main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

2. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    When arguably the most eminent English language critic alive calls your research extraordinary regarding the self-published book you’re about to put out and have been working on for 2.5 yrs but you can’t actually quote him on it.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    All I want to do is eat and sleep, and yet, I am still awake and full. :rolleyes:

4. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL worst server post mishap ever...5 at one go.

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    So you're parked in a parking lot, anywhere. You get back to your car, keys in hand, you look around, no other car is nearby, and you're a good distance from either entry point into the row you are parked in. You figure you're good. And from that moment you look around the lot, to the time you open the front door of your car, sit down, and start it, can't be more than a few seconds. You take another look left and right, still, nobody there. You put it in reverse, and very slowly start to back out, still fairly confident that no one is around. As your car then begins backing out and is about a third to half way out of the space you were in, you take one last look left and right, as you should. But then, right when you do that, you see another car just fly past you with the driver of that car staring you down as if you're in their way. And you're just like, motherF-er, you were not there 3 seconds ago, I know you literally just sped up as you saw me backing out for the sole purpose of wanting to stare me down and acting like I'm somehow inconveniencing you.

The amount of times this happens where I live (Los Angeles) is insane. Like, who does that? I could never in a million years understand the mentality behind that. For someone to see another driver slowly and innocently backing out of their parking space, and to decide to speed up and beat them across, and to then stare that person down like they are in their way, when they could have just waited another 7 seconds to let that person back out fully and drive off. It just boggles my mind how ******* arrogant and entitled and ready to instigate people are over even the most minor things. Now, granted, there are dumb and oblivious drivers out there who deserve their own criticism. But to actively make it so that you are placing yourself in a position to quarrel with another driver is just totally beyond me. And yet, I see it happen all the time.

Master_Lok and PCCViking like this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Similar vein as it applies to parking - supermarket I go to on Sundays repaved their parking lot back in April. I usually park in the same area when I go and the lane I pull out into from the parking space is one way. Before the paving it used to be two way. The number of people who still go the wrong way is amazing - a cop could get his ticket quota for the day by watching this lane. And it's printed on the lane that it's one way! This isn't rocket science, people - just read!

7. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    My new crossover is much lower than my SUV was, and the car wash I go through seems to be spraying tire polish all over the doors, not just the tires. Meaning that I have spotty residue all over my car from washing it. Drying it only smears the tire polish across the doors. =/

8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    The lack of communication and perception in my family is frustrating sometimes. :rolleyes:

But mom does not have Parkinson's, so that's great. We knew this already, but it was officially confirmed today.

poor yorick likes this.
  9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I saw a headline that said "Dinosaurs would have survived if asteroid had hit Earth elsewhere, scientists claim."

They did survive! I have a little theropod dinosaur as a pet. There are billions of them everywhere on the planet!

poor yorick likes this.
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    My high school alma mater is not only winless this year in football, but completely non-competitive. The closest loss was 32-0, and have surrendered 70 and 67 points two of the past three weeks.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The Winchell's right in front of a bus stop I frequent doesn't have ice tea; really wanted a half ice tea/ half coke drink to go with my croissant this morning.

12. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Looking to buy a new car

Went looking at new cars today

Have a car for trade in

Muppet reversed into my car in a car park today before I had even managed to get it valeted prior to discussing trade in prices etc...]

Bumper now buggered and trade in valuations on hold till repairs are done

//sigh

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Realizing Windows 10 isn't so bad after all, and that Microsoft makes a computer that does everything I need and want (Surface Book 2.) Grateful to realize I am not as stubborn as I thought when it comes to tech. Nice to be able to move past that stupidity.

14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    My tablet just forced a reboot on me for some sort of update. Now there's no network connections available. What a ball ache.

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Oh, that old chestnut?

Andriod is like that we with me. Demands I update it (takes four thousands years) and then insists I install another OS update :(

Darth Punk likes this.
  16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Thanks D, I've bumped this to the computer help thread
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/offical-computer-help-thread-v2-0.50008333/

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    KABC has this annoying time & temperature spot played during certain programming that's irritating every time it's played.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Sigh...last night Apple and Celestial finally began posting more Shaw Brothers movies at iTunes, however this movie is only available for rental right now. This first time that has ever happened. The films have always been available for sale and rent prior.

19. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    My post office sends emails to notify when something is awaiting collection at your PO Box,nothing sent though at all for friday,was @ shops tonight where Post Office is so checked and have two letters and a card saying item/s awaiting collection.

Iron_lord and Master_Lok like this.
  20. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    The new Firefox looks like the spawn of the devil Windows 10.

This high contrast, giant white space trend needs to die.

21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Agreed. You can partially blame Apple for that as they kick started this trend last year. Good use of negative space is one thing, abusing the hell out of white space is something else entirely.

KissMeImARebel likes this.
  22. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Made the mistake of being too curious and looking up Dildo Drones. I need brain bleach now.

Master_Lok and Master_Rebado like this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You did it so we don't have to.

24. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    would make a great character name in the Flesh Gordon sequel tho .

KissMeImARebel likes this.
  25. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Ugh of course it would be Apple wouldn't it.

It really takes a special brand of failure to use minimalism in a way that make things even more disorganized.

Master_Lok likes this.