main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT old men are grumpy about things

Discussion in 'Community' started by slightly_unhinged, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

They can't make decent wine either.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know how to make wine. :(

And I'd probably be too lazy to do it anyway. :p

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I have a postgrad qualification in winemaking. So there.

4. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    What's your magnesium intake like, Sarge?

Could be a number of things but athletes often get night cramps due to slight electrolyte deficiencies, most often magnesium. If you don't supplement, it might be worth taking a couple of zma capsules/day or taking a bath in epsom salts (magnesium sulphate - can be absorbed through the skin).

[​IMG]

Kenneth Morgan, Ender Sai and Sarge like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I was peeling an orange for breakfast and it squirted me right square in my eye. Grrr. :mad:

slightly_unhinged likes this.
  6. slightly_unhinged

Jan 28, 2014
    Peugeot drivers.

It's not that they drive unnecessarily slowly - although that is mildly irritating - it's all the erratic horse**** they get up to. Suddenly slowing down to 10mph for absolutely no ****ing reason; not going at a roundabout until there's time/space for about 5 cars to pull out, then taking as long as 5 normal drivers would so that you're still ****ing waiting even after they've finally got their **** together; then - when there's finally two lanes and you want to overtake - they start twitching into the overtaking lane as if they're having spasms at the steering wheel. ****s.

Not so bad when you get to chill out and walk in a place like this afterwards, though. It's good living near the moors.

[​IMG]

7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    This guy gets it

Starts with "we had maps that unfolded", and it actually does unabashedly contain the line "music was better".

Sarge likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    slightly_unhinged you knew the remedy for what ails me was a thread like this.

My brother bought a Peugeot for his wife and newborn. I've repeatedly called him a **** for doing it.

Also, whilst the Cousins may struggle with what four letter word that is, I know you full well know what is was.

****s everywhere. That's the problem. The main irritant in my life is the sheer majority weight of ****s out there.

9. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

[​IMG]

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Explaining to my 18 year niece why typing was a skill that you could put on your resume and having give me a perplex look. She said to me, "Oh yeah... they didn't have computers in your day."

I actually did have a home computer when I was a kid. It was the popular Commodore 64 that really wasn't much more than a paper weight in my household. No one had idea how to use it.

11. slightly_unhinged

Jan 28, 2014
    Bloody hell, what did he do that for? My sympathy to his wife.

I may get a dash cam and start a '****s in Peugeots' youtube channel. I see some other people have made a start:

Ender Sai likes this.
  12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No idea. He also bought an A250 Sport Mercedes, then realised the GTI Golf is inherently a better drive.

He's a bit of a silly ****.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, the guy I dated in high school, his best friend and my best friend were all Commodore 64 geeks. They traded games, one called "Newsroom", on floppy disk.

Then one of our friends got a Commodore 128 and we thought he was rich.

Sarge and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  14. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Yeah, my panties got room for like, five twists....

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Um, we already have a feminist thread. [face_plain]

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005