main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Many thanks to you and Juliet316. We may know in a week (after she's taken the medication for a week trial. Goes back next Tuesday and Wednesday. [face_praying]

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  2. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL...so Verizon Wireless tells me my auto pay will be bumped up 3 days. I select the new date in the App and confirm. And yet my payment will be deducted on the old date. Tried this three times in their app and online.

Finally deleted auto pay option, and then selected the new date (essentially rejoining auto pay) to get it to work. :rolleyes: So automatically changing the date is too advanced for them? Yet they want their money sooner. Typical.

3. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I had to pay $85 to go to an academic conference next week but in all likelihood will only get to catch the closing speech.

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    "Storm Brian" is on its way to the UK . the name has caused some mirth .
    Also - when did storms start getting named ?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looks like the first one was named in 2015. Wiki.

6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    My bank has just informed me that I can have a loan of £17k for a car

No credit check needed as they know my spending history.

I want a new car.

I just don't want to do it prior to Christmas.

I now have the dilemma of doing it now prior to an inevitable interest hike in November or waiting till next year and possibly having a higher payment rate/lower loan value.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Can you take the money now and put it in a savings account til you're ready to buy the car or do they want it applied to a purchase as soon as you get it? (Might be a good time to get the car as other folks might have their minds more on Christmas).

8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    got to go on a car.

Linked to asset loan

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Why didn't I start using Apple's take on Word sooner (Pages)? :oops: It's awesome and actually fun to use.

10. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    It has been MONTHS since any of the fanfics I follow have been updated. :(

11. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm being paid to sit on my ass and surf the internet (house sitting), and I'm bored.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  12. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    It's one week until Halloween and it's 100 degrees out...

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My laptop died and I had to put it in for repair. I'm now using my netbook with the 10" screen and my eyes are already complaining.

14. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I forgot my umbrella on campus and within five minutes, some bastard had taken it. So I took some other unsuspecting guy's umbrella on my way home and became some other guy's accursed bastard.

Had to be done. I take very seriously my duty to pay forward the evil of this wretched world. My aim is to create an underground umbrella contraband economy.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Sorry to hear that. Speedy repair vibes.

---

I love how a $10 mouse is vastly superior to anything much more expensive. Next Mac, I will definitely be buying at least two of them.

Juliet316 and LAJ_FETT like this.
  16. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Or end up in a story similar to How I Met Your Mother?

solojones and Master_Lok like this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It'll be at least a week - local PC World store has to send it offsite for the repair.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Umbrella Academy? ;)

For some reason, apps are not opening PDFs and images from 9-11 years ago. I guess the formats are too different or something.

Darn! LAJ_FETT was hoping it would be a faster turnaround.

19. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Two weeks ago, I was apparently bored and ended up impulsively trading in my beloved car for a brand new car. The new car comes with a bunch of snazzy things, but my other car had very comfortable leather seats. I miss my leather seats.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Last time this happened it was a week and a half since there was a holiday during the repair period.

21. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    I over steeped my pumpkin chai tea. :(

22. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    hate when that happens .

23. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    heck yes. Waited too long so not only was it too strong, but not very warm. :(

24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Judging by the sample test I took ahead of the real test next Friday, uh, I better pay strict attention to the questions on the actual exam. [face_blush]

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Got into the car to go grocery shopping this morning and it wouldn't start. It's not the battery - that wanted to go. Pretty sure it's either the fuel pump relay or the pump itself as the latter doesn't go on when I turn the key. The Golf seems to blow a relay every few years with similar symptoms so I think it's that. Car repair place will get a phone call tomorrow.