main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I got parsnips in my organic seasonal vegetable home deliver box and I don't care for parsnips.

2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    My Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 fell out of my pocket and into the bathtub when I was giving my toddler a bath. It went completely under and my heart skipped a beat, as I was sure that I would have to suffer without a phone for a day or so until I found the time to head over to T-mobile and replace it (and what if they didn't have one in stock?!).

But by some miracle, Nokia's ads bragging about how durable their phones are proved true, because the Lumia emerged simply cleaner than it was when it fell under water. Screen was still sharp, sound was still playing, voice commands still operating...

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that I almost had a first world problem.

3. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    people actually use voice commands?

4. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I can't use voice commands, my phone doesn't understand me.

5. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    My dishwasher is overflowing. :(

6. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Somehow a bit of water keeps getting under my phone case/screen protector and it is messing with the touch screen. I've taken it apart and dried it 3 times now, to no avail.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    My water jug in the fridge is leaking pooling on my fresh apples.

8. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I use voice commands regularly, especially in my car via Bluetooth. "Call work, text [wife]," etc etc.

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Totally

10. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    well it doesn't exist in my language. and even if it did i'd have to change dialect for it to understand me. and that's just stupid.

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    This is a story that must be told.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hate Astronomy.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Went to a mall in San Diego. Discovered I could not wait so I went to the public restroom for a #2. I never got to do it until later. Once I sat down someone went into the next stall. And it took all of a minute and I saw hair poking out underneath the stall wall. I thought perhaps(hoped) he had just dropped something and was looking for it. It was of course the top of his head as he was trying to look under the wall. Next thing I see is a pair of bare knees and lower thighs squatting down in what must have been a failed attempt to show me his junk. I was too shocked to even yell or say anything. Then he just stood and finally looked over the top down at me and I freaked. 'What the hell are you doing?!' His response after he sat down, "Are you mad?"

[face_plain]

"**** yes I'm mad!" I pulled my pants back up and rushe dout of there to go get security but I didn't know where it was in that mall. I went back towards the bathroom and checke din there and he was gone.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Just spent a half hour resetting my Yahell password because allegedly some idiot hacked into it's email server and stole everybody's email passwords.

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Um... why did it take you half an hour to reset a password?

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Because everytime I kept putting in my password (correctly, I might add), Yahell kept telling me I was putting it in incorrectly. Yahell does that everytime I have to put in my password.

17. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    So you spent half an hour typing the same password over and over?

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol it's too bad there are no other email providers out there.

Darth Guy, Zapdos and harpua like this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Honestly, I'd have probably given up doing so... If it weren't for the fact that it's the email account tied into my account here. [face_plain]

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    why is that an issue? i've never had an email related to this place or needed one.

21. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    juuuulllieeeeet

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Because if a hacker had your email password, they can presumably gain access to anything else you have your email account attatched to. And as I had an email account hacked about 15 years back (when I was new to the Internet and stupid about typing my passwords out in the open in public places), I'd rather just change the password than have to go through that again.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh yeah, something terrible could happen if a hacker gained access to your jc account. makes sense.

Darth Guy likes this.
  24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol... yeah, they might accidentally find out what happened on this day in history or be subjected to some really ****ty music.

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    If it's such a non issue to have one's JCC password then go ahead and post it for those who are jumping on Juliet about it.

Juliet316 likes this.