main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Ohhh, I see. I was thrown off by "type." I assumed you meant the EMV chip or something. :p

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Nah, I already had the chip, even. No idea what their motivation for the change was.

3. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Our inner city speed limit has been reduced from 50kph to 30kph and it now takes me two minutes longer to get across town. Frankly I'm outraged.

solojones and Master_Rebado like this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I had that happen some years ago as well. Luckily it was before I had card details on a bunch of online sites. I think I was just on Amazon at that point. It is a pain though.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The ingredients for my hamburger helper require milk. I didn't have any, so I had to go get some.

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    To remember not everyone has a good design eye or writing ability. Not to mention a professional work ethic (meeting deadlines, etc.)

7. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Sleep pattern is all over the place but don't want to use (pharma) drugs to sort it out.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Not sure why pharmacy is calling my cell since I never gave the # to them and I am not taking any prescription medication.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Every so often I check to see if there is a release date for Doors Of Stone by Rothfuss. Like I did just minutes ago. Once again I am let down.

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I don't have a DVD of Windows 7 Home Premium around anywhere, and I really need one, and I don't want to resort to dodgy methods for fear of virii.

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Sirius/XM is free this weekend in my car but I don't like the presented channels.

12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I have the house to myself but know that if I start watching something everyone will come home before it finishes.

Juliet316 , GregMcP and MOC Yak Face like this.
  13. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

If you join them then call to quit, you'll be presented with a tempting offer. Reject it. Then they'll give you a better offer. Reject it. Repeat for maybe five to ten minutes and you'll get the full Sirius/XM package for maybe $3-5/month, plus half the year or so free.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    A "new" POS system I'm dealing with puts the POS in POS.

GregMcP and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  15. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    My hair loves growing super slow and horribly uneven. I'll be 25 by the time the front reaches my eyebrows. [face_phbbbbt]

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Wife comes home... "What's this? Friends is on."
    Click.
    And you're watching Chandler and Monica looking for a place to have sex again.

17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    When the guest wifi from the company on the floor below my cube isn't working.
    C'mon Duke Realty, why you gotta be like that?

18. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Getting paid in GBP and having to pay for **** in USD. Exchange rate is ****ing ridiculous.

19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Some idiot coworker pointed out in an all staff meeting that we had access to blocked sites (like Pandora, Facebook, Twitter etc) on the company WiFi, so now they have gone and blocked all those sites....I'm mostly mad about having limited options to listen to music at work now.

Dark_Lady_Rae and Master_Rebado like this.
  20. Darth Nihilon

Darth Nihilon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 5, 2016
    I just cannot wake up before 8:30. It makes the whole of my rest of day just so slow.

I know this was very bad English, but I am just too tired to translate properly! Because I had to wake before 8:30. It is a tragedy.

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, but if you are wiring USD into a GBP bank account it's pretty good..

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm going to go see Ben Hur out of morbid curiosity and nothing more. I have seen no trailers or TV spots whatsoever.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I got stuck in traffic on the way home from work, realized I might not get home before my kids' school bus dropped them off, and had to try three times to voice-text my son.

All I wanted to say was "On my way home, if you get there before I do, call me."

I rarely use Siri, but when I do, she doesn't speak Southern. :(

Dark_Lady_Rae and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  24. Asplundhe

Asplundhe Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2016
    i bought some grey goose vodka today but they didn't have 750ml bottles so i had to buy a litre.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I was gonna start a greatest serial parody thread, but I could not decide upon the list of serials.