main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Time For TCW to End.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Should TCW end?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2013.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    78.3%
  3. Never should have been made

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    TOTAL FILM: "The Star Wars universe has expanded far beyond the movies. How much leeway do the game makers and novel writers have?"LUCAS: "They have their own kind of world. There's three pillars of Star Wars. I'll probably get in trouble for this but it's OK! There's three pillars: the father, the son and the holy ghost. I'm the father, Howard Roffman [president of Lucas Licensing] is the son and the holy ghost is the fans, this kind of ethereal world of people coming up with all kinds of different ideas and histories. Now these three different pillars don't always match, but the movies and TV shows are all under my control and they are consistent within themselves. Howard tries to be consistent but sometimes he goes off on tangents and it's hard to hold him back.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

GL: I haven’t limited myself with what stories I’ve wanted to tell; this is Star Wars, and I don’t make a distinction between the series and the films. It’s just a different format and a different delivery.
    http://www.scifinow.co.uk/interview...-dave-filoni-talk-star-wars-the-clone-wars-2/

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It already is bypassed to some extent. The Essential Atlas is used as canon for pretty much every location of every planetary system in that book, and it alters some TCW stuff to fit with the established novels and comics.

3. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    agreed. But brining him back certainly was a great thing for his character and the series as a whole. if you live so close minded and angrily, you miss out on great things. like maul coming back..

looking at a later comment, you meant even piell. Granted piells death wasnt that good, whatever. Adi's death was fine. I preferred her death by Grievous, but her death by savage is great too. In reality its a minor/random ass jedi. So it doesnt make a difference to me

Ahsoka is clearly a gifted jedi. Fa above average. Just as Padawan Obiwan and Anakin surpassed jedi masters in skill I dont see why padawan Ashoka can't?

If you saw the clone wars movie you would know that

A. Ashoka was highly regarded by master yoda from the start
    B. She was young for a padawan, but was make skywalker's padawan because of her exceptional skill

So why can't Ashoka do well against Grievous??

Well that's your opinion. Without any evidence

Even Yoda or Windu would be defeated if they were surrounded by an army of Gungans....

Who cares? Her new one is far better.

Is that a bad thing?

Was a pretty good story arc. Great seeing Qui Gon again. I'm not a super lover of this arc, but it certainly was awesome and something new. I liked it a lot.

TCW is an acquired taste. If you go in stubborn and angry about canon issues you'll never like it. Thats how I used to be. I gave the show a second chance tho, and made a complete 180 into loving the show. I'm so happy I did too.

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  4. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Why are so many people choosing 'no'? TCW has to end one day, otherwise we'll have the next neverending story.

When it should end is a complete different question, of course.;)

InterestingLurker likes this.
  5. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Seriously.... who cares about how many seasons clone wars lasted...3 years from what i understand. People are upset because it has lasted 5 seasons. Maybe 5 clone war seasons is 1 year in the actual clone wars. Seriously trolls/haters. This is all non sense! It is entertainment. Fun entertainment. Who really cares. Let us who enjoy it... well... enjoy it!

vong333 likes this.
  6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I second that, I'm enjoying the clone wars a lot and quite frankly I don't want it to end. They should go on for a couple of more seasons and add stuff that better explians everything from the prequels. From the political angle to the war, and to what we are getting in this arc. Hands down, this last arc is just awesome. Enjoyed the last two episodes and can't wait for tomorrow morning to see the third act in this arc. This is just pure awesome. Period. This at least should hold us over until the movies start to crank out. Let me make it clear, I don't want star wars to return back to the time that it was just novels and comic books and the occassional video game. No! I'll walk from the franchise if that happens. I want to see more animation in star wars more of in the 2-D style, and a couple more seasons of the clone wars.

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  7. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I 2nd that. I am sure all the haters will be coming out and just knock on VII when more details get released. Why even call themselves star wars fans?

8. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Just walk away.

9. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know if this is against the rules here but can anyone point me in the direction of the new episode?

10. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I was a SW fan right from before ANH (at least before it started in theaters here - my uncle had brought me the novelization from the States when I was 11). I watched the movies, the TV series',read the novelizations, read the comics, read most EU books up to 'Traitor' (the only book I ever stopped reading - never finished it) and several after it, and I played (and still play) most of the video games, including those for the Atari 2600, and p&p games.
    There were enough contradictory details in all those different levels of canon. There were things I loved and things I didn't like, but in the end, reading and watching all the stuff resulted in the formation of my own personal canon, and that's open for revision anytime I see or read something I like better than what I read or liked before. Panta rei[/], so to say.

While I had totally missed the TCW movie in the beginning, a friend gave me the novelization which had me irritated slightly. Let's just say that while I absolutely loved RC: Hard Contact, other books by the-author-who-shall not-be-named did that to me. It did not make me want to watch the movie. I didn't like the pictures much, either. But then, while sitting in front of my monitor one night and doing some boredom research, I discovered a rather fap-worthy video clip from the TCW series.
    I sat there in awe, mouth open, my blood pressure instantly going up. Once I could think again, I switched to Amazon and ordered the TCW movie plus the first two seasons that were available here ATM. I watched them. Alone first, later with my young son.
    And TCW came to be my favorite part of the SW universe. It just happend to cater to my tastes in a way other branches of the SW franchise haven't done, or not done as well.
    I don't want TCW to end, no sir, but if something new came along that pampered me even better than TCW, I'd have no objections of having that rise to the top of my list.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  11. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I agree that GG is overpowered. In the movies he killed Jedi but no masters and not all masters are great with martial skills. In reality any Jedi could slam him against a wall and rip him apart, i guess they are so fair minded, whatever...

And as for Dooku and Geonosis, they had been tortured esp Obi-wan and completely shocked had seen tons of comrades fall and believed Dooku was innocent of any bloodshed let alone treason. Neither Obi-wan nor Anakin were their normal fighting selves. Anakin was in no shape to fight. He just lost his mother and fell in love (and Padme may have been dead at that point) and it's tiresome to have such overwhelming emotions in a short time plus their arena struggles.

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    And lol because that "fanfiction" is more nuanced and plausible than this show, imo. (No offence to the show)

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm thinking that the poll results are pretty clear and this thread has gone far enough. I can barely follow it the last two pages. Well done guys. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.