main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Getting junk mail. Between my wife and I, we get about 3-4 offers a day to refinance our home, take out a loan or application for a credit card. And because of identity theft, I have to spend 10 or so minutes a day to shred all these offers to be on the safe side.

Master_Lok likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It doesn't piss me off that I might be lactose intolerant. It didn't piss me off today when employees didn't show up on time because their employer told them they canceled which kept me waiting two hours.

But today, one of my comic titles, specifically Dr Strange, was sold out when I got to the store.

[​IMG]

3. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    My BK Crispy Chicken sandwich had too much bite to the meat, forcing me to chew more than expected.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    In reading old articles about ER (as I just finished a months long series re-watch), a common theme comes up about the latter seasons: "Once George Clooney left, I stopped watching/the show wasn't the same after Julianna Margulies departed". Good goddamn grief... as great as those two were on the show, and with undoubtedly things that didn't work through season 15 (the last one), there was still plenty of great, interesting characters/moments; people are way too dismissive over the latter seasons (9-15) of ER.

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    TOO MUCH FOAM IN MY LATTE

6. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    When a guy cuts in front of you in McDonald's

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The first 8 seasons of ER are untouchably great. There's definitely good stuff in later seasons, though. Season 15 is actually really good. All of it is better than any season of, say, Grey's Anatomy.

I'm in the middle of my bi-annual rewatch. About to start season 6, which is one of my favs.

DarthTunick likes this.
  8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Angela Basset's 'Dr. Banfield' was one of the best developments of that last season; wished they had included her earlier. So much happens in season 6... All In The Family is my brother's all-time favorite episode.

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I've seen All in the Family at least 15 times. One of the greatest TV episodes ever.

DarthTunick likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Going to the hardware store to buy some 4pin CFL light bulbs and then going home and trying to fit them into the sockets and discovering the ones I bought are not compatible. I bought a G24Q-3 base, when I needed a G24Q-1 base.

11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Did you ever sit next to someone in class etc. who just wasn't listening, and this person is constantly asking you questions as if you were the teacher? As a result, you miss what the teacher/announcer is saying?

Nope, some people do not grow out of this annoying habit.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It was cold out while I was pumping gas. I had to put my hood up.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Post lady put some of the neighbor's post in with mine. Had to go out into the rain to deliver to the right flat.

14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Great, gas service worked on our lines yesterday, and we have no heat until at least Monday. :rolleyes:

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    A used book store near me that has been closed for remodeling is still friggin closed with delays.

16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Beginning to hate Youtube "film trailers" that turn out to be clips of behind-the-scenes interviews.

17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I rarely get headaches...so when one blossoms. Meh...

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Oh gee, my rent is not only going up but they are going to make us pay for garbage, water, and sewage too.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    My company has switched from an Oracle management system to Microsoft's Dynamics and so I'm getting a bit frustrated with figuring out the new system.

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Microsoft Office's section breaks and columns feature do not work. Select the text > Page Layouts > Columns (two) and enter. Looks good, I think these are set in Word and save, I upload the document to Google docs and surprise: it's one column, not two and no section breaks. :mad: Apparently, the section break quirks have been problems for years now. Naturally, most of these automated resume sifters do not read pdfs, so that's another reason why I have to pay someone to redo my resume. [face_waiting]

On the upside, at least I know how to use Google Docs and Google Drive now.

PCCViking and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When you've actually used enough iterations of your password on a website that doesn't allow you to use a certain number of previous passwords when you forget what yours is that you can actually go back and use your initial regular password again. Just did it right now on USAJobs.gov.

Juliet316 and tom like this.
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    When your mom's psychic vampire clients start asking you for advice and recipes.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    ??????

Master_Lok and heels1785 like this.
  24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    blink if you need help, lok. vampires are not to be trifled with. sarge can fly us in, juliet and i will parachute down to your location and use our mma skills to fight them off.

Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    These clients call more than they pay her for nutritional advice, but often they want psychological help too, and are just exhausting to deal with. Drama kings and queens of the worst kind. I try to be patient, but the worst of them call a lot and you have to repeat the same advice over and over again. Hence, psychic vampires.
    @heels1785 much obliged, ^:)^ but I think my Kung Fu may be enough to ward them off... if not..I will give you both and a Taoist priest a shout.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018