main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT I quit smoking.

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I kept waiting for her to cough or the bed to catch fire or...idk..something with a message other than "Smoking is hot! Look! Hot women in their underwear do it too! Why would you quit this?" What is wrong with you, Montie?

A warning to those who have never kissed a smoker. She may look nice but her breath stinks as does all her clothes. And her mouth tastes disgusting.

2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    He's a dude.

Healer_Leona , Souderwan and Frank T. like this.
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    1. My evil mind asked, "how to **** with the smoker in the quitting smoking thread."

2. Youtube search "Sexy Smoker".

It was the first option.

I wonder if I could kiss a smoker given it has been years since my last cig.

4. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Let me know how that works out for you.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    As if you'd turn down a threesome offered by Beyonce and Halle Berry if they said you had to smoke a pack with them first with no teeth brushing afterwards.. [face_talk_hand]

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I would. I made the mistake of dating a smoker. Never again.

7. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Well, if we're imagining impossible scenarios that might pop up to get me to smoke again, we might as well have me hooking up with Wonder Woman and Super Girl on paradise island while smoking a doobie. In which case, I say light 'em up!

Frank T., SuperWatto and VadersLaMent like this.
  8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    How goes it SuperWatto?

9. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Still haven't smoked! And slowly acquiring the ability to drink coffee or a drink without fidgeting. It's weird; I've smoked for longer than I've been drinking coffee or alcohol, so in some ways I feel as if I'm back in high school.

Spending time on public transport is getting worse, though. I notice I've started giving smokers waiting on the platform The Stare. As soon as the weather gets better (we still have snow and hail here), I'm-a buy this to go to work:

[​IMG]

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you're doing awesome! keep it up!

DarthTunick likes this.
  11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    As one of the 'unclean', I'm allowed to hate you just a little - However, yesterday, I spent a part of 'Singles Awareness Day' with the interesting person in my life (who's a death on my habit) - from about half an hour before I picked him up, through lunch at our favorite 'Irish Pub' (you take what you can get on this side of the pond, and it's actually quite nice) and a few places after, I didn't even touch my pacifiers. That was nearly 4 hours willingly without, which for me was damn good.

I've decided I'm going to get the e-cig again, and quietly start switching over. I'm not going to say anything to anyone about it, and I'm not going to rag myself for 'slipping' or what not - I won't even start counting the savings until 2 weeks in, and THEN I'll start stashing away the extra.

Conceivably, I could go to CE2 in style (if I Non Rev) if I'm 'free' by April...

SuperWatto likes this.
  12. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Hey Watto! How goes the struggle? Hopefully you haven't kicked anybody in the face yet.

SuperWatto likes this.
  13. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I have relatives that smoke...one of them has bad wrinkles and smells horrible and has a raspy voice. Good Luck to you and think about the $ you will save for Episode 7 merchandise!

14. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Well, I'm fast making myself unwanted here, so that's an indication.
    It's definitely a struggle man. But I keep telling myself that the more time goes by, the easier it will get. Haven't noticed a change in the past week really, though.
    That helps! I sure don't wanna be that guy. But I'm afraid I gave up the merchandise long before I gave up smoking... it's the kids... now I'm buying Twilight and Dora the Explorer merchandise [face_plain]

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    That's another incentive to stay away from the cigarettes. All the years potentially lost via smoking those will go towards your kids instead.

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A bike is s brilliant idea. that will help keep the pounds off as you begin to taste how really yummy food is again!

17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    The UK is trying to pass a new smoking law. Anyone currently 14 or younger will never be allowed to legally buy tobacco here.

That means my two eldest kids will be allowed, but Punk Jr won’t. Technically that means even if they all walk into a corner shop in 20 years time when he’ll be in his 30’s, they can get smokes, he can’t.

Pretty nuts, but I guess it’s something good.

Rew and Sarge like this.
  18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I guess that's one way to wean the nation off... Basically there banning it but taking a while. Interesting.