main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I went to get ice cream and due to a sale the brand I wanted was gone so I had to go across the street to get it.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have an earache.

3. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I burned myself removing a Belgian waffle from the maker

4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The power keeps going out and back on because of ice/snow, and every single time I have to get up and reset my fan.

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    My cigar-to-Cuervo ratio is slightly askew tonight.

6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm saying this as a concerned internet acquaintance, tunics: smoking cigars is really bad for you and you should think about not doing that anymore.

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    "Hi, can you start me up a medium pepperoni pizza and I'll come in and pick it up."

"Oh, sorry. The barbershop next door had a huge plumbing problem due to the weather and flooded everything so we can't make food right now."

[​IMG]

8. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Finally, after 5 years, I found a nut free brand that makes novelty ice cream flavors (they had birthday cake!!!), but they had wheat in all of the flavors. So I had to settle for boring old vanilla and Popsicles.

9. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    That's what you get for deciding to be allergic.

10. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I get off at 4:30 and my co-workers get off at 5, so I have to wait half an hour at work before we can go out and get our ice-cream and chocolate dinner. :(

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    While out at dinner in honor of my brother's birthday tonight, a television was showing a vintage Laker playoff game (circa 2001), which made me more dismayed about their current historical troubles.

12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    The gym in my office building is too cold because of the giant wall of windows and freezing temperature outside.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Front left hub bearing is damaged. $476 for a repair. I have master mechanic in the family whom I just helped move so only have to pay a few dozen dollars for parts and he'll fix it for free. Buuuut I have to wait for a time of convenience for this to be done. Meanwhile I cannot go anywhere as one good pothole could spell disaster.

14. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012

My gym has the weight room plus cardio room that's just a wall of windows, then the front desk/cafe area is all windows, then the class/fitness rooms are right above the heated pool.
    Which means that either you are freezing or you are getting way too hot. In summer everything is too hot. It's terrible. :p

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I have two. Firstly, I couldn't find this thread immediately with search because the OP incorrectly used 1st in the title instead of first.

My DVR only records four shows at a time, but tomorrow night I need to record five. It's not five on at the same time, more like three then two. But because the DVR automatically adds three minutes to recordings, I have what amounts to a five car pile-up. So I have to go in and manually edit the end times of two of the first three shows.

16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Went for a run in Epping forest today. It's been pissing down all week, and the paths are full of slippery mud. I went off road, and now my calves are scratched to ****

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm fretting about eating too much at dinner, for that could affect my performance at mini-golf afterwards.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    A couple of ****s have posted after me, likely diluting my genuine struggles.

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Someone's wearing some rather fitting cranky pants today. :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Because my car is kinda broken Imust order pizza delivered and that costs more.

21. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I've spent 5 months reading the free ebook of Varney the Vampire only to discover it's missing the last 300 pages so now I have to pay $1 for the full version.

grumblegrumbleitbetterbegood

Kiki-Gonn and Admiral Volshe like this.
  22. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I've spent the last 40 years reading books made from wood pulp like a chump.

23. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm browsing for a new mousepad with a hard back so when I'm on the couch, I have a smooth flat surface. The one I use is at least 17 years old with a hard rubber back and these seem hard to find for some reason. Why are mice made for the laptop smaller than those made for the desktop? The size of the hand does not change.

24. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    My salary tripled and I don't know how to live like this.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I forgot to get ice cream. If I went back it's a 30 minute round trip to start eating it. There is a closer place but they may not have what I want. There is a gas station across the street but that just means over priced ice cream in a small container.

**** you, Universe! **** you!