main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*It's The Maine Lounge*

Discussion in 'Archive: Maine' started by Nate-Skywalker, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nate-Skywalker

Nate-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2003
    Welcome To The Maine Lounge...

Take a seat...enjoy the wildlife...and have yourself a cold beer eh?

2. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

*Sits down and has a cold beer*

3. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    saber man...whatsup?

4. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

not too much... *takes sip of beer*

I wonder if we can actually get this Maine fan force off the ground... We already have 1 meeting under our belt from 2 years ago (read story in welcome thread), so 2 more shouldn't be too hard!

What are everyones interests here? Mine are movies, paintball, prop making and costuming, video games, ect.

5. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    i got a few friends who are interested as well...I love paintballing...i love videogames,skateboarding,snowboarding,basketball...

We need to find something we can all do...

6. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Yeah, paintball would probably go over pretty well with everyone. I know of some pretty good fields through the state.

7. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    The only one ive played at is Bennets...my friends arent so good at paintballin so it should be fun lol

I have 3 other people who are interested in FF, so this shouldnt be too hard to get something done...

8. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I know of 1 who will definatly do it, and another who will most likely do it. I also know of a couple of adults who might be interested... They are really cool. They're both in the 501st.

9. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    Yea we used to have a "club"(group of people) who used to meet everyweek and work on SW fan art and stuff like that...i also got a notice from EA for our arts...it was a pretty cool thing

10. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Thats awsome! I'm into art as well... I'm working on a 3/4 scale clay bust of Anakin from ROTS.

11. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I'm also a film maker... Maybe all of us could get together for a short fan film sometime.

12. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    Yah im into that...i havent drawn or done anything with art in a while, school keeps me busy but yah it would be cool to do a short-film...I can probably get EA to get into a magazine for somethin like SW nation or something...

13. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

That would be pretty cool... Those 2 guys I mentioned have stormtrooper armor, so they would probably help out. I also have an accurate Anakin ROTS costume thats almost done.

14. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    I happend to lack the proper attire :-\...but the Uniforms would be cool for the film too

15. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Ah... But on an ulrelated note, those guys I mentioned also own a DeLorean... That alone makes them ultra cool.

16. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    Delorian??

It sounds familiar but i cant think of what it is...

17. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

The car from Back to the Future.

18. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    They own one?...how they get there hands on the money for that?

19. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Yeah... they arn't *that* expensive... Like 12 grand for a half decent one. He told me it has about 20 grand in it overall... Its not converted to look like the movie car though.

20. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    well its cool that they got one though...I have a Couger...its pretty nice, leather,cd player,underglow

I hadda get my system fixed so im all stock on that rite now haha

21. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    Alright so we needa start gettin some things to do and some possible dates to go over...

Saber me n u r goin to be co-presidents

22. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I beleive there is a rule where the CO or whatever they call it has to be 18 or older... I'll be 18 in 2 weeks. I'll check it out though.

23. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I just emailed them asking if our meet from 2 years ago can count towards our 3, if the RA needs to be 18+, and if there can be 2 RA's :)

24. Nate-Skywalker

Oct 19, 2003
    aight cool...im not sure about the 18+ thing but who knows...

25. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey guys...just wanted to drop by and say hi from Boston. :) Good luck getting your FanForce off the ground, I know it's no easy task!

And to answer some of the questions that have come up, it's called a CR...chapter representative. Like me! There's one per chapter. That doesn't mean you can't have co-presidents; it just means one blue name per group. The CR gets access to the CR forum, where he or she can communicate with all the other blue names around the world! The co-president that wasn't CR could have a title. And CRs do have to be 18 years of age. Meriwyn might have already answered your questions, but just in case, I thought I'd try to be helpful too. :)

Feel free to drop by the Boston boards sometime to say hi or whatever. We're close to a lot of other groups in the NE Region so we tend to post on more boards than just our own. Maybe once you guys are official some of us could make a trip up there to come to a meeting sometime!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.