O.C, CA It's out!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LordJedi, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The DVD is out and I have mine! I plan to watch it tonight. And then again tomorrow. And again, and again :)
  2. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I just got mine. I went to Circuit City and they were very mad! They did price match though for 110% of the cost difference. They also started putting up signs saying they would not honor 1 per customer sales from other places. So since TRU is the only one that has a 1 per customer sale going on, you can see me and three other friends who went at the same time made them very unhappy. :D
  3. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Yay!!! I just got mine this mroning too. i will be watching it in less than an hour. :) Then i will go buy LOTR SE and watch that this evening :p ( $40...ugggg )
  4. malelesbo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I got mine, too! Target, baby!! Now I've got just 4 more hours of work left before I can run home and have a geek-out. BTW, did nayone snag that Extended version of LOTR? I got that too, but I'm looking forward to seeing AOTC more...
  5. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Heh, I just found out this morning that Target had the LOTR SE for $30.

I already pre-ordered mine through Walmart. I got the 5 disc set with the statues for $55.
  6. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, my story.....

I got at the South Coast Plaza Toys R Us (it's right across the street from SCP in Costa Mesa right near MacArthur (sp) Blvd at around 8am. There was no one there, but a I saw a few other people up in the parking lot with me, most of them staying in their cars. I went out and started a line. I was soon joined by 3 other people. By 8:45am, there were about 10 people. Lots of passerbys shocked at the fact that TRU opened at 9:30am, longer than they expected. Soom, 9am rolled around and we were all talking about airshows. Time flew by, because when at around 9:15am I looked back, there were at least 70 people behind us. It was like Midnight Madness except in the day! So, finally they let us in, and I instantly snagged a Widescreen dvd (I was first in). Within 5 minutes the rack with the DVDs was picked clean, NOTHING on it. No DVDs or VHS. What happened next was odd, suddenly tons of people were lining up at the video games cashier department. upon asking, the TRU guys said that it was for the 'extra boxes' they had in back. I guess they ended up having to wait in a long line to pre-buy the dvd, then wait for the guys to bring out the extra boxes!
    Overall, it was a lot of fun. Brought back some great midnight madness memories.
  7. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I also got my Walmart DVD today. It came with 5 promo cards for the AOTC WideVision trading card set. I'm going to try to get it price matched tomorrow at Walmart (we'll see how that goes). I'd offer it to you guys, but my sister has already offered to buy it from me if I'm able to get the price match.
  8. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Like BobaFett-MP, I got to the TRU nearest me (after getting off work -- one advantage to the graveyard shift) -- this was at the Tustin TRU. Got there by 7:20, and was first at the door. A line soon started forming, and the time went fast enough while chatting with the family that was right behind me.

One thing that happened -- a lady from Hasbro was admitted inside an hour before the store opened. (She had a denim vest with the Hasbro logo on it). She told me she goes to all the stores checking on the displays. I just had to mention that me and some friends have not found the Clone Pilot yet, and if they could please make more of that figure.

Just before the doors opened, I heard a TRU employee apologize to the people at the rear of the line that they'd likely run out of copies before they got to the display. I grabbed a widescrren DVD and ran to the checkout quick and was in and out in two minutes! "Yippee!" :D
  9. Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling

star 3
    What's everyone most looking to see on the DVD? Deleted scenes, the big battle at the end, or what?
    I guess the extras for me -- and also finding the hidden ships and things all through the movie!
    I finally saw the Orion Space Clipper from "2001" at the beginning. (With the "2001" Space Pod in TPM junkyard scene, I wonder if Episode 3 will have yet another ship from "2001" somewhere in it?) :eek:
  10. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ok..heres my story...my asst controller got mine for me from TRU..got a call from jedi janie...who was at TRU and bought both dvd and vhs...i asked why...vhs copy has a special on SW with c3po and r2d2...i had her pick me up some SW toys as well...after work i went to TRU cerritos...no dvds left but lots of vhs...got one for $10...went to best buy in cerritos...got the boxed set LOTR with bookends for $49....said what the heck and bought a new jvc dvd player as well...met up with jedi janie later and picked up my other loot...wahoo!!!! its just like xmas time!
  11. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was glued to my TV last night from 6pm until midnight watching the movie and also quite a bit from disc 2. The deleted scenes were great. The sound was amazing with my home theater system. I can't wait to watch it again.
  12. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

star 4
    Thos deleted scenes are neat! I LOVe the gag reel! gotta love that scene where Jango falls off the platform ;)
  13. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Here's my report from the attempted Walmart pricematch.

It worked, but barely. I think there was enough miscommunication in the store that they weren't sure if they were doing it or not. They gave me the pricematch. The number from the packing slip wouldn't scan though (I ordered it online and they even tell you you can return it to your local store) so they had to have someone from the video section bring one up to scan. He asked why they needed it and they told him for a pricematch. Here's the interesting part. He said they don't pricematch themselves. It's interesting because I paid 17.88 online and the store had it for 14.77. I'm not sure if it's just for this or for everything but he also said they don't pricematch TRU. The lady said they usually only do stores in the vicinity, like Best Buy and TRU. But then she said they were making an exception because I ordered it online. They also had a lot of people trying to get the pricematch yesterday and they were turning them down.

That's my report. Here's my semi-rant. If they don't have any exceptions to the pricematch rule (like the 1 copy person and the while supplies last) I think it's pretty crappy that they aren't matching the price. Heaven forbid that someone (TRU in this case) prices it so low as to undercut everyone else. If you want to score points with consumers, you match the price no matter what. I know at the HB TRU only about half the people (10) only bought the DVD. The other half went shopping after grabbing their copy. The point is that you advertise a really low price to draw people in and they'll likely shop around and buy other stuff while they're there. Simple economics. I think the biggest thing on my mind was that the video guy said they don't pricematch themselves. That worries me. It makes me think that if something goes on sale after you buy it, they won't give you a refund. Even though I'm sure that's not the case, this has taught me a valuable lesson: I'm not buying something like this online again :)

Oh, and even though I got the price match, it was against the in-store price (14.77) not the online price (17.88), so I only got 5.15 back. Oh well, I'm not complaining :)
  14. malelesbo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    How does anyone get access to the 'Gag Reel'? I heard there is a code '1138' that you input at the Options Menu, but I am unsuccessful. How do you get it to work?
  15. AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Make sure that every number loads before you punch in the next. It took me a long time to figure it out on TPM DVD.
  16. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You have to go to OPTIONS on disk 1. Highlight the THX symbol then type in 1138 or use the 10+ key then 138. It depends on you DVD player which one will work.
  17. malelesbo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Modern technology escapes me. Oh well. I'll give it a try.
  18. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No! Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.
  19. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    /\ hahaha :)

Anyways with this, it really depends on your dvd player. with TPM, i had to do 11, enter, 3, enter, and then 8 enter. entering it as three numbers (on disc one, under options, with THX highlighted, as sadi above). But that make not be what works on your dvd. :)
  20. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

star 4
    For me, I just start the movie, right click on the video, and click on TITLE 3 ;) Gotta love DVD-Roms!
  21. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I tried everything and I cannot get it to work. I went to options on disc 1 and highlighted THX and entered 1138 and nothing. I tried everything. I tried hitting 10 and 10+ and even hitting enter on THX and then hitting the numbers. I don't know what else to try. I think my dvd player may just suck. I bought the Beauty and the Beast dvd and it will NOT play the game on disc 2. You are supposed to be able to use the arrow keys and it doesn't let you. Somehow though, the game on disc 1 works. And I have borrowed another copy of it and the same thing happens.
    What can I do get the AOTC dvd to work? Any suggestions? Also what happens when the code is entered and it works? Does it just go straight to the outtakes?
  22. malelesbo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    DVD-ROM is a great idea, I too possess such technology. What do you mean by "Click on the Video"? Do you mean play the movie and right-click the actual footage? Sounds like it might work.

BTW, someone in a previous post mentioned an Easter Egg on TPM DVD...What is it, andhow does anyone get it to work? That's not the hidden Ep. II trailer, is it?
  23. LordJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If you can't get it to work, there's always the viewing party :)
  24. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    yeah but I gotta wait over a week for that! lol...After everyone has been talking about how much they like the outtakes, I am now anxious to see them...I don't understand why my dvd player always does this. It's not even a year old. grrrr....argh
    (a little buffy humor there)
  25. jedi_janie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I have a link for you to see the outtakes online if you'd like.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.