main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC It's time to convene a tribunal to try I Are The Internets (The Verdict is in)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Jul 23, 2015.

?

Which motion(s) should we approve? (see bottom of post for suggested motions)

1. A

18.2%
  2. A+B

21.2%
  3. None of them!

30.3%
  4. **** you, Cor

45.5%
  5. twerk dat ass

60.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Dear IATI,

how's it going, man? Life treating you good? I hope so. But this isn't about your life; this is about your posting habits on the Jedi Council Community forum. There's just a wee little bit of a problem, IATI. It's a very small one. Positively quark-sized, really. The problem is, your posts suck. And worse than that, there's a goddarn lot of them. They infest every page of every thread like someone slammed a very thoughtfully written book shut in the middle of a swarm of gnats.

Let's just take a gander at the facts, shall we? At the time of my looking, your post count is 26,184. Normally, this really wouldn't be a problem, but you registered in November of 2012. By the time I'm done writing this post, your post count will probably have increase to 30,206. But even still, the fact that you've amassed such a stunningly, breathtakingly gargantuan arsenal of posts in less than three years would not be a problem if they didn't inherently suck. The fact is, most of these posts consist of dreck like this:

In the presidential election thread:

Dave's latest bread thread (which he's made two million of, and that's an insane amount, but they're all good, get the point?):

The genocide thread:

The Ant-Man thread:

Kind of a shame? Has anyone else noticed how blandly noncommittal IATI can be?

To be sure, this tribunal is not trying to tell you not to post anymore. That’s fine. We just want to convene to decide whether we’re going to give you a nice, friendly, communal slap on the wrist for pelting us with your noxious little cherry bombs for a little bit too long. And, of course, since we have no real power, we also want to decide whether to recommend you exile yourself from the JCC and go somewhere more in tempo with your posting style. 7SA, for instance.

So, my fellow JCCers, shall we move forward with:

A.) slap on the wrist for IATI for too much suck, too much of the time, and possibly also

B.) a recommendation, a friendly one from people who have IATI’s best interests at heart, to quit himself of the JCC and find greener pastures elsewhere?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Obviously, D.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Obviously I cannot be a judge, but when it comes time for witnesses to swear oaths you will require them to say "I promise to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me mod."

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So is this the thread where we rag on I Are The Internets?

5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I don't really have a problem with IATI's posting. So he doesn't make a big impression. Big deal. He's not rude. His posts aren't always dumb. He posts just fine.

6. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    It is everyone's god - given right to post sucky stuff on the Internet!

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah. I can think of a lot of people who post too much suck, too much of the time. I Are is not one of them.

Can we try one of the bigots around here instead?

Hell, even if we wanted to keep the bigots around here for "LOL the 1950s have reached the World Wide Web" purposes...I've seen two fat-shamers around here in the past week or so. Maybe a tribunal for them in honor of National Hot Dog Day. Punishment could be to eat hot dogs until they gain ten pounds.

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    You can do better than this, Cor.

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I like ragging on IATI as much as the next person but this is a bit too far.

Juliet316, Zapdos and Darth Guy like this.
  10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I'd much prefer a thread that puts a different JCC member on trial every week or so.

11. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    There's the spirit!

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Personally I think we should summarily execute posters who clearly intend to have single option polls but make them multiple options.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    IATI is just fine. Despite his high post count in a short time he is no Bib. IATI > Bib.

He's more of a fun poster than a serious debate poster.

I selected "twerk dat ass" because I have never seen such an option before and decided to click it.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005

15. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    If he was a serious debater with that high a post count, what would that make him?

16. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    I get to be Robespierre.

edit: we already have that, Punk, he prefers to be called Jello.

17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    When I'm Head Admin they will be first against the wall.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Probably. But now that a tribunal has been convened, we've gotta try somebody.

Um. Not it. *finger on nose*

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  19. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    *finger on Jello's nose*

Totally not it.

20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    You just called jello a mass debater. On a roll tonight Cor

ophelia and Coruscant like this.
  21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

Don't know. But flippant, funny posts are easier than deep debated posts. At the same time, a simple and funny replay can be golden.

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You're right. Let me just put on my wig and I'll await IATI's defence.

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I voted for all options as I didn't want to discriminate.

Hooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr....

I actually think IATI post's are fine... Threads about American Presidents and the official definition of Genocide just go over my head... We need more threads on "bread" and "things that are hot dog shaped" to be honest - I'm as shallow as a worms grave and I don't mind admitting it! [face_party]

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]
    We're good, IATI.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  25. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    I Are The Internets, consider yourself SUMMONED.

Please take your seat in the defendant's chair.