main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    Here's a hilarious burrito rant from a few years ago.

and a sketch of the offending burrito
    [​IMG]
    seriously, it's worth everybody's time to look it up.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    For me, I'd rather have no guac, so there's more room for meat, salsa & sour cream.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Preoccupied and walked into the glass frame surrounding one of the revolving doors at my new work building - my knees and right toe cursed me for awhile. Thank goodness I do not text and walk.:rolleyes:

Then, for the first time in almost 20 years, I got on the wrong train home. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am going to blame this all on a lousy banana almond butter muffin, because I do have food allergies and that was the only new food I ate today.

At least I made the right train going home at the hub.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  4. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    About five minutes after putting on bug spray to prevent mosquitoes from biting me, I got stung by a wasp on my bare foot.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My duplex doesn't have AC units. :mad:

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    :( Hope you're okay.

Trying to order checks from my bank is utterly futile; the phone number insisted I contact my bank and the website did too. I will have to waste time going into a branch to request this, and then wait for the third party site/phone to process the checks and mail them out. Trying to call customer service at my bank now takes at least 35-45 minutes to talk to someone. I cannot change banks because the payroll department at my new job are prone to errors. As I help with bills here, my elderly mom still pays by check and refuses to do things online, so checks are a must.

7. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I don't know if you've ever had an infestation of those tiny beetles that feed on flour, but I do and they were all over the cupboard. They eat the weirdest things. Bugs usually eat sweet things, but these haven't gone anywhere near the sugar. I did, however, find them in the pepper and the salt. What animal feeds on salt?! [face_plain] Anyway, I looked online and apparently they're called drugstore beetles.

8. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I have been reading Star Trek fanfic for the past 4 weeks because I am sick... and I think I just ran out of stories. :(

9. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    we had a moth infestation last year .

10. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    What did they eat?

I read up on these drugstore beetles, and apparently their favourite household food item is paprika powder, which is how they are introduced into a home in the first place in most cases. Contrary to intuition, they love chili powder too! [face_plain]

11. queen of the jackalopes

Jul 8, 2016
    Yeah, I’m okay. Thankfully it’s more of a dull pain now. It burned at first, but I don’t think I am allergic or anything.

12. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    We had a bed bug infestation once.

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I couldn't sleep on an overnight flight Friday night/Saturday morning, so I ended up crashing for 12 hours and woke up a couple of hours too early, basically guaranteeing that I'll be going to bed at a reasonable hour even though it's a holiday weekend.

14. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    the moths had a go at the carpet under the sofa .

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I hope you're okay.

I too was once stung by a wasp. Not fun. Fortunately, I'm not allergic, but here's the "funny" thing. I was attending an away game of my high school alma mater. The football team played at...the Haines City Hornets. :p

So, needless to say when we played the Bartow Yellow Jackets, I made sure to wear jeans. :p

16. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    I had a wasp nest in my balcony last year. They never really bothered me, even though I had the balcony door open all summer. They very rarely flew inside. I actually think I had fewer instances of having to shoo out wasps from the home last year than normal. Wasps are very territorial, so if there's already a nest nearby, other wasps won't approach. Maybe that's why. There was only once when I was doing a little chore close to the nest for too long when one of them got nervous and stung my neck. But because I saw it coming, I flung it off before it had a chance to inject much venom, so it didn't get as inflamed as it otherwise would have.

There was, however, once when I was 16 or so, when I was wearing slippers and walking through the grass when a bumblebee accidentally flew in between my foot and the slipper. As it got crushed under my foot it stung me really badly. :p

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I had one in my garage some years ago. The nest was on the ceiling near the front end of the car. Had to get a pest control person out in the end. At least I was able to get the car out without getting stung.

18. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Nettles are what I hate , some people don't seem too affected by them but I only have to brush against them in the slightest and it's just super-burny and inflamed for hours .
    when I was a kid I was chasing a ball and went face-down into a verge into a bunch of nettles , boy was that a horrible day .

are cats immune to them ? I see them wandering thru nettles unbothered .

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I've tangled with nettles before - there are a ton of them along the Thames towpath that I use to walk into town. Believe it or not people brew tea from them.

20. queen of the jackalopes

Jul 8, 2016
    I have to endure five hours of work, an hour drive, and going to the bank to replace my missing debit card before seeing Solo.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The phlebotomist took a lot more blood than I was expecting. Apparently allergy panels are done by hungry vampires.

22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Weird, for me they just did the pokey scratch test. Got my results in 20 minutes that way.

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think it depends on what you’re testing for, but regardless for me it was a lot of “avoid lawns like the plague.”

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I also then had to have a patch test for skin allergies, which had to stay on my back for a week without getting directly wet 0_o

That turned up that I was indeed allergic to neosporin, like I suspected. But also deathly allergic to thimerosol, the preservative that anti-vaxxers are afraid of. So I had to look like a kook asking for a preservative-free flu shot.

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    In which, librarian says it is okay for atty to call me with a request, even though the librarian knew it was paralegal only work. :rolleyes::mad::rolleyes: Then the atty calls me with the request and says I will completely understand if you cannot do this. I politely told him I was not trained for that task, so that is why I cannot do this and he got all upset. :rolleyes: When I told the librarian who sent the atty my way, he acknowledged it was paralegal only work. o_O Thank you for the mild coronary bro.