main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Drive thru ATMs should be limited to withdrawals ONLY.

Why somebody would pull up to one and conduct multiple transactions that takes more than 15 minutes is beyond me.

Same thing goes for people who pull up to the drive-thru at a fast food restaurant and then order for like 15 people. That too should be limited on how much somebody can order.

I mean, really? People know they're about to do this big long thing and they can't go inside to do it?

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks to a certain podcaster I have the song from Perfect Strangers running over and over in my head.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I go to change.org and I see a petition for of all things, to get one of the characters naked for a season 2 of 13 Reasons Why.

Yes, because the most important thing the producers of a show about suicide need to do is to get a young male naked.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I had no wifi for a week and now I know I can never actually escape from civilization because I'd be constantly worrying about my podcast backlog.

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Why are there no People Cancelling Headphones?!? [face_dancing] Seriously, downstairs neighbors - i.e. being ridiculously frakkin' noisy again. Did not stop until 2:30 a.m. and then they started up again at 4:00 a.m. Not to mention the dog alarm next door. :rolleyes:
    (Buries self in Ti Lung kicking butt in a desperate attempt to wake up and be ready for work in 33 minutes. If I go to sleep now, job will not like that).

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    We're changing locations at work... current bldg = free covered parking... new bldg = covers parking for a mere $50/month.
    But! They let you use tax free dollars for that (like a health care savings acct).

Wow, so generous... thanks for taking the slightest of edges off that $600 pay cut you just gave me!

7. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    My new laptop has been built but won't be with me till Monday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I went to the pool to get my swim workout in today and initially all three lanes were empty.

About 600 yards into the workout, some guy swimming with paddles needed to share my lane so I had to scrunch over near the rope.

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Server issues here (my post of Asphyx songs will probably wind wound up as a double post later on); it's bad enough my listening to the band nearly caused a brown out (nothing like old school death metal). :D

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I just had to eat my last pizza. [face_sigh]:rolleyes: [face_sigh]

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    A horror!

PCCViking and Master_Lok like this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    On FB, I organized a viewing for Dunkirk on the 21st. Which probably means that no one will want to chip in the extra money to see it in IMAX.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Earlier this week the power was out for several hours. Today my web and cable was out for several hours.

14. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I think I have a cold starting.

Mild snuffles, sneezing and watery eyes.

It's clearly early onset manflu and as such I don't have long left on this world.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Coffee Bean or Taco Bell for my on-the-way-to-work snack?!

:p

16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Coffee Bean ^

So much for express train...slower than A Turtle.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    400 pages of state audit data to complete/received this afternoon/due by the end of the month.

[​IMG]

VadersLaMent likes this.
  18. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    We have an angry monkey problem here in The FL. For real, where else could this happen?

heels1785 likes this.
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I am officially over non-actor/crew commentaries on foreign dvds. :rolleyes: I'd rather hear the folks who actually made the movie talk about it - if possible. It's kind of annoying that hiring the experts for commentaries is now e a "thing" on foreign genre film dvd/blu ray releases. I'd happily sit through a subtitled interview with cast and crew instead - that is a real "extra".

20. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When two lanes are merging into one. Now typically, it goes one and one, one car from each lane merging, but occasionally, two cars from the same lane happen to not have that other car from the other lane to separate them, which is fine, it happens, it's traffic, whatever. But, a lot of times there has to be that one person who has to speed up just to make sure he lands right in between those two vehicles who would otherwise not have a car between them and nudge himself right in. You literally see him in your rearview speeding up just so he can nudge himself in between you and the car in front of you.

Like, come on guy, do you think you're going to get a ticket or something for not separating these two cars? Do you feel so entitled and are in such a hurry that you just have to occupy that one spot in between those cars that would set you back literally one more car than if you didn't?

This isn't just a one time occurrence. I see it all the time. And it's like, why? You can't just merge in behind that car and be all well and good? You have to speed up and nudge yourself in between those two cars?

I hope nobody here is that guy.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    A brown recluse bit me on the arm four months ago... But the bite still hasn't fully healed, and my arm still hurts sometimes.

Actually, this one might also happen outside the first world.

22. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001

Owwww!! No lasting side effects?

23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Because it's all about them. Screw safety and courtesy. I've seen some crazy driving over the past three years and it keeps getting worse.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, the aforementioned sore on my arm and the tenderness around it is still there. It definitely killed a little chunk of tissue about the size of a dime.

What I've learned from this is that actually Brown Recluse bites, while annoying and taking forever to fully heal, are not ultra severe for most adults. Apparently the whole necrosis thing destroying a whole chunk of skin, requiring grafts and such, only happens if you're allergic to the venom. Which some people are.

This is how I found out I wasn't allergic, because I didn't even see a doctor until about three weeks after I got the bite. I just thought it was a weird adult pimple or something. But nope. There are tons of brown recluses in my parents' house and I'd been visiting them, and the doctor nearby instantly recognized it as a brown recluse bite. Fun.

I did take antibiotics for a week, because apparently the other way people get major problems from them is that some get infected. Luckily that never happened.

It's still annoying that my arm feels sore a lot though. And I think I'm going to have a noticeable scar... If this thing ever actually heals.

25. boudica

boudica Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2017
    I'm not allowed in the bedroom ever since I pooped all over the bed.

Master_Rebado likes this.