main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends -It's Probably Me - future, K/J songfic, slightly AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Solo_Durron, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Author: Jaina_Solo_Durron (aka JSD)

Era: NJO, AU or future, I dunno

Other: K/J, like it could be anything else?possibly mushy?

Well, looks like JSD?s on a roll?I wrote Chaos, then found all these excellent songs by Sting that I couldn?t help but turn into songfics?the song here?s ?It?s Probably Me? by the aforementioned Sting...again, beta-ed by the inimitable TJP.

[b]It?s Probably Me[/b]

[i]If the night turned cold
    And the stars looked down
    And you hug yourself
    On the cold cold ground[/i]

She lay, listless and cold, in a dark, dank room reeking of something long-dead.

He searched, endlessly, tirelessly for her?he would search forever if he had to.

Her body was wracked with silent sobs, pleas that her lonely days be ended soon.

He prayed that she was alive, so he could bring her home.

[i]You wake the morning
    In a stranger's coat
    No-one would you see
    You ask yourself, 'Who'd watch for me?'[/i]

The body next to her stirred and awoke, grunting as it brought itself to consciousness.

His only companion was the swirling maelstrom of hyperspace.

Her cot sagged as the man ? for that was what the body was ? pulled on his clothing, and staggered out the door.

He felt a twinge ? just a twinge, nothing more ? from a bond that had been inactive for a long, long time.

[i]?My only friend, who could it be?
    It's hard to say it
    I hate to say it
    But it's probably me[/i]

She closed her eyes again, and dreamt of days when she had been?[i]alive[/i].

He dropped the sleek ship out into the cold of realspace, and headed towards the dark planet ahead.

Her eyes flew open, the bloodshot brandy orbs wild?feeling a presence that she had not felt since?[i]then[/i].

He set the ship down hurriedly, grabbing his cloak and lightsaber on the way out

[i]When your belly's empty
    And the hunger's so real
    And you're too proud to beg
    And too dumb to steal[/i]

She sat up on the bed too quickly, her head spinning, and cautiously pushed herself to her feet.

He wove in and out of streets and alleyways, following her signature?dim after all these years.

She concentrated hard, and her barriers came down immediately?she had to sit down again from the dizziness that partial starvation brought.

He stopped suddenly, the trail he had been following cut off abruptly.

[i]You search the city
    For your only friend
    No-one would you see
    You ask yourself, 'Who could it be?'[/i]

She dressed herself slowly and carefully, packed her meagre belongings and [i]disappeared[/i] among the throng of unwashed bodies that ran in a constant stream outside her door.

He wandered aimlessly, stopping at every female who might have a remote chance of being [i]her[/i]

She walked right past his confused form, protected only by her shields and her disguise?matted hair, tattered rags of a once-fancy dress?

He turned again, and stopped when his gaze fell on another female human pushing past in the crowd.

[i]A solitary voice to speak out and set me free
    I hate to say it
    I hate to say it
    But it's probably me[/i]

She had kept her head down, but still, [i]somehow[/i] he had seen her?more likely, felt her ? her skills weren?t what they used to be.

He shoved and elbowed, wrinkling his nose at the stench of sweat and urine, grime and other unidentifiable odours, making his slow way towards her.

She saw him, head bobbing above the dropping shoulders of the crowd, and did the only thing she could.

He watched as his target turned tail and [i]ran[/i], ran from him like she had done four years ago?so he ran after her.

[i]You're not the easiest person I ever got to know
    And it's hard for us both to let our feelings show
    Some would say
    I should let you go your way
    You'll only make me cry[/i]

She ran, dodging other people, jumping lightly over obstacles in her path.

He chased her, a hunter chasing a doe he?s been stalking for a long time.

S

2. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Great as always JSD. And on the new board too.

3. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    the_jedi_princess: Thanks, darling, for the beta...and you're right, those would have have been embarassing mistakes... ;)

-JSD

4. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Aww . . . that's so cute! And it's a happy ending, unlike Chaos. Yay! For a moment, I thought Jaina didn't love him--why else would she run? But the last line . . . aww.

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yay, green boards again! :D And a wonderful songfic too, JSD! :) You just love to have Jaina wasting away, huh? ;) Is there going to be another part to this where she gets better?

Jae Angel

6. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Oooo, very cool JSD. Wonderful job. :)

~~Jilly

7. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    :confused: That was a little bit confusing...I didn't really get it.

*shakes self* It could be cuz it's time for bed-lol.

But it was sweet at the end-especially that last line!! [face_love]

8. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    That was wonderful JSD, as always! :D Great job, so sad, kind of like you were watching it from a distance, the song worked very well, loved it!

Especially that last line. Awwwwww....

:)

9. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    hey all....thanks for reading!

duskwings: yeah, the sad ending of Chaos was mainly caused by my depression, homesickness and boredom while i was in germany waiting for it to snow...

NarundiJedi: maybe....maybe not ;) :D ...seriously though, it depends on how i go on my tests this week...i hate geometry and trigonometry! PM me any requests...will try to fill them!

Jilly: Thankyou! :D

Bellyup: Hehe...i kinda made it up as I went along, so i didn't know what was going to happen at then end til I wrote it....if that's any consolation :)

Princess1: I love this song! I found it while I was looking for something else, and immediately thought, "this is so K/J", so i dropped everything (including the aforementioned geometry and trigonometry revision) and wrote this...and yes, it did only take me an hour, and is probably why i screwed up the test so badly this morning ;)

Again, thanks to you all for bothering to read...maybe I will write a sequel, I dunno yet...

Cheers!

-JSD

10. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    Awww, short but sweet! [face_love] Nice job JSD! :D (this is my first post on the new boards ;) )

11. Hail_Jaina

Hail_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese post a sequel [face_beg]

12. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    wow great song please let there be a sequel looks hopeful

13. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    That was very well done girl! I loved it! I like your writing style, I never would've guessed it was K/J ;)

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    very nice JSD :D liked it lots...the song fit perfectly :)

~TJF

15. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    Hi all!

alain_bioras: thank you! :D

Hail_Jaina: I've been thinking it over...I may not post a sequel in the near future, but I may post another songfic - K/J of course - very soon. Just give me a chance to write it! ;) :)

JediFalcon: Thank you! see above for sequel issue... :D

Elfsheen: Thank you very much! I wasn't sure whether to make it K/J or something Harry-Potter-Style, but since I've already done a HP one similar, I figured I'd make it K/J...

Trickster_Jaina_Fel: wow! TJF read my fic! :D thank you! i really liked the song lyrics...i haven't actually heard it though :( ....oh well :D

Thanks to everyone again for reading and commenting...there may be another songfic or a sequel to this up within the next one or two weeks, as I'm pretty busy right now...

Cheers!

-JSD

16. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    great job JSD!

Jez

17. Jainas_blade

Jainas_blade Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    Very Graphic with the smells. I loved it. Your writing rocks!!

18. Sk8erGrl

Sk8erGrl Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2003
    Great songfic! :D

19. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    UP!

Jez: Thanks a lot!

Jainas_blade: Smells? Oh, those smells! thanks for the compliment! :D

Sk8erGrl: Thanks!

Thanks for all your reviews, guys...muchly appreciated!

-JSD

20. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    beautiful.....

It's certainly different and that's refreshing.......

I like the way Kyp will love her no matter what....isn't that what everyone eventually looks for? aaaww.....

21. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001

Hehe, your welcome. :) I'm definitly glad I read it, the song is beautiful. My dance class has a song choreographed to Sting....But I can't remember which one. Anyway, great job, lol, yea I've skipped doing math homework a time or to do fan fic....I hate math. But somehow my teachers never really acceppt "I was was writing fan fiction and thats why I didn't do my homework" as a excuse. I wonder why not? :p

22. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    Up you go then...

-JSD

23. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    *sigh* no-one wants to read? oh well...

one last UP!

-JSD

24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Really liked reading this, had such emotion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.