It's quiet in here...

Discussion in 'Greater Cincinnati Tristate Region' started by GeekGoddess, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    A little TOO quiet! So what's going on with everyone? Any mini-get-togethers or anything between now and the next monthly Meeting (Speaking of which, has anything been decided on when/where that will be?) I've had job interviews up to my eyeballs untill yesterday, now I'm just waiting to hear back from some of them (I know I have a couple of 2nd interviews already, but they aren't at the top of my list of jobs I'd really like to have)
  2. Exalted_1 FF Chapter Rep Cincinnati, OH USA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I've been busy running a small SW RPG group. We just got started and I always run an open game, so everyone is welcome.

as Far as the next meeting:

I suggest a small cookout at a Park. I'd suggest Whitewater, but there are many to choose from.

We could start a "Bring a snack/food item" list and have it BYOB.

Anyone who needs a ride to any meeting can PM me for one. I now have a car, so Transportation is no problem for me anymore! :)
  3. star-killer1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's good to hear Mark.
    As for mini's Comic Book World on Harrison has a league playing on saturdays.
    I also heard Yadda Quest (close spelling) has some tournies.
  4. Z28Jerry Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been up to my neck in work, and the rest of my free time has been spent on beer, cars, some video editing for a friend, and beer. Oh yeah, house, lawn, taking out the trash, and spending time with my wife. I think in the exact order I listed them in now that I think about it, lol.

Cookouts ROCK. My friends and I used to have them all the time.

hey Greek, what kind of work are you seeking? I am in and out of a ton of places and might be able to give you some solid leads.
  5. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    It's "Geek" and Accounting type work. (Accounts Payable/Receivable) I'd appreciate anything you could send my way.
  6. unicornbee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello fellow accountant! I'm still in school for it, but im getting there.

Ive been busy with school, work, writing, and taking a belly dancing class twice a week
  7. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    Oi this quarter is a killer.

I'm pretty much busy all week with school and work and the weekends. . . I'm kinda up in the air with just because of the ammount of work with my classes. . .

(been looking in on the forums a lot though, not much to do in class ;) )
  8. DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master

star 2
    Nice to see some fellow accountants on the board.
  9. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm just a wannabe... no degree. Actually, I haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up. I just do this cause I have all this experience to put to use to pay for stuff till I get the "what do I want to do the rest of my life?" career figured out. I swear.... Someone needs to come out with an instruction manual for life!
  10. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
    School for me this quarter is really bogging me down and lately I haven't been feeling too good. Which I can safely say is not a good mixture.
  11. Z28Jerry Jedi Knight

star 1
    How many friggin accountant types does this world need?!? My wife is on her last 1/4 at UC towards her accounting degree (she has a 4.0, and I am damn proud of her!)

Sadly, I am not in any company that is looking for ap/ar that I know of, but I will keep my ears open.
  12. maramijade Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the next question would be, how many of us are attending UC oar have in the past . .

13. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    What can I say, practically ever company needs Accounting and IT services. :D
  14. unicornbee Jedi Knight

star 1
    *raises hand*
  15. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    When, where, and how much for the Belly Dancing classes? I had to stop taking them a little over a year ago, but I've been wanting to get back into it.
  16. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
    i've been sick for the past 3-4 days. and let me tell you that it's not fun. i'm dreading going back to class because of all the stuff i have to make up.
  17. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, things are pretty busy for me. I've been packin' in a bit of OT here and there, but more fun is that I'm attempting to learn harmonica. Yes, cheesy, but soooooo worth it for the fun factor.

Okay, and I've got to learn how to play the parts from Sabbath's "The Wizard" and Aerosmith's "Hangman Jury". Those songs are just too cool.

I've also been making sure to hit the bench again, which has got my wife tickled pink about me getting the guns back in shape. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.