main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Its time for another post

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Tycho_C, Jan 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tycho_C

Tycho_C Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2000
    Hey Fresnans and all ya'll in the rest of the valley. WHATS UP?

Sometimes I wish there were more posts here but I guess you can't always get what you want. So lets see...does anyone read the Expanded Universe novels?

Does anyone read?

Does anyone have a fav SW movie character?

Does anyone feel like beating up a Trekkie sometimes?

Well these I'm sure are great questions to think about so get back on this and if you feel like having a great hamburger, try Mom's Bugers on Clinton and West across from Walgreens.
    Later

2. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Tycho_C-

I totally agree, we do need to add something fresh to our forum.

Jar-Jar would be my favorite character. Psych! Han Solo is my favorite.

Trekkies have never bothered me. I knew a couple people in the Bay Area who were semi-hard core Trekkies & they were cool.

I've read Amazing Spider-Man & am just getting into Superman titles.

Otherwise, I keep busy with my site: Fresno's DVD Connection. It's a site geared towards those in the Valley explaining where all the best DVD movie bargains are. We also provide a nice listing of Upcoming DVD's & reviews of local DVD retailers. The sites address is included in my signature.

How about you Tycho_C? What kind of things are you interested in? Actually, that question is for everyone. Talk to you all soon.

3. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    No, I don't read the Expanded Universe books or comics. But I am reading the Lord of the Rings Trilogy right now!

Hmm, favorite character, I don't think I have just one! I like: Luke, Han, Yoda (in Episode V), Vader, Qui-Gon, and more!

ohhh yes, I despise Star Trek. I tried to sit down and watch Voyager the other night, no way. It was stupid, I couldn't stand it! Haha, I'm a Star Wars fan all the way!

That's a cool DVD site Darth-O. I have a few sites of my own, one is www.episodeii.com

and the other is www.cvastro.com . It's the website for the Central Valley Astronomers, the local astronomy club for Fresno and neighboring cities.

4. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Jedi Apprentice-

No way! I go to your Star Wars site all the time. What a small world. I knew it sounded familiar when you posted it. Awesome. I'll have to check out your astronomers site, it also sounds pretty cool. Talk to you all soon.

5. Tycho_C

Tycho_C Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2000
    Hey yall

Hey I like that website about the dvds. We in Fresno need to have connections like that. I just recently got me a PS2 and I'm revamping my movie collection to DVD. I just bought Blade the other day. I'm into movies in a big way too. I like Suncoast's selection but those prices do suck. Sorry I havent been around but was kept busy. I should be around much more now. Later dudes

6. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Thanks for the compliments about my site, they're much appreciated. Anyone having a Super Bowl party this Sunday? We're just having some family over. We're cheering for Trent to win. Talk to you soon.

7. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Any of you guys still around?

8. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Jedi Apprentice-

I'm still around. I wish we could get more people to this forum. There are a lot of Star Wars fans in Fresno/Clovis who would probably love it.

Is anyone doing anything special for Valentine's Day? Hope to talk to you all soon.

Darth O

9. Tycho_C

Tycho_C Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2000
    Im still around too. I hope everyone is doing well. Hey Darth O, Since you're a big DVD buff I need to know something. I haven't checked this out yet, but I heard that The Warehouse sells used DVD's. I was wondering if its worth my time to go check this out. Are the prices good? And are the used discs in good shape? If you know anything let me know. Ok then talk to you later dudes.

Tycho

10. Darth_O

Darth_O Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2000
    Tycho_C

Good question about the Wherehouse. They do sell used DVD's but I wouldn't recommend buying them unless you have store credit to spare. For example, the Barstow/Blackstone Wherehouse has Gladiator for $18.99 used. You can go to Circuit City/Best Buy/Target/Costco & usually find it for $19.99 or less. You might as well buy it new. They offer a 3/1 on Tuesday: You trade in 3 used DVD's for 1 new one up to $24.99. Otherwise they buy them for about $6-8 each (depending on the title). It's always fun to check out their used DVD selection though. Every once in a while you'll see hard to find/Out Of Print titles. Check out their selection one day & see what you think. Personally, I would spend the extra $2-3 & buy new. Hope you're all doing well. Talk to you soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.