main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I had to do actual work today...and I probably have to for the rest of the week.

2. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lucasfilm isn't adhering to the Expanded Universe. I really wanted to go into a new Star Wars movie completely knowing the story since Return of the Jedi and without a Chewbacca instead of something original and captivating.

But really, my Netflix discs are late and I think they purposely held them back because I managed to receive, watch, and send off two discs last weekend the same day I got them. I know they received the two discs a day before I got the e-mail of their receipt and I should be getting the next two discs today instead of tomorrow.
    Oh and according to Amazon, Prime Two-Day shipping means I should get items bought last night next Tuesday instead of Saturday or even Monday.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    A bunch of books and games I bought were just declared non-canon.

Yoda_S and DarthRelaxus like this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I went grocery shopping, including picking up paper towels. When I got home I saw that I already had plety of paper towels.

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I made another switch, Hungry Howies was just over six bucks and had good pizza. YAY! I just called them to order.................................NINE ******* DOLLARS for what I just ordered last weekend for under $7.

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I called Jet's Pizza. It will be under seven bucks but I noticed he mentioned a "coupon". WTF? There is no reason on this Earth for a medium pizza to be over seven ******* dollars, coupon or not.

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It was decent pizza, btw.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    There's nothing good on TV tonight.

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I don't feel like finishing this beer I got from the liquor store with a gift card.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I had to get up early this morning in roder to attend Bookstock.

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    My reading list is now 15 books deep.

13. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I made the mistake of passing the comics section in B&N on the way to the kids section with my son. I was thereby compelled to buy myself $40 in comics I hadn't planned on.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I went to pour water into a frosty mug but the water was frozen so I could not get even a single drop. But if I leave it out so it won't freeze and pour it into a frosty mug it is not as cold as I would like.

[​IMG]

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Netflix streaming is down.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I have a headache.

17. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    I hate this. I'm eating an after-dinner snack while watching television, when suddenly one of those
    stupid commercials comes on featuring starving, bloated, fly-infested children. People, please.
    I'm trying to eat.

Oh, wait. Now it's a commercial for the ASPCA.

That poor little doggy.... :_|

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I thought I had found a place to take my work breaks where solicitors wouldn't bother me, but some dude I've never met "on a mission" insisted that he totally wasn't going to try to convert me. For some reason I didn't believe him. Just leave me the **** alone!

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    But I don't want to wait months to read the 3rd Traitor's Son Cycle, or Three Body, or the 4th Expanse book, now now now!

[​IMG]

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The worst people in the world decided it was a good day to microwave fish in our floor's break room.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was pouring a bowl of delicious breakfast cereals when I realized that I had used the rest of my milk the night before to make a mug of hot cocoa.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Cereal tastes better without milk anyway. Adding milk makes it too soggy.

23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Madness

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Depends on the cereal, IMO. Also my mood.

Anyway, 1stWP- I can't decide between watching 10 guys skate around a large rink whilst hitting a small rubber puck around and occasionally beating each other up or Bill Paxton and Clark Gregg being awesome around a bunch of mediocre-at-best actors and Ming Na Wen doing spy generic action stuff. :(

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Paxton/Gregg/Ming Na Wen being awesome. There's only two more eps left of S.H.I.E.L.D. Hockey will likely go on for another month.