main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT I only say nice things

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004

Such a Southerner. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm pretty nice to just about everybody, even the people who I can't stand to be around and I know can't stand to be around me. If it makes them feel all the more uncomfortable then my job is done.

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Such a Midwesterner. :p

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I actually have trouble believing Americans are as nice as they are. It's just not healthy.

Cor, I'd like you a lot more if you kept your interviews going and they had good guests.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  5. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    You know, most of us ethnic Americans (the ones descended from the British settlers) are not terribly different (culturally or genetically) from many Australians. I was involved in pioneering an experimental chemistry course for two years jointly with an Australian and a Rhodesian. We had different accents, but we were all kindred.

Most of us are mixed with Germans too, though, so you can blame any differences in us you hate on that.

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Rubbish. We play real sports, don't own as many firearms as needed to feel our penis is 'adequate', and speak English. Sometimes.

slightly_unhinged likes this.
  7. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Ender when I read your posts should I read them with a British, Australian, or Wisconsin accent?

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Wisconsin, obviously.

9. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Tennessee Highlander is what I read them in.

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Shut up Tunick. And get out.

Gersh, I have a Cultivated Australian English accent. It sounds rather similar to what someone like Geoffrey Rush has. To a Briton it will sound familiar but not quite British nor not quite Australian; but to most non-Brits I'm often mistaken for a Brit. In fact, at the Singapore Grand Prix in September I sat with a delightful Kiwi couple who thought I was either from England, or born in England but recently of Australia. They didn't believe I was Australian.

Most Australian speak with the General Australian English accent- Hugh Jackman, Mark Webber, Russell Crowe. Few speak with the Broad Australian Accent - the late Steve Irwin, and Paul Hogan, are examples.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  11. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Nice, we all learned something about us today mate.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I thanked a colleague for their contribution today during a meeting. It was a lie.
    Their contribution was to cause auditors to be concerned for no good reason as he was completely wrong. And stupid.

13. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    How do morons find their way into these jobs? My office is crawling with the buggers.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

It's hard for me because I work in a risk management role so I'm forever having to go through the equivalent exercise of stopping a four year old from trying to eat a poisonous spider. They just can't understand why significant regulatory and reputational risk would be grounds to say "no" when a short term increase in FUM means they've met their KPIs.

15. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    You must have the patience of a saint. I'm able to keep them at arm's length most of the time; lucky to have a smart boss who shields me from much of the lunacy. My output makes him look good so everyone's happy.