main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA It's time to get serious: Let's set a date for the first official meeting of the Sac Valley Chapter

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    How's January 19th at 1:00 in the afternoon at a Starbucks coffee in downtown Sacramento strike you????

We'll hash out a time, date and place, then I'll start another thread announcing it formally.

2. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    For a second event, we could meet a the Star Trek Convention in Sacramento, held at the Convention Center downtown on February 9th and 10th. Of course it isn't Star Wars, but it might be fun for us anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if some SW vendors don't show up as well.

Here's the info I found at creationent.com:

"SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA
    Sat. & Sun. FEBRUARY 9-10, 2002
    SACRAMENTO CONVENTION CENTER
    13th and J Street (Exhibit Halls)
    CREATION SALUTES STAR TREK
    SHOW HOURS: Noon - 6pm Daily

Guests:
    THE ENTIRE CLASSIC TREK CAST and more!

SATURDAY:
    WILLIAM SHATNER and LEONARD NIMOY on stage together, celebrating 35
    years of Star Trek!

SUNDAY:
    JAMES DOOHAN (Scotty)
    NICHELLE NICHOLS (Uhura)
    WALTER KOENIG (Chekov)
    GEORGE TAKEI (Sulu)
    MAJEL BARRETT RODDENBERRY (Nurse Chapel)
    GRACE LEE WHITNEY (Janice Rand)

Also, local "Creature Feature Hosts" JOHN STANLEY and BOB WILKINS will be on
    hand throughout the weekend.

CONVENTION TICKETS: You can order in advance through Creation on-line, by telephone or by mail.
    (See below for ordering options) On-line and telephone orders include service charges.

GOLD PACKAGES: These are strictly limited to 300 of the best reserved seats in the house, yours
    all weekend. They are $150 for the seating tickets and $165 for guaranteed in-person autographs
    from WILLIAM SHATNER, LEONARD NIMOY, JAMES DOOHAN, NICHELLE NICHOLS, WALTER
    KOENIG, and GEORGE TAKEI. The total for this package is $315 and this offers a extremely rare
    (the only time in Northern California ever!) to get in-person autographs from the original cast!
    Check it out on eBay and you'll see that autographed photos of these celebrities are being sold for
    far more! Once these 300 packages are gone we can not add anymore!

PREFERRED DAILY SEATING: These tickets offer you reserved seating either day, located in the
    areas behind Gold Package seat holders. They do not include autographing from the celebrities.
    Preferred Seating is $65 daily

GENERAL ADMISSION: These tickets offer you all the fun of the convention and seating behind all
    the reserved seat holders as above. General Admission Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the
    door. Kids 7-12 will be $15 at the door only. Kids 6 and under are free.

Majel Barrett Roddenberry will sign at her booth for all who stop by.
    Grace Lee charges a nominal fee for her autographs.

Advance Preferred Seating and General Admission will be available one month prior to the event at
    BASS outlets. BASS, on-line and telephone orders have service charges."

Anyone pm me your ideas or dates and times for the first event that work for you in particular.

3. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    (Wow! The inspiration is really flowing now) ;)

Then for the 3rd meeting, we could meet at a major theater for one of the more early showings of AOTC (I'm thinking we'll all be at our respective local theaters for the midnight showing, so it'd be best if we met that first weekend or something).

Thoughts? Insights? Sarcastic comments?

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey guys and gals. Let me know when you want to make your first gathering date official. I can post it on the main fanforce page and maybe gather more attention as well. :)

5. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    Mmm caffeine
    i might be able to come

6. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    I'm in. Let the mocha flow.

7. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I don't have many ideas, but I'm willing to follow through with this.

8. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Great! This'll be fun. :D sacul 1138 and I have been talking about setting a meeting for months. Let's make sure he and anyone else very interested can attend, and we'll officially set it as our first gathering.

9. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Will do and MTFBWY!! :D

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Just let me know when and where.

11. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    I just heard back from a Internet stranded sacul 1138. He can't make Saturdays.

CalQdex, Sac-Town and Lord Darth, does Sunday at 1:00 that same weekend work for you three? If at least a couple of you respond that it works in the next few days, I think we'll have an offical date set. I'll then do a thread with all the details, address etc.

This is great! Anyone else interested, please join us or pm me. :D

12. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    Sorry it took so long to respond. I'm still in. Downtown Starbuck's Sunday, Jan. 20 @ 1:00. It would be nice to use the Force to know who's who, but we better figure out something else.

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I agree S-T-K. Whats the addy of StarBucks downtown? Since I don't drink coffee, I need to know where it is?

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    You guys and gals going to settle on Sunday as the date?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.