main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Turns out that yes, you can access your Google Movies on the Xbox YouTube app, but only by going through your History (so you have to start the movie in YouTube on another device first) since the Xbox YouTube app doesn't feature a Purchases library. Kind of inefficient, but definitely feasible if I plan to commit to the switch.

My problem, like yours, is that Microsoft sometimes has better deals on digital content than the Google marketplace.

Master_Lok likes this.
  2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    My pizzazz oven is broken so now I have to cook my frozen pizza in the regular oven. It won't taste as good now.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Woke up several hours too early...the nerve.

4. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So family bought me an iPad Mini 4 - somewhere up in Tech Heaven Steve Jobs is laughing. Actually, I am kind of relieved because me and Android do not get along at all. :oops: <Insert snark here>

While my Moto Z Play runs wonderfully and has superb battery life, I've run into multiple issues with Android. Apps and cables do not play nice or work and I am not digital double dipping at a higher price for Native language Shaw Brothers films (or any others). Not too happy with being completely in Google and Verizon's playgrounds either (comparable to Apple's rude switch off on the returned 6s+). :rolleyes:

I am taking this as a huge good omen insofar as going over to PC full time (the bank screwed up the Dell order) so I am debating picking up a Lenovo laptop and testing the waters. <Insert more snark>

5. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Back when I was going for my Master's, textbooks from online retailers were about half the price of campus bookstores. Now campus bookstores are about half the price of the same online retailers and still expensive. I can buy an Xbox One-S and a new 4K TV for the price of two books... =/

6. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Amazon's preview tool for publishing manuscripts is apparently worthless.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  7. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Darn it, I keep missing Sherlock.

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Due to a water main issue, the 1st bus I take on the way to work had to take a detour to Ventura Blvd., dropping off at a different stop... thus my normal/planned routine as I waited for the 2nd bus sufferred setbacks.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Let's see, I had the day off and was happy that I would not have to deal with 3 to 6 inches of snow. Then I got called in to cover for someone else. Then I had to deal with rush our in snow both going and coming back. It also turned into a 10.5 hours day.

10. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I miss winter break. This semester seems intimidating and all I want to do is play Xbox. But I have to read and memorize a bunch of medical mumbo jumbo.

11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Why does eating healthy have to be more expensive than eating junk?

12. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    My Sherlock livestream bugged out.

13. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

What are you intending to eat, specifically? I usually eat Cheerios with fruit and almond milk (okay, almond milk can get pricey, but my body seems to prefer it), or I'll make salads with Fresh Express spinach (about $3.00 for a large bag, plus redcard discount--lasts me for about three salads per bag), almonds (usually on Target Cartwheel for a huge jar that lasts months--maybe $10), and either a block of cheese that I chop up or some crumbled bleu. Along with some other toppings, like Avocado, and a light vinaigrette. Plus I'll have a pack of chicken breasts marinating in the fridge that I just have to throw on the grill.

I get that such a diet can become boring, but I really like it. You can do a lot of different salads, and once in a while mix-up the proteins when something else comes on sale (like last week I did pork chops). I also don't use much dressing, so a bottle lasts me quite a while.

Master_Lok likes this.
  14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Ezio Skywalker I eat largely raw veg, less sweet fruit with occasional fish, eggs and grain. It is a complicated diet as my system is very delicate. I need a lot of green veg and salads and juices every single day. I gave up most cereal over a decade go, my body doesn't process sugar well especially processed carbs (so I am surprised that the Pret a Manger Acai bowls aren't effecting me as negatively as I thought with the banana and granola). If I have a "milk" it is primarily nut based though I do have butter and will have cheese if the pizza is worthy of it. I've figured out how to budget eating healthy at work now, but will have to vary it up every so often.

Thanks for responding.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    and now I am OCD'ing about which PCs to get. Circling HP desktop and laptop now as both of those would be cheaper than a Microsoft Surface Studio and Surface Pro 4. (Plus the HP desktop is expandable RAM-wise unlike the otherwise awesome looking Surface studio). Should I be worried that the two models in question are code named Omen and Spectre* repsectively? :cool::D

*Although as a Moon Knight fan Spectre sounds pretty darn great to me.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  16. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When there's only one ATM outside a bank and you want to make a withdrawal that would take no more than 30 seconds to do, and you're standing behind just one other person, but that person has decided to literally do all of their banking at that time to include multiple transactions and all kinds of whatnot and what-have-you, and not only that but while doing it they seem to possess this air about them as if they think they are perfectly justified in taking advantage of doing it all at an ATM because the bank said they could and that anyone waiting behind them is simply waiting like they should until they're done conducting their business at the ATM as if it was no different from actually having gone inside the bank to do what they need to do, and then they finally finish and walk away without even so much as a hey sorry about that to the person standing and waiting behind them.

17. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016
    M25 on Monday morning.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    *Sigh* You know when they say read the fine print....

So much for a proper refund from Target...as I did not read the microscopic print about PayPal refunds and mail returns, :oops: so I am out money I would have used for a laptop and will instead get an electronic gift card from Target. Won't be using Amazon for awhile. :rolleyes: Lesson learned.

And Dell just confirmed how utterly useless they are: for all the promises of refunds over the past two weeks, nada. I had to email Michael Dell today to supposively attempt to process the refunds. But wait, Dell are having a system glitch and cannot refund the cost of unused software. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The problem is choice. There's too much of it.

yeurgh and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Accidentally forgot to take care of a file because of holiday stress that would have gotten someone 50 quid in tax returns. Turns out the applicant business permit ran out with first of January, now we actually don’t have to pay him the return, but can even fine him for not renewing his permit. Laziness saves work I guess.

21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When you're waiting in line to get food somewhere and are behind only one other person. But that person is ordering for like 15 other people and is reading off a list to get the orders right and even having a bit of Q&A about each order with the person taking the order.

22. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I'm waiting in line to get some foodstuffs and the guy in front of me is complaining about the person in front of them taking to long to order. And I then have to complain about someone else complaining.

23. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016
    starfish I'm tired and I've had a heavy meal with wine but I clicked on this thread fully expecting your first world problem to be 'I'm made of chocolate'

My real regret is that malkieD2 isn't here to ban me for that, or to be all enraged about fat people even though he's one of them.

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The Ghost In The Shell animated film is going to be in limited release next month but it's going to be at a showtime I cannot attend.

I want this universe rebooted. Damn.

25. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I'm ok with not being made of chocolate but it is problematic that I can't turn water to wine.

yeurgh likes this.