main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    When your food explodes in the microwave.

2. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    They're like that in case you buy one of those vinyl cushioned toilet seat pads and need to adjust for height.

I think.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - it's so different model toilets can be accomodated.

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    all I know is - when I'm sitting on the bog I demand stability ! This matter will have to be resolved .

seattlemusicnerd and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  5. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    When the only place you can find dress pants for work your size shuts down.

*sigh* It's been a long day.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Ugh, jury duty on Monday. Last time I went to that courthouse I helped convict some homeless guy of breaking into a vacant home. I will never do something like that again (that is, follow an unjust law), and I will make sure to make that clear to the attorneys.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    At least you'll probably likely get out early then.

8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When you are about to send a text message, and you read it over and over again to make sure there are no errors in it. You are finally certain there are none, and you send it. But then, upon re-reading the now sent text message, you spot an error in it.

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!?

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I'm only 12% of the way through doing the citations for my goofy little self-published book. After 2 yrs of work it is the last large hurdle and of course the most painful one.

Anakin.Skywalker and Master_Lok like this.
  10. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    oh bollux . They're introducing new polymer £10 notes now ! they introduced polymer £5 notes last year and they're horrible , they won't fold , everyone hates them and so they're doing the same with the tenners . idiots .

11. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Can't get the small bottles of sicilian lemonade from Sainsbury any more.

They still sell the bigger bottle which is considerably better value, but..... och!

12. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    My super burrito with everything except jalapenos (because I am weak) was a little bit soggy by the time I got it home. :(

13. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    y'know - I've never had a burrito .

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Most jobs want Word and Excel knowledge and here I am 5 weeks into looking for a new job and haven't been practicing Word or Excel. :rolleyes: Just changed that, but it will take me until Saturday night to really get into it. Sigh.

15. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm still having trouble with the toilet seat :mad:

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  16. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

Surely there must be quick tutorials on YouTube? Back when I was in high school (both in Canada and the US), I had to take a class partially dedicated to MS Office. Nowadays I just use Open Office, however, as it's essentially the exact same but completely free to use.

17. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
  18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

I found free tutorials online, but I do not have Word or Excel and won't until this coming weekend. The jobs demand intermediate to advanced proficiency. Not going to lie about that. Just annoyed this is something I should have thought of the first weekend I was unemployed.

Thanks!

19. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

Download Open Office here. It's completely free and almost identical to MS Office. Most, if not all, of the keyboard shortcuts are the same. The only differences that I can imagine arising might be between Excel and Open Office's spreadsheet program's formulas, but you can use Google to confirm. Regardless, it's a great way to start familiarizing yourself immediately.

EDIT:

While I'm trying to do my homework, my daughter, in first grade, still refuses to read her own homework. Her homework this year is much easier than her kindergarten homework was, so I'm expecting her to be able to at least read the questions out loud to herself.

But she doesn't even seem to try. She knows all letters and the sounds they make, but it's absolutely frustrating trying to get her to apply that knowledge to actual words. For example, right now she's reading the word TRIANGLE as "Elsa." How? She's just guessing at random without trying.

I finally got her to say "TRI-AN" but now she stopped again and is sobbing. She's so close. I don't know why she quits like this, or why she just guesses.

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Thanks again.

EDIT: hope your daughter gets up to speed quickly.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Ugh. I love my older sister, but damn...she has no taste in juice companies....Urban Remedy is not good. Some of the worst raw food and cold pressed juice I've ever had (and I've tried the vast majority of juice co's in CA and NY.) Sorry, wallet.

22. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When you're at work, and you're looking for something, and for the life of you cannot find it, whether it's something important, time sensitive, or not important at all. You've looked everywhere and just cannot find it. So you ask another co-worker, or worse, your boss/supervisor, where it is and/or to help you find it. And upon them helping you, they find it easily and in an obvious place.

[face_plain]

23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    If I had $5 for every time that happened...it's embarrassing.

Juliet316 and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  24. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I wish I could find fancy purple rugs to replace the ones that wore out after three years.

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    So I am Frenchie bulldog sitting again, and I don't know what is up with the boy, but he's been nasty all morning. :( Snapped at me 3x, so much so I had to raise my voice and be "stern". I am ignoring him now as I was taught to do. I know he misses my sister and brother-in-law. They spoil him rotten, but I am doing what I was told to do. So hopefully ignoring him (just not looking at him or talking to him) for awhile will bring him back around. I understand he wants his "parents", but I think after a day of them being away it is getting to him, even though he was just fine yesterday after they left. Hopefully, he'll be okay in a little while.

The girl Frenchie (Kato) is just adorable.No issues.

They're both cute and I thought I was doing very good with them. [face_dunno]