main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A bottle of booze... nice booze, obviously.

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

This puzzle is a monster

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Winces in horror at said puzzle.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  4. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Playing my usual real estate wanderlust and chuckling at the floor plan of a multi-million dollar 3 bedroom duplex in Tribeca; who puts the toilet and bathtubs right in front of a window? And what is up with these deep stand alone tubs? (select Master bathroom after that link) Not everyone is built like a denizen from Camino. Sheesh. I shudder to think of my feet being in casts because I broke every toe getting in and out of the tub, to say nothing of my nose.

5. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Ooooh! Can I come over and help?? :D

Rylo Ken likes this.
  6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So this 3M microfiber cloth I bought leaves lint on my iPad instead of removing it. Yeah, that works correctly.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So I'm waiting on an Amazon UK delivery - which in my area is usually delivered by a person in a white van - and the neighbors are having work done on their heating. The street in front of my place looks like a used van lot. Every time I hear a van door slam I think it might be for me and it isn't.

Master_Lok likes this.
  8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Can't decide if I want bagels or a decent loaf of broad instead.

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Was about to make a crack about the Auto-Correct in Penguinator's post, but my retort has more holes than a bagel. :p

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Cute animal videos.

Since we moved out of the city 2 years ago, my daughter has befriended every animal in the local ecosystem. She has squirrels who eat out of her hands, knows the name of every dog in the neighborhood and I am quite certain she mouth-feeds all of the nearby baby birds and can summon hawks to land on her arm. Anyhow... we live across from a lovely little old cemetery. For a few nights in a row, she has been going across to the cemetery. I had assumed she was pursuing perfectly normal 8 year old goals such as graverobbing or a seance. Alas, no. Thanks to videos of adorable raccoons in birthday hats eating cake and raccoons relaxing on a raft in a pool and raccoons opening Christmas gifts alongside some human family, my daughter (who has more than earned her nickname of Dilemma) has been attempting to befriend a local trash panda.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If she's that much into animals you should aim her toward something like veterinary school..

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Life sucks and then we die and we should all follow @appleseed's advice and just all shoot ourselves in the head because there is no hope.

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_rofl] Local Trash Panda...

Seriously, though, she should have met the raccoons that were the size of small dogs that were all wolverine-like and territorial in the tree next door. They were frakking nasty and scary. Growling and tearing at each other. And huge. My mom was trapped in her car during one brawl session as the tree was right above her.

Hopefully, Ms. Chorus will meet Casper the friendly ghost in the cemetery and that will nix her fasciation with the trash panda.

Juliet316 - Oh I would only do that if the person next to me was a zombie. Then I'd take George Romero's immortal line of "Shoot it man. Shoot it in the head!" to heart, or to rifle or something.

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I woke up with bug bites in three different areas of my body. I'm not so much bothered by the bites themselves as much I just feel so violated. There I was, asleep and totally vulnerable, and this bug decided to just have its way with me and did.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I wish the veggie pizza I had earlier was one of many in my freezer, instead of one of two. Wait, wasn't One of Two in Star Trek? Darn you, pizza cravings!

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I appreciate the alternative opportunity you offered her. Alas, too late. Contact was made with the trash panda. Its adorable little hands reached up and took a slice of vegan pizza from her. Due to this, I am now incapable of making any case about the potential danger. The trash panda won. It can now maul my daughter at will. It is her father, now.

17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    awwww... darn. May she be safe.

Anakin.Skywalker and Juliet316 like this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got a repeat of yesterday's problem. Amazon UK split my order so part 2 is due today and the same van crew are parked in front. I think they are packing up now - there's been quite a bit of door slamming in the last few minutes.

19. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    They're doing that just to get your hopes up and then crush them. :p

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The vans finally cleared off about a half hour ago and delivery man just brought the rest of my Amazon order - I'm happy..

Sauntaero likes this.
  21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I got a lease renewal notice which including an increase in rent. Pissed, I looked up prices in the places around me with the idea I would take lower prices in and tell them not to raise my rent. Uh...all the other places have even higher rent than i will be paying. [face_phbbbbt]

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Whatever is going on with Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian, which I could give a rat's behind about, except for the fact that it broke Twitter.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It is 8:30 PM, and the heat index here is 99 degrees.

What.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Damn, where do you live where the heat index is that high at this hour?

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Fans self, am very glad I am nowhere near a heat index of 99 right now.

Juliet316 likes this.