main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto It's that time of year again....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by KingBob, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    January 14th is here again and you know what that means.....

HAPPY SALAD DAY EVERYONE!!!!

2. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    I was introduced in Episode V not IV;

So can someone please explain what Salad day is?

3. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    I'm sorry KingBob, I believe Halmark must've missed this holiday.
    But you better be careful, you never know with those trixey greating card companys...
    They might be listening now... ?[face_plain]

4. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Happy Salad Day to all!

[insanity_check=0]

I would also like everyone to take the time to remember what salad day means to all of us, the true meaning of this very special day which comes only once a year... end the commercialization of Salad Day, bring it back to it's roots!!!

[insanity_check=1]

That is all :)

5. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    WOOOOOOOOOOO! Happy Salad Day, everyone! :D

And be sure to get pissy if your caf has cruddy salad dressing out! :p

6. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    *pout* You guys beat me to it!

HAPPY SALAD DAY EVERYONE! I cannot wait to go to sleep and then wake up again so I can enjoy the juicy wonderful salad I will prepare for myself (I have not had a salad in two whole days!). I will then post a detailed description of said salad, including ingredients, dressing, and wonderfulness!

Remember: You make friends with Salad, baby! YA!

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    *tear* That's the spirit, Deb!

Happy Salad Day, everyone!!

It's one of the most wonderful days of the year. Prior to reading this thread, I was like, "uh, I have to be awake at this time, gah." and then I woke up entirely reading "Happy Salad Day!"

Hoping everyone can celebrate and have a salad, alone, with friends and family.

Please post some wonderful Salad Day stories you had today.

Have a great one! :)

8. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    *blinks*, *coughs*, got any ceaser salad. oh well never mind then. *mumbles* no one never cares about a guy who is allergic to leaf lettuce on salad day. *pouts*

9. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Aww! *Passes Darth2 D2 some ceaser salad, and Munches on some greens herself.*

Happy Salad Day everyone! This totally changes my lunch plans, for now I must eat Salad. . Hummm I wonder what else we have in that big fridge of ours!

AMi

10. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Fruit Salad, Potato Salad, Garden Salad, Taco Salad, Juilenne, Caesar, Egg, Chicken, Tuna, all sorts of choices!!!

For you heavy Meat eaters - Throw the steak on some lettuce, add some tomato and carrots. Top off with Ranch or A1 - whatever strikes your fancy.

Happy Salad Day!

11. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    And if you can, take a picture of yourself eating the Salad! Darn it's only breakfast time, I still have to wait a whole other meal for my SALAD!

12. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    Hope everyones having a fantastic salad day, i know i am, just finished my lunch salad, thinking of getting some fruit salad for dessert and i'm looking forward to dinner :)

HAPPY SALAD DAY WOOOOOOO

13. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    2 salads? whoa! Greg, you're the KING!

14. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm glad to hear that you're all having a great Salad Day. Do post pictures if you can!

I'll be having my first salad soon! I'm making salad tonight to celebrate with everyone in the house.

It's going to be great!

15. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    I wanted to take a picture of me eating my salad but it was so good that I didn't want to wait, I wanted to eat my salad right away.
    I'm so full! My salad had lettuce, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, feta cheese and eggs. It was magically delicious! Oh, I made my own salad dressing: vinegar, oil and salt. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

16. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    As Salad Day comes to a close (at least for me...everyone else has another hour to enjoy it!) I reflect upon the day with a sense of great joy and respect for all Salads everywhere.

They provide so much for us, and I am proud to say that I celebrated all that they have done and I see that many others did as well.

It is a day that can bring people together, to share and reflect upon the goodness that is salad. Resulting in new or deepened friendships.

I eagerly await January 14, 2004.

Happy Salad Day, everyone!

17. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    The Oxford Dictionary defines salad as:

Salad: mixture of raw or cooked vegetables, herbs, etc., usu. seasoned with oil, vinegar, etc., and often eaten with or including cold meat, cheese, etc.,: vegetable or herb suitable for eating raw; salad days one's period of youthful inexperience; salad-dressing mixture of oil, vinegar, etc,. used with salad

Mmm...salad!

18. Pissenlit

Nov 26, 2001
    Ya know, 'cause it was salad day, I even took the extra time to sprinkle some parmasan cheese onto it! :D...no wait, I do that for all my salads...mmmm...salad...

19. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I truely enjoyed my salad, and salad day. Nothing special though, just a side caesar.

20. Pissenlit

Nov 26, 2001
    Nothing special?...NOTHING SPECIAL??? Respect your salad! :D

21. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Bah, humbug.

I'm so glad its over, and we can all get back to our normal lives.

22. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    Well I too had an eventful Salad day...I spread the joy of Salad to all!

...well, actually just the 30 people who had reservations and wanted salad, but you get the picture. Much salad was consumed, and all had a brighter day because of it.

Except for that bugger who didn't finish his. He's going to have a very sad life, that one.

23. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    What, you mean you didn't sit down next to him and force him to finish his salad???? for shame....

24. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Now now Greg, Forcing one to eat their Salad in not in the spirit of Salad Day.

We must be at peace with the Salad haters and those whom think it's 'nothing special'

Everything's Green!

25. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    I just got my internet connection back up (damn salad hating Rogers).

Anyhoo, hope everyone had a great Salad Day! Mine was pretty un-eventful... but I gotta confess! I didn't really have much of anything yesterday... but... but... Apple Cinnamon Cheerios counts as a salad, right? Assorted vegetable matter in a heterogenous mixture... eh... eh... :( *sigh*

Hehe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.