main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Its official : Tickets on sale tomorrow May 3rd

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Vadersnoghri, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I just got off the phone with a a manager (the employees dont know only the manager did), and he said the word just came down that the tickets will go on sale tomorrow. They just got the info in. He is not positive of what time they go on sale, but it will probably be about noon on the 3rd. The reason he said is that he does not know how long it will take to program the computer for showtimes, but as soon as they are entered they will go on sale. I am not sure for other theaters, but this is one confimation.
    So I will be there tomorrow at noon. The force is with us.
    Charles

2. qi_gong

qi_gong Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 1999
    excellent!

which theater did you call?

3. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    I confirmed this with calls to AMC Studio 30 and Gulf Pointe 30. Both said they will go on salr tomorrow, May 3rd. Studio 30 said at 11:30am.

I'm hoping I don't have to spend the night again like I did lst time around for TPM at Gulf Pointe.

4. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    if tickets go on sale tomorrow...then i guess we need to start thinking of who will be camping out and what time we should all meet. if i call up pollodiablo and tell him that tickets go on sale tomorrow...he will freak cause he is broke. either way...if they go on sale early tomorrow morning then he will be up there tonight. he will most likely be going to gulf pointe amc 30.

5. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, I'm cruising the parkinglot at Gulf Pointe tonight around 9-10pm to see if anyone will be lining up. If they are I hope it's orgnanized like it was last time. Somone made a sign-up sheet (in order that you arrived) so that we wouldn't have to actually sit in a line.

Anyone who was there last time around remeber the muddy field to get to Albertson's. That was too funny. So was football on concrete!!

6. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    i have called 6 places and they all say that tomorrow afternoon tickets will go on sale....but only one said that they will not let anyone camp overnight. and that was gulf pointe amc 30........pollodiablo said he was going to camp out tonight anyways. we'll see what happens.

7. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Ahhhhhh! I just called Tinsletown and they said that they had no idea what was going on still!!! I'll call them back though for anyone who is going to a Tinsletown theater.

8. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    I just came back from Gulf Point 30. No one is allowed to camp in line. The earliest you can is 8am. They are going to try for 9:30 am. for them to go on sale.

9. PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Man, this is a screwed up mess, me and my girlfriend (BabyPadme) just drove up to Edwards Marq*e on Katy Freeway to ask about tickets, the person there told us there is absolutely no way tickets are going on sale tomorrow there, or at any other theater for that matter, I got the same reply from the manager at Tinseltown 290. I know that the AMC theaters are all saying tomorrow morning, but am I the only one bewildered by this? Why would only AMC theaters have tickets tomorrow????

10. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    I have no idea. But I spoke to one manager at Amc 30 this morning and he told me tomorrow. I just dorve up to Gulf Point 30 at 11 PM and I spoke to another manager in person, and she told me that tonight they are going to put it in the computer. They will be on sale tomorrow, and I asked if I could start off by being the first in line waiting over night, and she said no. The earliest they will allow is 8 am. Also I believe it about amc because Queenie put on another thread a link to buy tickets from AMC. Here it is AMC
    AMC Online Theaters Tickets List

www.moviewatcher.com/Promo/MWPromo.jsp?WhichPromo=StarWars.html

So I believe AMC.
    Charles
    I am getting my tickets tomorrow.

11. PolloDiablo

Apr 24, 2002
    Then it looks like me & maybe babypadme will be joining you in line at gulfpointe tomorrow morning. I decided I'm going to catch the 12:01 show at Gulfpointe with all you guys, then I'm probably going to try to get a 7 or 8 pm show at Edwards Marq*e on the 16th, and i'll probably try to fit a morning or mid afternoon showing in at another major theater in the houston area, I'm gonna try to have all bases covered.

12. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    No problem. They said if you want to check the time for sure to call. But I will be there. The only thing is that I am getting cable installed. And you know reliable that can be. I may have to miss the appointment though, because Star Wars is important. By the way how will know who each of us is?

13. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, my mother loves me so much that she will be getting up at the crack of dawn to go down to Gulf Pointe and get me 12:01 tickets.

:D :D :D

So, I'll be seein' y'all for that show, too.

Of course, I am also still waiting for it to go up online...

14. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    Well that is really nice of your mom. We need to make sure to stand in line together for the midnight showing. I cant wait.

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, we'll have to meet up.

Oh man...must...have...tickets.

I can't wait two weeks!!!

16. PolloDiablo

Apr 24, 2002
    I'll probably be in line around 8:30-9:00, umm... i'll be the heavyset guy with slicked back dark brown hair, probably be wearing just basic jeans & T-Shirt, but I'll make sure I bring my Vader light saber, that way I'll be easy to spot.

17. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    Trust me, I understand.
    MUST HAVE TICKETS!!! OOOHHH!! (In that Homer Simpson way of drooling)
    I am going to have trouble sleeping :)
    I am getting tickets for AOTC. YEE HAW

18. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    OK I will be the big guy that looks like a taller version of Chris Farley with dark hair, or a younger version of Paul Sorvino.

19. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll be there for sure. Before 8, I'lll probabaly be waiting in the Alberton's lot. I'll be in a Red Ford Ranger Ext Cab.

You may have seen me there earlier.

20. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    Actually, I think I may have seen you driving by. I was just getting back into my truck. I drive a blue F-150. I had just finished talking to the manager. Cool. I am going straight to GP 30.

21. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Say hi to my mother!

:)

22. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Thanks for being nice to my mother. :D

I was very upset when she called and said there was no midnight showing. I'm so happy to have those tickets!

See y'all in line on the 15th!

23. Vadersnoghri

Mar 18, 2002
    It was our pleasure. Your mother is really cool. The girl at the front counter said there was no midnight showing, then another said there was. So they checked with the manager, and the problem was corrected. So now the force will be with us.

24. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I'm sooooo jealous! Stupid Cinemark!

25. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    does this mean gp 30 is the ONLY theater in houston to have a midnight screening??? i wonder if they're staggering the release of midnight tickets at different theater chains so if you miss one, go try the next, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.