main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I bought what looked like a cool fantasy book. Turns out it's the 2nd in a trilogy. The reviews for the 1st book are not as good.

[​IMG]

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  2. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    had to google "how to remove cat snot from upholstery"

3. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I can't decide if I should go downstairs and take an official break or just keep reading the internet from my desk.

VadersLaMent and tom like this.
  4. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016
    Press team: can you give me the change in (x), in percentage terms, from Jan 16-Jan-17

Me: sure, here you go

Press team: no this is wrong, it can't have increased. Last year we reported a big drop in (x).

Me: yeah, that's because (x) reduced quite a lot between April 2014 and April 2015 (the period you previously reported on)

Press team: so how is it possible that it's gone up?

Me: Uh... see this trend line, this is (x) over time. (x) went down quite a lot, then pretty much levelled out, then kinda went up a bit.

[​IMG]

Press team: but we reported that it was going down

Me: it was going down

Press team: so how can it be going up?

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  5. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Hung out all night and morning and afternoon with a woman last week but haven't heard from her since, though we agreed to hang out again this week.

Kind of annoying. Okay, really annoying.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    It's cold here.

7. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Turns out that said woman was just scared that we'd somehow moved too fast too quickly. Apparently she wants to hang out again, but that requires a certain level of texting/phone etiquette I don't think she's aware of.

Either that or this is a strange form of "ghosting," which I only just found out was a typical thing in the modern dating world. WTH.

I don't think I've ever been ghosted before. Even if it's unintentional, it's pretty irritating, especially since I'm always so busy that I need to plan myself weeks in advance.

8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Missed a train due to having to walk on a half mile sheet of ice this morning.

And another Death Metal band I really dig threw in the towel on Monday (Hail of Bullets).

9. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I went exempt on federal taxes too many times last year and now I owe the government 1500 bucks. I now understand that phrase about not avoiding death or taxes.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Huh, I just was coming here to do the same thing, MotivateR5D4. My taxes skyrocketed this year as well, about 600 bucks.

I'm sure the federal government will handle it responsibly. Vomit.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    If only we had Andy Dufresne, if only for a short while...

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Android is just as bad as iOS: Factory restores about every 6 weeks on this Moto. And Nougat & Nova Launcher won't let you get rid of that fugly Google Search bar at the top.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Stupid phone scammers. Can't even mix their lines up when they try to scam the same number twice.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  14. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

What??? Android works on a grid system. Hold that search bar then drag it elsewhere or into the X, trash can icon, or Remove label.

As for the factory reset, some Android phones recently​ received the Nougat update, which might have affected some of your custom visuals/layout.

If your phone is really resetting every few months, you probably have a faulty device unrelated to the OS.

solojones likes this.
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Someone scheduled me for a 1 PM meeting, and I can't eat right before meetings. Thus, my roast beef sandwich will be consumed at an inexcusably late hour of 2 pm today. Possibly even 2:30.

VadersLaMent and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  16. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    My boss is out of town and I have no meetings so I have lost the ability to do even the modicum of work that I should.

Sith-I-5 and heels1785 like this.
  17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes, XRemove is my friend, but not working for the Search Bar in this version of Nougat. I reinstalled Nova Launcher which I hope won't go batty again. I have had to factory restore the phone 4x times now since I got it 3 and a half months ago. The phone lags a lot.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I thought, "Hey, I've got enough for dinner tonight. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to go grocery shopping. Oh wait I need toilet paper. Well I'll just get that and still wait. Oh, I need water. Well **** it, I'll just go get groceries today."

[​IMG]

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Isn't the way it always snowballs?

20. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It's like being low on one toiletry item, be it soap, shampoo, toothpaste, shaving cream, or hair gel, but then realizing you're inevitably going to be back to the store to buy another item fairly soon, so you end up buying more than what you need in all categories in order to make it all kind of evenly match to where you use everything at an equal pace.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And then you buy more than you need.

22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yep, by way of underestimating your current supply.

Or, overestimating your current supply, and then coming up short of something you should have already bought.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Pretty much.

24. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

What phone is this again?

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Moto Z Play, 3GB Ram.

Anyway, I am waiting to hear the announcements from both sides (Android and, yes, Apple :rolleyes:) The OS quirks aside, I really dislike having to be online to use Google's offline services (movies I've downloaded to the device I have to go back onto WiFi or Cellular to actually see them). Extended battery life doesn't mean much since this Moto requires daily maintenance.

and my first person complaint today: People who don't shovel the sidewalk on their property. Am not a fan of walking on ice.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.