main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    After a busy day of studying and cleaning, my son woke up crying in the middle of the night (school night). He wouldn't say what was wrong. I eventually guessed that he had to pee. Took him to the bathroom, but since he was so busy crying, he didn't bother to aim. So everything, including he and I, got peed on.

Had him take a shower and go back to bed. Then I cleaned up all the pee and put the entire bathroom set to wash before showering myself.

When I got out, I noticed that the washer was making a loud squeaking noise. Upon investigation, I saw that water was spilling out of the bottom and flooding the laundry room.

After using all my towels to clean it up, I tried to lift up the dryer to get the puddle beneath it. But the top pried right off the machine.

... I am not ready to parent in the morning. =/

2. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Ahh Life.
    Sometimes it pees on you in the middle of the night.
    A metric tonne of sympathy for you.

Juliet316 and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Due to maintenance, certain utilities might be shut off tomorrow morning in my townhome complex, between 8am-10am... right as I get home from work.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I am so over juice bar kids doing me a favor to pay their salaries.

5. Lord Stott

Lord Stott Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 4, 2016
    I wanted a cup of coffee before my uni classes started for the day. However, I was late getting out the door so I couldn't make my own. Stopped at a Costa and the line was effing massive. No coffee for me today. I spent the whole of my maths class trying not to fall back to sleep.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Forgetting to record a TV episode and then force to watch it on demand without having the ability to fast forward through the commercials. The aggravation!

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Some ***hole was running around campus with a machete directly in the route I have to take to the office, and almost made me late for a meeting.

8. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Classes just got cancelled for the rest of the week due to the hurricane, and I've been studying relentlessly for an exam tomorrow. Now I'll have to continue studying well into next week instead of just getting this over with.

Or maybe this is a good thing...

9. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    My boss (last year): can you build a tool that does x and will be easy to update next year

Me: Sure - here you go

My boss: ok, people have asked for it to also do y and z

Me: I can do that, but it will no longer be easy to update

My boss: Doesn't matter, just do it

Me: Sure - here you go - bear in mind it will be a nightmare next year

My boss (this year): you know that tool you built last year? It needs to be updated. By tomorrow. It was easy to update, right? I said make it easy to update.

Me: ******* ****

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Coach Mike MacIntyre mentioned this during an interview. He says he still on lockdown. Reports are the cops shot and killed the ***hole.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - seeing that in some news reports online.They didn't say if it was terror related or some random ***hole.

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It's the latter.
    We're not still on lockdown - all clear came out pretty fast, all things considered - but the area en route is blocked off (as it should be).

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    TMZ reports:

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Annnnnnnnnnnd now the closed off area has expanded to include the main route I take to get back to my apartment, so I'm stuck at the office or with something very roundabout. Fun.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I work 1 to 10 on Friday, and then 7 to 4 on Saturday. Buh bye sleep!

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Weird. Is this a thing? I've never had that problem with HBO Go. Does it just require better download speed to work well? (my internet is generally 60mbps down, which is much faster than average).

Or maybe it's because I'm on the West Coast, so my night time viewing is after most people in the US have gone to sleep?

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    And then we got reports of an active shooter which were probably false and you know what?

VadersLaMent and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  18. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    From what I've read, it doesn't seem to be an individual Internet speed sort of thing (my down is about 30mbps), but rather a problem with HBO's servers themselves during evening hours. I'm not sure if it's limited to the east coast, though.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't know why I got this Pumpkin Pie latte. All pumpkin flavored drinks are gross.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I was about to say the same thing. Pumpkin flavor everything this month. I think iHop has pumpkin pancakes or something.

21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

I'm guilty of enjoying the occasional pumpkin-flavored item. I've had pumpkin pancakes, but I'm not really a fan of them. My son loves pumpkin bread from Starbucks and I'm currently drinking my coffee with a pumpkin spice creamer. :p

BJ's Brewhouse also makes a delicious pumpkin ale this time of year. I used to think that it was strange having whipped cream on my beer, but they changed my mind.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Pumpkin pie is the only thing I enjoy.

That's pumpkin flavored that is. No, I don't just eat pumpkin pie and nothing else.

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I want to try watching Superstore but Hulu only has the currently-running second season for some reason. And the show is not popular enough to make dubiously legal methods easy.

24. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    When did cool ranch Doritos become plain tortilla chips? Very rarely these days do you find a bag full of chips with a lot of seasoning on them.

25. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Turns out that I got the promotion into another area of the company. Today was my last day at my current position. It was kind of sad. Everyone was crying and taking pictures with me and writing farewell cards to me. One woman said that when I started there my presence changed the chemistry of the place for the better.

It was so sweet of everyone. Now I'm terribly apprehensive about my new position and area. I really enjoyed my current job and the money's great...but surely making more money is better? =/

Violent Violet Menace likes this.