main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Well it turns out that sis was correct in boy doggie being a jerk as she said he cops an attitude with them too.

Meanwhile, in tech land, > the lovely Matebook X was D.O.A. so back it went. That's nothing (I am so used to hardware giving me problems, I've become numb to it), but software... :mad: while I knew there were differences between MS Office for Windows and Mac, I am learning just how many pivotal differences there are.

Yeah, I'll still need a PC...thanks Microsoft.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Why not use Google Docs/etc. or Open Office?

3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A lot of my favorite fall shows are premiering this week, which is nice, but cuts into time watching the MLB Network.

4. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Unfortunately, most jobs I am applying for demand proficiency in MS Office.

can't risk running Windows on this Mac (even though I know it's possible, this machine has been through heck the past year.)

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Driving behind somebody who takes an obscene amount of time to make a turn. Seriously, it's not that hard. Just turn your car, and keep going. But some people, for whatever reason, choose to make it practically an event while they are driving, and take literally every possible moment they can to make a simple turn.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I hate when seasonal allergies flare up when the seasons start to change.

7. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    This $14 non-dairy 'ice-cream' made from coconut milk isn't very nice. :(

8. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I've got this pain in my leg that came out of nowhere so herei am awake at 2:43 AM in bed.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I had to crank out paper towels rather than put my hands under a dryer in a public restroom. What is this, the Stone Ages?

10. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    We waited in a long line at Dairy Queen and then after 15 minutes they still forgot the banana split.
    And when we finally got it, there was no whipped cream, so we had to wait in line for that too.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Drying with paper towels is more sanitary.

12. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    how am I supposed to mow the lawn when it rains every day ??

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm home for the weekend, and I forgot to pack sweatshirts. It's chilly.

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Forget the crazy vagrants, or insanely crowded buses during certain sections of the morning when school's in session, the most annoying thing about L.A. public buses is the constant sound of the automated message "For your safety, please watch your step when exiting the bus" being played whenever a stop is requested.

15. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I got really drunk last night. So drunk, that I lost my phone. Which turned out to have been on my desk. Next to my elbow.

16. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Could you have actually lost it and the Drunken Sprites (tm) returned it for you while you slept?

17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Trying to stave off food coma #2 right now.

18. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I'm getting that binge watching physical fatigue effect right now but I want to finish the episode I'm on.

19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Well, I am officially in Windows land at home. First observation: Cortana - shut up. If this sounded like Arnim Zola at least it would have been fun (quick someone tell Microsith to hire Tobey Jones for the voice.)

Setting up was crazy because I accidentally selected the Scottish Gaelic keyboard :rolleyes: and I went loop de loop for a bit trying to figure out why I couldn't connect to my network; but at least I remember this network password now. Trying to find all the settings for stuff, what fun.

And death metal sounds like crap on this machine too...I think the speakers are on the bottom and downfire...:rolleyes:

I am not a trackpad person (though this one is very responsive), so eagerly awaiting my mouse from Amazon and the laptop stand. It's a nice laptop considering.

20. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    I finally decided to rewatch "Patton" last night. I fell asleep, and went to resume it only to find it left Netflix streaming at the end of September.

Scapro Tyler likes this.
  21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When you're the only person in line at the bank. The person in front of you, working with the only teller on duty at the time, decides that they need to do 17 different transactions. All you have to do is 1. You figure, okay, at some point this will work in my favor. No big deal, I'm a long time member of this bank.

Finally, somebody steps up to the bank telling station next to the one currently being occupied. You take a step forward, thinking great, finally can just get in and out of here real quick. They type something into the computer at that station, and then look up at you and say "someone will be with you shortly", and walk away. You smile, big happy grin on your face, and say "thank you", and take a step backward.

Like, seriously? Are you that important, or rather, is what I need to get done so beneath you, that you can't just help me out for a second? I know you can, you know you can, I know you know you can. But instead, you're going to walk back to your desk outside the telling stations, outside the glass, acting like you are too important to do the task of a teller, and because you are the only other visible employee of this bank at the moment, while you're not helping any other customer, you're just going to watch me as I stand in line waiting for this other customer to perform his 9th transaction with the only teller manning the counter? That's awesome. I am just too glad to be here right now. Looking at you sitting at your desk.

Oh, and as I walk out when I finally cash my 38 dollar and something cents check, you tell me to have a good day.

I sure will.

[face_plain]

VadersLaMent and Master_Lok like this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I purposely ejected an older worn down external hard drive from my computer, while my brand new external drive was also plugged in. Of course, I pull the plug on the NEW external drive and get that darned "the disc was not ejected properly" window. :rolleyes: :mad::rolleyes:

MotivateR5D4 - boy, I know how that feels. If I had a fiver for every time that happened at the bank or post office, that would be nice.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i forgot i was going to make burritos for dinner and i had a giant burrito for lunch.

24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    When your salad spits dressing right into your eye. :rolleyes: How it expertly dodged my glasses is anyone's guess.

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I usually get stuff like that on the glasses and then I have to go clean them. And of course whatever it is smudges so I have to clean them again..