm thinking this might be the case. She was pretty dark in Lost Lightsaber.
  13. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Fair point. I've wondered whether this is foreshadowing for her, foreshadowing for Anakin, or just the way they've tried to make the character more relatable and marketable to kids.
  14. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    I think this episode was a good view of the difference that Anakin has made in shaping her personality. She isn't the type of Jedi who calmly strides into a room, taps into the force and sees what's going on under the surface. She goes into a room/situation ready to bust heads. I'm sure it's also the war that is causing her to be a warrior Jedi instead of a negotiator Jedi ala Obi-Wan.

This will, no doubt, has been a significant look into the development of her character and the path that she is taking in this show.

15. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Ok just watched last nite's clone wars...I really like where it is going...the characters are just being developed and nice seeing obi-wan actually being a human and having feelings.

what is the policy on spoilers in here?

16. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmm. I don't think I would say her personality is all Anakin's doing, though. She was already a lot like this when they first met. Admittedly, he has certainly reinforced these traits to a large degree.

I wonder if her personality is why she was assigned to Anakin? Maybe the Council was like "She's just like him. Let Skywalker deal with her, and see how he likes it when the shoe is on the other foot".

Grrr. Still haven't see the episode this week. My direct tv signal went out, and I didn't realize the show didn't record till this morning. Now I'll have to wait till Wed to catch the next repeat, unless I decide to look it up online.
  17. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    StarWars.com usually has Friday's episode up the next Monday by noon.

18. gundarkhunter Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd say spoiler control is a good idea since some RMFFers *cough*Cory*cough* still haven't seen 'em all. I'm usually about a week or two behind, myself. If the episodes didn't feel as connected I don't think it would matter as much, but most of these story arcs feel like full length SW movies split over a few weeks.

Off to go catch up...[face_whistling]
  19. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I have to stream it, so I'm always a week behind on the shows.
  20. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The Zillo Beast story arc was awesome! Really hoping Dave and the gang do a follow up to this story.

The finale looks like it's gonna blow the rest of the season outta the water. Catch up, peeps-you'll not want to miss this![face_dancing]
  21. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    I'm on this series like white on rice! The zillo beast two episode arc was awesome. It did have an overall melancholy tone, but that's the Clone Wars for ya.

Even though Palps said to keep a sample for cloning purposes, I doubt we'll see the beast again. They have other pastures to plow and the Boba Fett one has good potential. I know it will be great as almost all episodes are and am excited to see it. And it's a 3-peater in true SW-style. Nice!

Someday I'll be able to see the series in HD or blu-ray like it's intended. Watching them on StarWars.com isn't the same, I'm sure!

22. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i have to say i like Anakin so much better on the clone wars. he isn't NEARLY as whiny and he is actually likable.

watching the boba fett episode now...daniel logan HA.
  23. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    And he doesn't look like Hayden. :p

I'm now several episodes behind. I think the last one I saw was Senate Murders. Time to head back to the newsgroups...
  24. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Have to say...I just watched the first half of the Clone Wars finale...LOVE LOVE LOVED it!! Of course it was about R2, but it was actually well done and had the excitement of the movies.

sooo yeah second half has a lot to live up to IMO!!
  25. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby