ITT I vent about tomorrow and no one cares

Discussion in 'Big Brother 5' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    So, since I'm not allowed onto my usual social thread, I'll tell you a random story:

In February, I came down with what the doctors thought was a sinus infection. After a weekend of keeping everyone up because I was so sick, I went to the doctor again and got treated for bronchitis. Well, they did a chest x-ray just in case I had pneumonia. On the chest x-ray they found something worrisome in my right lung. So they sent me for a CT. After looking at that, they called and said "Don't worry, there's nothing weird on your scans, but you DO have pneumonia." Well, the following day, they had someone else look at the scans and decided to have me do an MRI because what they thought was something in my lung was actually something growing off my fifth right-side rib in the back. According to the MRI, it's probably nothing. Most likely, it's a growth from when my ex slammed me into a wall so hard that he broke a rib and I never got treatment for it. But tomorrow, I have to have my 3-months-later chest x-ray. If it has gotten any bigger, they're removing that rib. So, proceed with whatever.
  2. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    good

luck tomorrow. Hope it's nothing.
  3. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    yeah, I hope you make out alright tomorrow.
    Hopefully it turns out to be nothing.
  4. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
    ouch. heres hoping it turns out to be no big deal.
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I'll come back here and spout off about the good news or gripe about how my August road trip to Boston will be canceled or whatever.
  6. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    It's not just Luke...

We all care. Hope its nothing bad.
  7. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    In two days, can you make a thread venting about yesterday?

Also, I hope it goes well!
  8. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
    Oh dear. Hope you are okay. Good luck! [face_peace] <--representing fingers crossed...
  9. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Well, the x-ray itself went fine. Now I just have to wait for Dr. Mitchell to call me back and say everything's fine.
  10. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
  11. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
    how long you think it'll take him to call? normally in this type o thing even if things supposedly go fine i end up worrying for days on end.
  12. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Well, here's how the timeline worked last time:

3:00 Monday, went to the doctor, had a chest x-ray
    3:45 was told to go immediately for a CT scan because they found a 'growth' in my lung
    6:15, finally had the CT
    2:00 Tuesday, call saying no worries, it's just pneumonia
    3:45 call saying omg, it might not just be pneumonia, get an MRI NOW!
    Next Monday, 6 a.m., got an MRI
    Wednesday, had appointment with doctor telling me it wasn't anything to worry about. Still check it in 3 months.

So, I don't know. I hope he calls tomorrow because I have a lot of stuff going on this weekend. One-day road trip to see a pageant in Manti tomorrow, game day on Saturday, birthday party for 'niece' later on, then dinner with my family for father's day, then Sunday, church, choir rehearsal... In short, I don't want to be freaking out all weekend about what my x-ray showed!
  13. hudzu Chosen One

star 6
    that would definitely be nice. if real doctors are anything like house, he's awake right now popping pain pills and staring at your xray, arguing about it with his closest confidants.

most likely though, he's just asleep. :(
  14. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL, no, he definitely seems like the House type, only with less well-written dialogue. Maybe I should get a second opinion!
  15. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    It's terrible how alarmist doctors have to be at times when they don't have enough information.
    Hope it all goes well.
  16. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    They're terrible. Personal possible TMI ahead: I remember two days before my wedding, I found out I might have ovarian cancer and the doctor they referred me to didn't believe the results. So instead of acting on the tests/scans, he had me go in for a scan once a month for six months and when he finally realized that things were getting worse, he finally scheduled surgery to remove the grapefruit-sized benign thingamajig that they'd been worried about back in the summer.
  17. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
    Ouch. Sorry to here about that.

Hope you are okay.
  18. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Still no news and they're now closed. GAH!
  19. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
    That is very bad of them.
  20. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    I personally think that the medical profession has been so corrupted by malpractice suits that they've become too cautious and overall efficiency has suffered. It really is a shame. I've known early cancer patients that the doctors have recommended every treatment including chemo (which it isn't necessary.) It gets over the top and out of control.
  21. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I agree. My friend's mom has inflammatory breast cancer and was stage 4 before they would actually diagnose her and get her in treatment.
  22. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    The doctor called. No change whatsoever from march, wants to follow up in 6 months.
  23. Daft-Vader Force Ghost

star 8
  24. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, that sounds like good news at least.
    no news is good news sort of thing.
  25. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    It's good--no surgery needed as far as we know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.