main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    How does anyone ever pick anything to watch on Netflix in December?

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Close your eyes, wiggle the mouse around and click.

3. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    No one is replying to my texts today.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It's going to rain today.

5. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    I have to train all the new employees at work...

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It's raining

7. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I finally just finished raking leaves at our house. [face_tired]

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I managed to get enough leaves raked Saturday so that my husband would finish them and I could sit on my arse this coming Saturday.

DT421 likes this.
  9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I finished up my only final (Which is quite possibly my last "real" final ever because of grad school silliness), but because it's only 3:40 I feel like I should wait a bit before I start celebrating.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I have to make not just one, but two pistachio tortes to take to work tomorrow.

11. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Had to have an ENT(ear, nose, throat) exam today to get medical clearance for a pair of hearing aids - when I've already been wearing them for 20 FREAKIN' YEARS!

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    We wrecked our SUV and I'm going to drive an older car for awhile.... With no auxiliary input.

13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    There's too many Christmas-themed decorations I've got to pass by when I've gone/go on my walks this month. :p

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I love Christmas, but bloody hell, it's stressing me out this year.

15. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I had 4 free drinks and got multiple gifts at the Christmas party of a company I'm leaving soon (and they don't know).
    That doesn't bother me, it's that I didn't get the really big prize :(

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  16. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm scheduled to work the next six days in a row.

Also, while I have the 24th and 25th off, the place I'm working is closed on the 25th anyway so I feel like I'm getting shortchanged. I really dislike working five days a week. Work weeks should only be four days. This is a temp job and I've been offered the option of staying on afterwards. I was told it might be something like five days a week five hour shifts, and even that bugs me: If I'm only going to get 25 hours a week, please, don't make me come in five separate days for it. At that point I'd just rather have four days for 20 hours a week.

Actually, I want to bring that up with my possible future boss when we talk again about it, but I'm nervous if that's okay because I don't want to show a lack of enthusiasm or be too difficult. Do you guys think it's too demanding to say "I only want to work four days a week most weeks, regardless of the hours?" *sux at social situations*

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I spent all of last week (No classes this week) reminding students where the final exam is, and it's posted on the course website.

This morning, I get three emails wondering where the final exam - which is this afternoon - is.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  18. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    My Chef's choice Sushi plate didn't include eel.

Healer_Leona and yankee8255 like this.
  19. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    My layover in NYC doesn't give me enough time to peruse the gift shops and get a NYC snow globe. Hmph.

20. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Although I'm not a workaholic, turns out if I want to work, and my computer system is so ****** up that it won't let me, I can carry that annoyance - *checks time* - 12 hours into the next day.

1 Two screens of our CMS (something monitoring system) showed the view of a separate Excel spreadsheet, to the point where I had to restart my PC.

2 On restarting my machine, Excel fails to launch due to some Microsoft popup called a Remote Desktop Service. "Please try again in a few minutes. Other users will be able to log on."

What other users? They've all gone home; I'm trying to work late!

3 I phone our useless offsite help desk. Useless, yes, but I'm that desperate.

4 Help Desk person won't help me without me quoting my staff ID. I've stored all my passwords and the ID on an Excel spreadsheet, which my problem won't let me launch.

5 I try to find my ID for three minutes, then say goodbye and ring off, then find my payslip in my bag, and ring back.

6 Help Desk tells me to restart my machine. Since this takes ages, I half-attempt to engage the person in a game of I-Spy. After several seconds of silence, I recall that some scam artist (must have been) persuaded one of our Board Execs that tying our phones in with the computer system was the way forward. On paper it sounds good, but in practise, when you turn the computer turns off, the phone connection goes dead.

Which if you are talking to help desk over the phone, and turn your PC off...you can see where this is going.

7 Problem did not go away, I was unable to launch Excel back, and I eventually slinked off home.

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I want to stop and get Dunkin Donuts this morning but I start work an hour later so there will be a line of jerkholes that I don't normally have to deal with.

[​IMG]

22. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Pretty much no snow at all being forecast for the Salzburg area over the Christmas holidays, second year in a row. Damned you Muricans and your global warming ignorance!!

23. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I have to come into work at 8 on Christmas eve. Its the one time I have to come in and deal with the traffic. I work usually from 11 to 8. And I am getting out at noon. Huh crap. Let the new guy work that day.

24. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The store bought chili I used to love had its recipe changed. It is no longer savory but sweet. I am disappointed.

25. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Part of me thinks you're a git for complaining when you're in possibly the best place in the world to spend Christmas. Another part of me acknowledges that it would be way more awesome if there were a carpet of snow for the Krampuses to crunch underfoot.

[​IMG]

Hope you get snow soon.