main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    All four of us are flying to Miami for free tomorrow but the airport, flight etc. is going to be exhausted.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Damn it. I just relized I'm out of ice cream. Damn it to hell.

3. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    My iPad is dying and I only have one outlet, which is charging my phone, cuz the girl next to me is charging her computer.

4. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Dear ice cream makers,

I went to the store to get some chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cups in it. There was none. Why? Because in your infinite ******* stupidity you thought people give a **** about butter pecan and not enough about chocolate. Let me ******* clue you in. We want chocolate, and fudge, and caramel and maybe because we want something different you can tuck some butter ******* pecan in the corner.

But you thought we liked butter ******* pecan so much that there had to be a sale of buy one get one free. Here's a ******* clue, you would not have to sell the **** via ONE FOR FREE if you made sure the ******* shelf is stocked with chocolate stuff which we will gladly pay for to satisfy our gluttonous first world needs!

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  5. V Wing Fighter Pilot

V Wing Fighter Pilot Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    I was curious as to what happened to this place, and I must've been gone longer than I thought. Everything has changed! The forums are completely different, did y'all change software recently? It was bad enough when I was considered an old guy for remembering the original forums software! DIALUP ERA REPRESENT!

All my bad posts, lost like tears in the wind.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, "recently."

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Hey, mine too!

Except this one.

And those thousands of other ones.

8. V Wing Fighter Pilot

V Wing Fighter Pilot Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    Well, I'm not talking the UBB changeover, I've not been gone *that* long. When'd y'all change to this format?

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    2 years ago permanently, but for a few months before that temporarily.

10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Google actively scan the email account contents of their Gmail holders, and are quoted as saying that no-one who passes information over the internet has a right to expect any privacy.

I decide that I cannot really do anything about my long-standing Hotmail and Yahoo accounts passing my stuff to the NSA, but I'm darned if I'm going to willingly sign up to a service that does not understand the concept of privacy.

Literally 24-fragging-hours later, I learn that to get any apps onto my new Samsung Galaxy smartphone, I NEED to get a Gmail account. Why the hell does nobody think to mention this **** to anyone?

11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    You didn't think that to use Google Android and the Google Play store you would need a Google account?

12. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    If the NSA were after you (unless you're Muslim, there's not a good chance), there isn't a major tech company or ISP that doesn't cooperate. Hate to break it to you.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I was focussing on the Samsung part of the name. My last phone, now a paperweight, was a Samsung T100. There was no need for email accounts run by anyone else.

I am very very new to the concept of smartphones, and frankly, no, nothing Google-related to do with operating systems for phones in the business news, did I think for a moment that I would need an email account with it.

Do the phones running Windows 7 require you to take out a Hotmail or Outlook account?

Never even heard of "Google Play Store" till four days after I bought the phone.

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    A couple of books I had checked out from the university library got recalled (Presumably by overzealous undergrads and/or other instructors trying to get a class access copy), so tomorrow I'll have to go all the way from my office to the return counter. That is an entire floor.

Windows phones (Not Windows 7 per se, there's a mobile OS) require a Microsoft account, which is indeed an Outlook account. This practice is pretty common.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I may have missed the memo, but I don't recall anyone before, when reporting on, advertising, or reviewing smartphones mentioning anything about email accounts being a necessity, so I was a bit blind-sided.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    It's because it's a non-issue for most people-- even me and I'm typically wary of "integration." I've had a GMail account since it started and it's my primary e-mail, so I thought nothing of linking my phone to it. There are a few annoyances (mainly having to do with it being in the company's best interest to bury some useful settings and features), but hey, that's technology.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks Ramza, that reminds me, my own library books are due today. *goes to online renewal*

Edit: And now I have to go to the library later on in the morning as one of the books I tried to renew has a hold on it. *sigh*

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I forgot Sin City 2 is out in theatres this weekend.

19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I just had to spend the last 30-minutes ringing the water out of my laundry, for today was the day in which my washing machine decided enough-was-enough, and promptly broke down; hopefully the dryer -after I let the clothes sit out a bit to dry some more- doesn't decide to do the same... preferably, I want all-of-this done by 5:15pm local time, for that's when the Who premiere begins, and I want to watch it "live", damn it.

20. Jensaarai1219

Jensaarai1219 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    It rained today and knocked out the cable. Last time this happened a technician had to come out and fix the box. First world problem #1: we're on hold with Comcast (apparently off and on all day while I've been at work). First world problem #2: We might miss doctor who. :(

21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

No, we've been here for longer than that.

[​IMG]

We've always been here.

22. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

"Your money is no good here, Mr. Penguinator."

VadersLaMent and Penguinator like this.
  23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
  24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

That pack of smokes was too damn difficult to open; it took much longer than previously thought to open it.

25. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I won $300 on a Star Wars video slot machine game in Atlantic City last week...then I lost it all like a chump.