main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN It's Snowing!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jfren484, Apr 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    Hey guys,

Just looked out the window of my building downtown (Minneapolis), and it's snowing pretty good right now. It's still windy, so it's snowing sideways.

-Jay

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    The windchill was a ghastly -6 this morning! I just tore the plastic off my windows on Saturday. Next year I'll wait until May 1.

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Grrrr.... [sarcasm on] Thanks for the update. I hadn't noticed. [/sarcasm off]
    I saw it earlier. I was not happy. Combine it with the wind we're having, this is just plain crazy!!! :mad:

I AM SICK OF WINTER!!!!!!!!! Enough already!!!! :mad:

~*~Bria

4. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Spring's pretty short in Minneapolis, isn't it? I heard last year it was on a Tuesday. :D

Phil

P.S. With the new changes, if you look up the Faces above while writing a post, you'll lose whatever you typed.

5. Jedi_XandMan

Jedi_XandMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2001
    Geez...It seems like winter will never end. It was just on spring break...

Actually, I think winter was on a wednesday last year.

And I quote Chunk when I say, "I hate nature. I HATE nature!"

6. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    :mad:

Sucks, bites, blows!! I think that about sums it up!

And what is with all this H20? I had to go way out of my way to get home from work because my usual route is scuba-diving in the Mississipi river!

:mad:

7. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I have to agree. There isn't enough foul language out there to describe this endless winter here.

Winter here reminds me of Al Pacino in the Godfather movies. "Just when I think I'm out, it pulls me back in!"

Aaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!

I think I'd prefer Tatooine to Minnesota right now.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    High of 23 today up here in St. Cloud. Nearly got knocked over by the wind on my way to the library.

9. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    What? Snow? Where?!

j/k :D

Along with being very cold here, we didn't get snow until about 5 o'clock this evening... and then it was only a sprinkling of snow and I believe it has stopped...

We need to bring some of that sun over from the Southwest!

10. HiGeoff

HiGeoff Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2001
    Wish it was here

11. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Hmmm, I wonder how it could have snowed in Minneapolis. I seem to remember it as if it was something posted to a thread in St. Louis. (rubs chin as harp music beging to play)

St. Louis, MO » New West County

Bobafemme
    Date Posted: 12/16/00 11:59am

I WILL rule the universe!!! This morning I woke up to swearing as the neighbor attempted to shovel the sidewalk. Anyone else need my super weather powers?

With affection-
    Snow Queen

(harp music plays again as Phil keeps rubbing his chin)

Coincidence?

Phil ;) :p [face_laugh]

12. Bria

May 15, 1999
    It's not snowing anymore!!! Allow me...

Here Comes The Sun
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
    Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
    and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
    and I say it's all right
    It's all right
    ~ The Beatles (written by George Harrison), "Here Comes the Sun"

The sun is out and we should hit the 50s by tomorrow. WAHOO!!!!!!

~*~Bria

13. Jedi_XandMan

Jedi_XandMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2001
    I second your "WAHOO!"

:D

14. Bria

May 15, 1999
    And what is with all this H20? I had to go way out of my way to get home from work because my usual route is scuba-diving in the Mississipi river!

You said it Mara!!! None of the roads I take are closed, but others nearby are. 212 is closed and 13 has been added to the list, which puts more traffic on Pioneer Trail (CR 1) which I do take, because ppl need to get to 169. My usual drive home from school yesterday took almost 45 minutes instead of my normal 25. GRRRR!!!!

~*~Bria

15. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Ignore this post.

16. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    If you don't care for your weather up there, come on down to St. Louie, folks! That's right, fall is beautiful, winter is a joke - it snows so little that we actually LIKE it, spring is beautiful and lasts more than a day (at LEAST a week).

What? What about summer? Oh, summer's just GREAT! Hot, muggy (humid is just too nice a word) and seems to last forever. But we have lots of places to go that are air conditioned! (And we hardly ever have a brown-out.)

17. jfren484

Mar 21, 2001
    Hey jedigal,

My Grandparents live in Warrensburg, MO, and they get almost as much snow as we do in MN (it doesn't accumulate as much because it melts faster). Not this year, 'cause we got dumped on, but usually... I've been there in the summer, too. No, thanks! We went to the pool almost every day (I loved the high-dive - most public pools don't have those for insurance reasons), it was so nasty.

18. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Howdy, JF! Check yer map thar, and ye'll see thet Warrensburg and St. Lou aren't eggsackly whut yoo'd call CLOSE.

Does that actually make a big diff? YEP. B/c of the way the jet stream flows. In St. Louis we are fortunate enough to be east of a lot of the heavy weather patterns, as the jet stream often flows south and then north again ALL to our west. I think I've heard that if we went further east though we start getting different precipitation patterns due to the Great Lakes and then the mountains. As far as winter, I guess we're in a pretty darn good spot. But you're right, summer here sucks.

19. jfren484

Mar 21, 2001
    I know where they are. Unlike most of us Americans, I'm VERY good at geography. My family drove from NH to MO every summer when I was growing up. So I've ridden through St. Louis around 30-40 times. I've been up the Arch, and to a Cardinals game. :)

(I wasn't trying to prove you wrong or anything, just making an observation. Besides, Warrensburg is closer to St. Louis than any other really big city besides KC.)

20. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Ah, Cardinals suck. The Arch is totally cool though. Supposedly they've completely changed the tram that takes you up there. It's probably all new-fangled and high tech. I haven't been to the top recently.

NH to Warrensburg, huh? Looong drive. The drive I always made to family was St. Louis to the Quad Cities. Not much of a drive compared.

I wasn't meaning to be defensive, just that a lot of people don't understand how the weather can be THAT different when in places that seem close together and on the same latitude. I can be fairly OFFensive myself, so I try to NOT take offense from others unless it is very clearly meant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.