main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga It's Thanksgiving: Jedi Rejoice. Join in-Round Robin post.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    A little thrown together (yup, in less than an hour or so) story for your Thanksgiving enjoyment. Feel free to have your other canon characters or your OC's join in with their own toasts..

Tap, tap, tap!

?Attention you shall provide,? Yoda, perhaps the greatest living Jedi Master, pronounced as he tapped a glass. He beamed around the room, looking at all the gathered Jedi and the tables laden with food ? roasted ewibirds with Naboo nut dressing and side dishes, accompanied by Alderaanian wine. His eyes twinkled as they only did several times a year, this being one that brought the little Jedi immense satisfaction.

?Much we have to be thankful for. This year, I would like some of you to add your own thoughts. Who would go first??

The Jedi looked at one another and no one immediately volunteered. It wasn?t bashfulness, but reflection.

?Come, come now, whack some ankles must I to get some thoughts!? Yoda growled. Hundreds of pairs of feet hastily withdrew from beneath seats to hide under the tables, even as the room erupted in laughter.

?Forget you do, small I am and can easily reach wherever you put your various lower appendages! Master Windu, wish you to go first??

The Council head scowled and stood up, his eyes surveying the room. ?Anything to protect my ankles. I wish to give thanks for all our Jedi having made it through the entire year with no serious injuries, no horrible sicknesses, and no defections to the darkside.? As groans greeted that pronouncement, Mace held his hands up to quiet them down, a smile playing around his lips.

?It has been years since the darkside claimed one of ours; I think it worthy of note. We successfully completed all our missions, no younglings were sent to the Agri-Corps, and by gosh, it?s been a darn good year.?

As Mace resumed his seat, the head Healer, Master T?koth Ambi, stood up grinning.

?It was a quiet year for the Healers, for which I?m very grateful. I?m sure Master Kenobi is even more grateful, considering his history with us. The last time we saw him, he came in for a routine shot. He stayed three months with a disease he contracted from the vaccine. Since he?s practically indestructible, we have come to the conclusion that his eventual demise will be at our hands. We are grateful it has not happened this year.? The healer turned and bowed to Obi-Wan, who blushed slightly.

Cries of ?hear, hear,? and one muttered, ?I hope it?s at your hands - he keeps saying I?ll be the death of him. I don?t want that responsibility,? filled the room, along with cries for Obi-Wan to speak next.

Obi-Wan put up a hand and grinned, a deep glint in his eyes. ?Later, later. After my Padawan has had his say.? He threw a look at Anakin that said as plain as day, ?watch your words, or I?ll get you back, young one.?

?Guess it?s my turn,? Anakin said, uncoiling his body from his seat. ?Now, to avoid my Master?s wrath,? the other Padawans cheered him on, ? I?m grateful that Obi-Wan had no cause to ground me this year, though I hear he came awfully close to being grounded by the Council a few months ago.?

He threw an innocent look at Obi-Wan, who groaned and hid his head in his hands. ?I?ll leave it to him to explain why, but I?m thankful he wasn?t. He would have found a way to blame me, and I?d probably still be in my room, missing this dinner. I am grateful to my master, however, for teaching me that lessons can be anything but boring, but usually aren?t.?

?That?s enough out of you, young one,? Obi-Wan said sternly, though he winked at the young man. ?Sit down now and let another speak.?

?See, he doesn?t miss any opportunity to teach me,? Anakin cried out and ducked into his seat, hiding a grin.

One by one, the other Jedi stood and spoke their piece, until only Obi-Wan and Yoda were left. Obi-Wan stood up and took a deep breath, his eyes twinkling.

?I am exceedingly grateful to have avoided the Healers this year, too, Master T?Koth,? he bowed in turn to the Healer. He faced the Council members and bowed

2. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    That was cute.
    =D= Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, I agree, very cute. :) :)

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Since he?s practically indestructible, we have come to the conclusion that his eventual death will be at our hands

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I loved this!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving

=D= =D==D= =D= =D=

5. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awww, this was so sweet! Very humorous, yet heartfelt at the same time.

You left me with the warm fuzzies![face_love]

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!!

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    very nice, Valairy. I found this peice comforting. :) It was good to see the Jedi in good spirits and thankful for their good fortune.

7. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    That was nicely done. It put me in the Thanksgiving spirit.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    What a fun idea! [face_laugh]

Well, since the other characters have been caught on the fly as seems to be the way of things...:p

25 minutes, start to finish.

"Master Val'Airy," The wise Jedi master spoke up once again. "Presume, I do, that you have the Trans-Dimentional-Universal-Door engagde?"

Master Val'Airy bowed. "Yes master. It appears to be in fine working order."

"And assured, I am that everyone will not be frightened upon appearing here... fear leads to the darkside after all..."

"For the last time," sighed Master Val'Airy. "Yes Master Yoda . To all concerned it will be as if they are in a dream. They will wake up with little or no memory of these events, safe and sound in their own reality...."

"A good feeling I have about this," Yoda murmurmed as the Trans-Dimentional-Universal-Door crackled to life.

Within moments, a quintett of characters stepped through.

"I hope we're not too late," said the first, a young lady with short brown hair in healers robes and a with Padawan braid. "I am Kampher Lutador," she bowed to the assembeled group. "And this is my family."

"Master?" another young man - Luke himself - said with a hint of confusion. "What's going on?"

"Hey! it's a Trans-Dimentional-Universal-Door event!" replied the third. "I've heard about these things!" He too was dressed in a variation of jedi robes, with long light brown hair and the brown eyes of his mother. "Kay'leb Canaille..."

"Pappa?" Asked the fourth, taking the arm of another dark haired Padawan. "You look so young!"

"Yes! In this era, Kam and I were still Padawans..." he laughed. "Toboo!" he cried joyfully, embracing Anakin. "You know, there's someone here I think you should meet..."

"Schurke," Kam said gently, taking his arm. "We don't have a lot of time. We should make our quick toast before sitting down..."

"Indeed!" Schurke agreed readily. "And then as soon as we're all settled, I want to try some of that... toferkey... So, here's to Authors who tell our tales, and the stories they create..."

"And to the unsung heros, the beta readers!" Added Aube.

"And AU's and OCs! And sometimes the happily ever afters..." Said Luke.

"Here's to the readers!" Said Kay'leb, raising a glass.

"And lastly," said Kampher, holding the glass high. "To the fan fiction community, freinds here, to come, and those long gone... From your characters we wish you a blessed Thanksgiving, from our world to yours..."

9. jedi-isis

jedi-isis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2005
    Valairy_Scot

Thank you for the lovely thought for this holiday.:)

Yes, a tipsy Yoda will always fill me with mirth.:D

We should all be grateful for the talent, enjoyment and imagery our authors give us in the
    GFFA.=D=

10. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Here, here!! I know I am thankful to the authors that take time out of their lives to create amazing stories and then put up with demanding readers that want the update NOW!

Happy Thanksgiving you guys!

11. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    What a cute idea! I love the spirit of this! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you writers out there who keep me coming back here!

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    a bump for the title chage!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.