main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I've started pooping twice a day lately, instead of once, which is a slight annoyance. I don't know if that's actually better for my body and digestive system or if it makes no difference. If it is, I should move this to the worthless accomplishments thread.

2. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014

Yesterday I got another "Give me your phone number and I'll call you back right away" promise. This has been going on for nearly 3 weeks now.

It's ok, though. Instead of listening to music I just sing 'Mnah mnah' while driving.

Master_Lok likes this.
  3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Finding a house you're excited about isn't easy. But I agree that you should wait. You'll know it. House shopping is a discouraging trial in patience and perseverance.

You don't want to be paying for a mortgage on a house you don't love. It might be a bit farther away from what you were planning, but have you considered expanding your search to new constructions, new neighborhood?

Sauntaero likes this.
  4. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Just realized that I'm working the next few days on training pay still. I thought that at least by now I'd be given a reasonable pay. My paycheck these past few weeks has been so terrible that I'm going to have to ask my parents for help.

Ugh. Got me right in the feels. If not for such awful management...

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Dammit, I've grown to utterly hate Apple - yesterday's utterly arrogant event and greedy price hikes are all but the nail in the coffin. And now my 6s battery is wonky. If I get another activation lock issue when I do the full restore, I am seriously considering the competition. :mad::rolleyes::mad:

6. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Thanks for the wise words, friend. Sorry to hear about your work issue. That really sucks.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    You don't need USB ports!

Master_Lok likes this.
  8. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    It sucks hard. This whole month has been an exercise in seeing how quickly I burn through savings while not revealing my stress to my kids. In a way, it almost feels like a betrayal by a company that has otherwise treated me pretty well. I enjoy working for my company...but this department, what they're doing to domestic employees--it's not right. I've made the necessary phone calls and attended the necessary meetings to bubble this up the ladder (higher ups apparently had no idea this stuff was happening) to hopefully prevent this experience from being slammed down onto other domestics after I leave. I explained to some of the higher ups that I don't care if their investigation finds wrong doing on the part of my immediate supervisors, as it's too late for any course correction for me since my previous department did the necessary steps to get me back (Yay, I start back there next week...I've never been so eager to go to work :D), but it's my hope that they fix this for future candidates.

As for your house situation, it's been my experience that you can actually get more out of your dollar if you look at new constructions in brand new neighborhoods. I mean, if you're not willing to buy a fixer-upper and invest the time and energy into actually fixing it up. With a new construction, you might pay more initially, but you're paying for features that you love. For features that you want to pay for instead of features you're reluctantly accepting. Plus, chances are good that you'll find a builder willing to offer you a sweet deal on closing costs, etc. Many builders are capable and willing to earn your business with additional features or some sort of financial break here and there.

Sauntaero likes this.
  9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Doooo it

[​IMG]

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They don't have a used copy of Borderlands: Handsome Edition at my two Gamestops.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It's been raining in the San Francisco Bay Area and I hate wet socks from a rainy day.

12. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    WTH is that?!

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's pixel, a phone by google.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I thought it was Google, Pixel by Phone.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I got a paper cut and then bled about three tablespoons of blood into my keyboard before I noticed. Most of it pooled under the spacebar I think.

16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I am trying to avoid paying over $600+ for phones now.

But I am almost considering selling the iMac I bought last year to replace my now dying 6 year old iMac, that's how :mad:I am. F'in Tim Crook and his flying monkeys. The only thing holding me back are my Shaw Brothers movies many are either burned onto a Mac formatted drive and/or from iTunes.

If I sell every last bit of memorabilia / dvds on lists I sent out to people today, maybe I'll consider jumping ship.

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Master_Lok likes this.
  18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Thanks for the tip. Thing is, I still have a hundred Apple gift card which I have to use so...not sure what to do. It all depends on what happens with the 6s once I do the full restore again.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    You can still download music and movies from iTunes with those gift cards, yes?

Google Music allows you to install a tool on your computer that syncs your iTunes library over the cloud for free, so you can stream your library on an Android phone. You can aldo download any of them to your Android phone if you want them offline.

Just FYI.

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    So many Halloween socks... too many Halloween socks.

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I went grocery shopping this morning and the avocados were not ripe. They were as hard as rocks. So I had to go after work across the street to another store to get some.

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I always want to post with mine but then think "But what if, on some incredibly off chance, I really need this post to be associated with my main account?" and stop.

23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Actually, no. You need an iTunes gift card for that, not Apple. :rolleyes: Cheers for the Google info. :)

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Ah, so the Apple gift card is for...?

25. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    No new batteries in the house!