main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon It's the post random thoughts thread!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I dyed my hair blonde,it turned strawberrie blonde cause of my red highlights!Even though my hair is naturally light brown.
    My hair color changes faster than the Slave 1 at light speed!

2. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    If someone could tell me what my old password is,I could probably use it again!

3. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I just got a porclin clone trooper head hand painted from Mexico! :D

4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Haha.

My random thought right now is why the heck can't the Online Film Critics Society hurry up and review my application? I'm really anxious to join their group so I can join the Rotten Tomatoes critics too. Grr

5. Raiden

Raiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2002
    My random thought is how do you what is the scope of a php authorization keyword... I'm pretty sure it's scope is the document that it's embedded in... which then makes me have alot of ifs... can I create encrypted pages that only I know how to decrypt with the idealology of transparent htaccess sessions?
    -Raiden (The mind is boggled...)

6. gothman

gothman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    My random thought is I'm glad the rain is back. [face_devil]

7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Huh?!?! Rain sucks! This weather is terrible. I cannot wait for summer. Not a day passes where I don't either think of finally leaving Oregon for sunny Los Angeles or just making it until summer so that I don't have to put up with this crap anymore.

It's all well and good to say, "Oh I like the rain," but only fools who don't walk out in it say that. I walk two miles a day when I'm at college, all in the cold and rain, so I don't like it because it's bad. Much like I don't like bad smells because they are, obviously, bad. Rain is just plain BAD.

8. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I love rain... maybe that's why I love portland...
    I hate bright sun light... hurts my eyes and my skin...

9. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Marcus on the ground,head throbbing and his arm is in dieing in agonizing pain.He will have to get it amputated after his other leg brakes by the swift stroke of my light sabre of burning heat! :D [face_blush]

10. gothman

gothman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Yeah, that's right. I'm a fool.

11. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    lol, let me restate this.

If you like WALKING in the rain you are either:
    1) a fool
    2) a masochist

There are no other options. Rain is not a desirable condition. It's considered bad weather. That's why people say, "Wow it's nice out!" when it's sunny. They don't say, "Wow it's so bad out, the sun is out, ugg!" Vampires may say that, but humans do not. Same with rain. Nobody looks outside, sees it raining, and says, "Wow it's so beautiful out!" No, it's ugly out when it rains. Plain ugly. You wake up, you're instantly in a bad mood because of the lousy weather. That's just the reality of the situation and of living in Portland.

During the summer, Portland and Oregon in general is beautiful. During the winter, it is a godawful city/state that is painful to endure.

Jesus Oregonians are weird sometimes. I've been here 20 years, my entire life, and at least I have the common sense to understand what is good weather and what is bad weather.

12. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    Wow how depressing we are, every one looks at rain and clouds as depressing, guess what its life! Rain brings life, its refreshing dampness springs forth many senergies.
    Take Yoda for instance, did he not rise the "Return of the Jedi"? He was on a swamp of dismall rain and terror. He rose above all and said "my home this is."
    Dude listen to the Jedi master I think he would know better than you or me eh??
    I work every day in the weather, it has no effect on the strong minded.

13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    haha, well hey suit yourself.

Everyone I know, and I do mean everyone, gets depressed by the rain. Many of my friends are not bothered by the cold weather and actually love Oregon, but even though they love Oregon, they very much dislike the rain. Ben and Bryan, my two best friends, will probably stay here in Oregon I suppose, they like it a lot. I enjoy Oregon, it's a good state overall, but 1) a bit too liberal (this is a major problem with California, though) 2) too cold. I will not live out my days in a state that is so miserable to live in, lol. I mean, I'm sorry but I wouldn't want to wake up every day to this kind of crap.

I rarely let it get to me here, unless it makes me sick, which happened last week because it was so cold and I walk so far to class that it makes me physically ill to be out in the cold that long, even with a nice down jacket and gloves and whatnot. I try not to look outside much during the winter and try to avoid thinking about it, but let me tell you, when you live in Los Angeles for one winter, it's incredible how great the weather is and how great the feeling is almost every day. It's just beautiful. I remember we had one of the warmest days just before my birthday in 2001, it was in early December, when I expect it would be super cold, or at least it is in Oregon, and it was about 75 to 80 degrees in LA, sunny weather, totally beautiful. I could have went sunbathing in December! I love that.

I'd prefer to live in San Diego personally, but Los Angeles is where the film industry is, and I will go where I must to work at what I want. Meanwhile, I love Oregon summers and I think it is a beautiful state on its good days. It really is a great state when it's nice, but unfortunately we just don't get as many opportunities to enjoy the outdoors here. Besides the weather, though, Oregon mostly rocks. No sales tax, no pumping your own gas nonsense (that is such crap), and not too many people. Unfortunately, the drawback of Portland being somewhat of a smaller city is not getting a lot of these movies in a timely fashion, so I look forward to being in L.A. so that I can see even more movies quicker, but oh well.

14. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Jesus Oregonians? I like rain and sun and I am a "Jesus Oregonian"!
    The rain to go out and get soaked,maybe splash around in mud puddles! :D
    The sun to get warm and play sports in the summer,and to swim!I like em both!

15. YodaGirl123

YodaGirl123 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2003
    I lived in Oregon for 12 years and now I'm done here in Los Angeles. And let me say, when its the middle of July and you can wear sandles and sunglasses, you won't ever want to go back!

I suppose the only thing I miss is trees and green. Of course Palm Trees make me happy :-D

16. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    I grew up in San Diego, and have spent TONS of time in L.A.
    Let me just say those are two of the most GOD awful cities in AMerica. There is nothing like summer in L.A. when you can't see across town because of the smog. I loved being able to take a half and hour to go ANYWHERE. There is NO rain, and every year there is a drought.

Look, I know the beach is nice, I actually miss the waves in the middle of the night, but the actual city of SD had NO life to it.

I love PORTLAND, I LOVE the rain. I love clouds, I love seasons, I love seeing the trees turn different colors. I had never seen that until I was 27. I had never seen it snow until 27. Portland is the best city I've ever been to. Except maybe Seattle, but that has southern Cal traffic now, so it's been kinda ruined.

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    lol, to each his own I guess, but Seattle is horrible. I think it's a fun city when the weather is nice, like when we went up during the summer, that was great. It was decent luckily when I went to Seattle in December, but it's TOO damn cold and too rainy.

Seeing the seasons change is stupid. I like only one season -- summer. That's what season it should be all of the time. It's wet, cold, miserable, and rainy in this state 9 months of the year and it's not enjoyable whatsoever. It takes a special type of person indeed to appreciate this state, LOL, ugg.

The people are nice mostly, though. I like people here more than I did when I was in Los Angeles, personally. San Diego is a beautiful city, the weather there is perfect all year.

Traffic is a pain anywhere, including in Portland.

18. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    I guess I was a little harsh on SD. I did grow up there. It has many cool things. I do love the beaches there. You can't beat La Jolla, and the Chargers are there, so part of me is still there. Glad you are enjoing it. What part of town are you in?

19. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I finally moved back to LA after spending most of my life growing up in Oregon, the Portland area. (Was born a CA girl, we moved to OR when I was young). I was totally excited about getting back to the sun & fun of Southern CA. Had planned this for many years and finally did it last Summer.

I hate rain. HATE IT. Went home (to OR) for Xmas. Rained all but one day maybe. Came back to LA after my vacation. Decided I am insane and actually MISS the rain, and Oregon in general. Want to move back home.

Isn't life funny. Greener pastures I guess.

20. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    Jedimasterellic_kier I have but one question.....What part of you is still in cally LOL. Man I was born in Cally raised in Washington(seattle) and now reside in Oregon, and I want nothing more than to go back to Washington it was the best!!!!!!!!!! but then again back in the good old days it snowed....ALOT!!!!! I loved it and still do.I guess I'm not in a band anymore and life up there would probably suck now LOL I guess I will stay here. But summer does rule, until its 100+ degrees out and your stuck in an attic in insulation X( that sucks man BAD!!!!

21. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I just hate winter, hate cold weather, hate rain. I can't wait to leave for Los Angeles. Also largely because of what Oregon means to me, which is that I'm still at home and in college. I can't wait to get to L.A. and start my filmmaking career...

22. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    well I do wish you the best in your future in film, that would be sweet to do that, I heard that its a rough industry, what are you going to try out for director, editer.... I want to try to get with the electrical program and work on the movie or TV sets as an electricion that would be sweet but I have no idea where to start :( bummer. well I'm gonna go browse the internet looking for more web sites about star wars toy collecting...cause that is my specialty later folks.

23. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    All together,26 Tie Fighters get destroyed through out the original trilogy. :D
    (What?!I get bored!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.