main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I sometimes sign online petitions. Only a select few that I think warrant it. Because of this, change.org and the other one - whatever it's called - keep spamming me with every bs 'cause' some sandal-wearing ***hat comes up with.

https://www.change.org/p/the-vegan-...WmPrjO7S0Yj7mybWi4+oUyzpdA9ztBp780HCbJUztvno3

Roadkill beer bottle holders? UP with this sort of thing! I want one. The only thing that stops me going out right now and scooping up some roadkill for this very purpose is that we've just had two days of storms and half the roads are flooded. Once we get some dry weather, I'll be doing a bit of **** taxidermy and looking for a bottle big enough to snugly fit inside a badger skin.

[​IMG]

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Wishes I did not scroll down. :_|

Juliet316 and Master_Rebado like this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Same.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I dunno - there are a few grey squirrels I'd like to see in that position. They are the ones that rob my bird feeders..

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    C'mon guys, they're just tree rats.

Apple has iCloud, but because they're Apple, it's not free. And evidently pretty susceptible to hacking if the Jennifer Lawrence et. al incident is anything to go by.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  6. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Microsoft initially gave quite a bit of free space on their onedrive (which you can sync with Android devices) and you can access that data across all Windows devices (from PCs to Xbox). Their ecosystem really is nice and I enjoyed using it. I only switched to Android when the crippling app store on Windows finally became inconvenient for me (the loss of banking apps, no Target Cartwheel, etc). Really is such a shame.

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When you accidently press a number on the remote while your watching tv which causes it to start changing to that channel, but then there's that little pause it gives if you don't keep typing in numbers, but you can't cancel the fact that you pressed the first number, so the channel is inevitably going to change from what you're watching, so you try typing in random numbers thinking that it will become some non-existent channel causing it not to change, but then it does actually turn to some non-accessible movie or music channel, and then you miss something important that was said or done, as well as the ability to rewind it since it resets any time you change the channel.

solojones and Alpha-Red like this.
  8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Eating poultry beyond eggs for the first time since 1990 for four days straight. Hit me stupid hard today. Mother clucker! While I am thankful for many things, this is not one of them.

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    my neighbor just put up christmas lights that need to come with an epilepsy warning.

10. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Sometimes my dad's swimming pool is too hot.

11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    What? What kind of swimming pool is this that it can actually be heated to where it can be called "hot"?

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    When the best part of your meal was the cucumber and sprouts salad.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The lift chain on my toilet broke. until fixed I grabbed a hook thingy to lift the valve so the toilet will flush. I dropped it behind the toilet and when I leaned forward to see where it went I smacked my head onto a towel wall bracket and cut my head open.

14. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I think you may have won the past few pages of this thread.

15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Unfortunately...yeah, hope your head is okay VLM.

And just now I discover my iPhone 6s is eligible for battery replacement due to random shutdowns (yes that's happened), I'll know Monday morning if they'll swap my battery out. WTH with this phone over the last 3 months. I notice (cr)Apple is being forced into a lot of repair programs this last month: (as a result of poor quality control and many class action lawsuits). Hey, Cook you idiot, drop the fashion plate and SJW BS, get off your porcelain throne and up the $*A(# quality control.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I had to read someone in this one thread somehow seriously blame "SJWs" for his overpriced phone not working.

Master_Lok likes this.
  17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    My family gave me an Apple Watch but my company had recently given me $100 to buy a Fitbit for a workplace competition so now I have two things on my wrists.

Sauntaero and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  18. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    My apartment has been getting this funky rotten egg smell intermittently. At first the maintenance people and I thought it was the drains. So they did a deep cleaning of all the drains...and found that the drains were clean.

One of the maintenance guys suggested that it might be the air ducts, but they aren't sure how to address it.

It really sucks sometimes, especially if I have company over. How many Yankee candles can one person burn at a time?

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Isn't rotten eggs a sign of a gas leak?

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Could be. If you have gas in your apartment you might want to get that checked. I had it in a former apartment and the stove was near a window. If the window was open the breeze would blow the pilot light out and I'd get that smell in the flat.

21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I do have gas, but there's no leak. Gas company and fire crew investigated. According to Google, the smell could come from something having died in an ac duct. Or a problem with a p-trap in the piping/ducts.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I work 2 to 11 these next two days.

23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

[face_laugh] If you understood anything about today's Apple, you wouldn't complain. Cook and his PTB eschew quality control and making sure their products work to rush them out, but instead of hearing the truth about this, we hear more about his political agendas (including a hilarious letter to employees trying to keep the company together when Trump won the election) and fashion hubris, poor acquisitions and hype instead of making products you can charge the Apple Tax for because they work seamlessly. Apple is seeing all this hubris start to bite them in the butt after a ton of legitimate customer complaints, class action law suits and bad press. I wouldn't care if they made products that worked, I'd simply put his BS on ignore but when you spend more time on your agendas than your products that's a problem.

Oh and Apple's competitors also overcharge for their phones and other products. And, sadly, they too rush production.

My polite compliant is reading your response when you have no knowledge of today's Apple. Besides my mother taught her baby girl never to discuss religion or politics and that is what I do. :p XOX sir.

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    My new silk scarf isn't smooth enough for my liking :(

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm watching Anthony Bourdain Parts unknown and he's in Japan. In schools they have kendo in gym class. I would loved to have had kendo in school! Hell, we had a whole marking period for friggin square dancing.