main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I suppose it takes all sorts to make a world :)

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, the pure bred dog snobbery is so weird. If you love your dog's breed, great. But the snobbery is nuts. It's sort of like dog racial prejudice.

For instance, my parents have a miniature Australian labradoodle. The Australian part just means they're not just a direct poodle/lab mix, but have some other things like cocker spaniel mixed in to make sure their coats are more likely to be the non-shedding kind.

As far as we are concerned, other doodles are perfectly fine. Purebred dogs are also perfectly fine. We got an Aussie labradoodle because my mom (and it turns out, I too) have dog allergies. So we needed to make sure to have a less allergenic dog.

But there are so, so many people that turn their noses up at the whole notion of a labradoodle. It's not a breed, they say. It's a mutt. Sure, but who cares? All breeds were mutts at one point anyway. And long term purebred dogs tend to have lots of problems, which is bad for the dogs (poor bulldogs are basically born into the world destined to suffer, and should be crossbred with other dogs to make them healthier).

Even the guy who came up with the name labradoodle says he now regrets it, because people pay a lot of money for a mutt.... Never mind that the idea of purebred is kind of silly. It's simple supply and demand. If a good breeder has a few puppies and lots of people want them, they can sell them for more money. There are lots of people like me who like their personalities and also have allergies and need a dog that will help that.

Yeah so it's a dumb argument. We all love our dogs. Being jerks about someone's dogs because of the forced notion of "purebred" is dumb.

I feel you... Even though most shows end Tue, my show is filming on that Wed. Which means I can't fly until Thanksgiving, which means missing all the football games, not getting in until around 9pm because of the time zone difference, and not actually having a Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving. We're having it on Sat, then I have to fly right back on Sunday.

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Why do t-shirts always end up inside out in the laundry?

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I had to read several huge paragraphs in the 1st world problems thread.

5. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

I lol'ed :p

6. slightly_unhinged

Jan 28, 2014
    Emails every few minutes from my website's software firewall for the last 3 days - brute force attempts from Russian IPs - really starting to **** me off.

7. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    My boss, who lives in another state, is in town today. Great, guess I'll have to be stuck at my desk most of the day AND not leave early. How is this legal?

Sauntaero and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Just found out I have a meeting at work the day after Thanksgiving that I'm required to attend which means no 4 day weekend for me.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Having spoilers in the headlines/titles/thumbnails in my social media feed.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Living in Los Angeles, whenever I go to a concert where the tour started on the East Coast, the merch table is always out of godamn large shirts!

Master_Rebado likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I am now hopelessly addicted to Rick and Morty.

12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    is it still funny that it happened two nights in a row? :rolleyes:

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  13. slightly_unhinged

Jan 28, 2014
    I get a box of organic, pastured meat delivered every week and lately - every week - there's been chicken in it. Chicken makes you weak.

Also, venison season seems to have come to an end. This makes me sad.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    We're all going to hell in a deplorable handbasket.

15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Ironically, Google search is failing to find my complaint on here about only learning off Google's connection to Samsung smartphones, four days after buying one.

Don't worry about it, they said.

You can backup your files on Google's account, they said.

Well Google has decided they are within their rights to seal users off from their own ****, "and other digital services" if they purchase a Pixel phone and resell it for commercial purposes.

I haven't done any of that, but still, Google can go **** themselves; I've never given in and given them control over my stuff. Sweet vindication.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How in the actual ****ing **** are there no ****ing public bathrooms in the cities?

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Oracle is such a terrible company.

18. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    We moved them all to WI.

19. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Heading home with an ice cream cone for a loved one, and it melts all on your hand as you drive.

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I bought the wrong Aliens comic issue this past week.

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The chance of rain later this evening can have unwanted effects on my pre-work smoking plans.

22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Listening to the scant few bands I know will make me headbang which my neck hates now, but I do it any way.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    It's too **#$*#$& Cold!

24. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Another thing I loved about Windows Phone was that you could simultaneously save everything to your Google and Microsoft accounts. It's a shame Microsoft couldn't market those devices effectively, because they were pretty solid.

I have a Samsung now. This one allows for backups to Google and Samsung cloud services, though as far as I can tell, Samsung doesn't give one the same type of digital identity that Google and Microsoft (and maybe Apple?) do.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm trying to eat this entire sleeve of saltines, but half of them are cracked, forcing me to pick through dozens of little bits that have fallen off their respective crackers.

I'd get another sleeve but this was the last full one in my kitchen.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.