main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT I Tell You Your Colour

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shira A'dola, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Zoey -burnt orange

Zara - I can't find an adequate hex code, but this is gold

Xander - teal

No colour. It's not too common that ordinary words have a colour, tbh. It's maybe a 50/50 shot.

Diggy likes this.
  2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  3. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    i have questions.

how does this work? do you like see the name in colours inside your head? or do you just get a vision of the colour itself when you hear a name? does it like flash before your eyes or is it just a feeling of a colour or wut? how do you see it? is it bothersome? are you possibly just tripping on acids? could it be your fiancee trying to poison you? is it infectious? what's maia in colours?

Shira A'dola likes this.
  4. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    So there's two different types of synaesthetic experience: The first is associative synaesthesia. This is where you experience "in your mind's eye". So (using my types as an example) if you heard rain, the colour would be in your mind, you'd think of the colour. The other type is where you physically see the colour, so rain would literally be that colour. I experience both. Primarily, it's associative. But when I'm tired, stressed, a sound is particularly loud or (in the event of my emotion --> colour) feeling an emotion very strongly, these colours begin to leak into my physical vision. It can be a bit distracting, yes, especially when I'm tired. I can concentrate on the colours more than what's actually going on. No drugs, as I've never taken them in my life, but some drugs can induce these types of experiences while the effects of the drug are in your system. And I think Chewgumma loves me too much to poison me :p It's not infectious, as it's neurological phenomenon. Some people taste words, others feel the sensation another feels, called mirror-touch. Others, like myself, see sounds, emotions, physical sensation. There's a whole list.

Maia - There's too many shades in this one to use hex codes, but it's a colourful variety of oranges, yellows and greens.

Jonathan - this tannish brown

Coruscant and jabberwalkie like this.
  5. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    cool.

see i don't have the ability to picture things in my head at all, so it's hard for me to grasp how you can experience colours "in your mind's eye". maybe normal people with the abilities to fantasize and think in images will understand it better. interesting ****, tho.

Shira A'dola likes this.
  6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Could you do the name Kate, please?

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think it's pretty obvious Shira is a witch. When are we burning her?

Shira A'dola likes this.
  8. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Fitting end, considering the colours of my real name ;)

Kate - a light, sky blue

9. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004

Ah, shoot, so I guess "people," "interview," and "y/n?" might all be out of the running. :(

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Who is electric blue? I would like a name trade. :p

So far I have dirt and some pinkish hue.

That won't work. I must find electric blue.

Royal blue if all else fails.

Shira A'dola likes this.
  11. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yeah, sorry man

Erm...Darkspine's username has royal blue at the edges. Harpua has an electric blue line running through her username. Aerokedan is royal blue. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, haha

12. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Oh, okay... I... well... I guess... okay, then

13. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Nice thread Shira, very interesting. :D

Furio

Michael

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Furio - Similar to "Violent"
    But the colours are inverted and a hint of brown between the black and crimson.

Michael - Mostly this sort of colour with dots of carribean blue

Darth_Furio likes this.
  15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Daniel.

16. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Thank You

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Daniel - Sepia with lines of this cream-ish

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
  19. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
  20. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

I have synaesthesia too, I can expand on some of the other types she listed! My brain "converts" sound, smell, and vision to each other. Some of them make sense, like seeing rain makes me smell petrichor. Some of them make little sense, like hearing three notes and seeing a sunset. If I smell something unfamiliar, I can get random sounds and pictures. It's kind of bizarre. I also see words as a ticker tape (actually, it's more like very faint subtitles all the time), and ideas and numbers are like on a whiteboard. I basically solve problems on an internal whiteboard that only I can see.

But music is the most powerful - a song is literally like a story to me, especially classical music. The sound/notes will make me see scenes in my mind's eye. It's fairly easy to ignore and even enjoyable, except when I am writing. Then, it can get distracting unless I find the perfect song. :p

Shira A'dola likes this.
  21. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Like Volshe said, music is the most powerful for me as well. But instead of seeing story-type images, different instruments have a visual texture for me. Piano looks like ripples in water. Violins look like ink dripped into water. Flutes look like a ribbon in the wind. Those textures are infused and surrounded by colour. I also have the white-board thing she mentioned, as well as something called spatial synaesthesia (the months of the year have a specific spot in relation to me), physical sensation to colour and people, along with their name colour, people have a secondary colour that's a combination of their voice and personality. People with synaesthesia normally have more than one type.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    me please.

23. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Tom - This green speckled with this brown

tom likes this.
  24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    My wife wants to know what color Cathy is.

25. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    I can't find a hex code for "Cathy" but it's sort of a rich creme colour infused with a bit of pink.