main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Its snowing

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Humble extra, Jun 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    its snowing here in dunedin, has been all day, and its actually staying on the ground too, not melting like it usually does, oh, and its cold

2. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    it snowed twice in invercargill well i was perticipating in the magic the gathering tournament but it all melt and i was sad

3. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    Its been raining and hailing on and off all day in Christchurch. Had to wait an extra three quarters of an hour at the bus terminal when I dropped my younger brother off because of the weather. They didn't know if Highway 1 was closed or not outside Dunedin.

4. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    i heard it was closed...........i sure as hell wouldn't want to risk it
    still snowing here as we speak

5. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    The bus company (Ritchies) couldn't get hold of the Dunedin branch to find out if the bus had left. So they got everyone on but could only guarrantee getting as far as Oamaru! They couldn't even get hold of the driver on the RT. Usually the drivers swap over at Oamaru or Timaru.

6. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Snow??? is that white stuff that falls on the ground????? Western Australia has almost no snow, wish I could see it :)

7. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I've never seen it either. SOunds lovely! :)

8. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    I glanced over here to check out your (very cool) banner, and saw this thread, and thought... "Snowing, in June?!"

Then I realized. Southern Hemisphere, duh!

I miss snow.

9. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Yup, snow everywhere. And it's frozen.

Got a lecture at 11am, so me n th' TELSTAR are goin' into the wild white yonder later.

This is the first decent snow dumping in about 5 years. Last time I walked to work (when I worked) in the snow I ended up fracturing my collar bone. (silly boy)

Probably won't stay around for more than a couple of days tho'. Good excuse to curl up in front of a nice warm PC and patrol the forums!

10. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    took me twice as long to walk to class today, damm ice, seems like the polytech and uni are havign late starts today, not many cars int he parks at 930, dirty rats, but the library is open, and its warm, what more could i ask for

snow is not that great btw, its all slushy and wet, then it ices over the next day, it should stay on the skifield, where it belongs

11. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Snow! Hang on <runs to look out side> damn nothing here. The sun is shinning though but it is very cold. Blew one heck of a gale last night though.

12. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Made it!

Roads are'nt too bad. A few abandoned cars, vans etc. Tomorrow might be a different story tho'. Frosts and clear sky forecast.

13. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    For all you Dunedin peoples, heres something to do on a boring night.
    Wait until its really dark and snowing, then start to drive up to the lookout with the budda statues (can't remember the name of it). When you get close to the top of the hill, put your full beam on and squint your eyes. Now with the speed of the car and the snow flying past, it looks like your entering hyperspace! You could also have someone in the back seat talking into a coffee cup, now you are on a Star Destroyer and Darth Vader is giving you instructions!
    As I said for really boring nights only! lol

14. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    thats not that bad an idea, although i don't like driving on hills during ice weather, think i'll just stick to the chemical reality

15. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'll have to try that next time i'm near snow. Which could be a while.

16. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Looking at the weather reports you may not have to wait that long!

17. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    just icy here at present

18. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Dunedin was on BBC News last night. They said how icy it was and that there was a ten car pile-up!.They only showed the clip that was on the news over here, with someones sierra stationwagon clipping another car then a second car hitting that! Must have been pretty short on international news yesterday! lol

19. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    Anyone trying to negotiate Smith St at that time of day in the snow must have had a screw loose. The place doesn't see any sun until about 10 o'clock!

20. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Is that 10 o'clock on one or two days a year? I know some parts of N.E.Valley almost lose the sun completely at this time of year, and most of the rest of the year, come to think of it!

21. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Is that like the south pole where it only gets like an hour of sunlight in 8 months?

22. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Very similar in climate, in fact I think an Abominable Snowman still lives in old North East Valley!

23. rhysati_ynr

rhysati_ynr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    Used to go to N E valley all the time :D

24. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    So your a part time explorer as well?

25. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    i live on dundas myself...and our backyard gad snow till yesterday i think, todays warmth finally got rid of it.......and Clyde street past dundas street heading up over the hill above NEV was pretty snowy/icy too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.