main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    A/C unit is out at my townhouse. Heat index at 8:51 edt is 93.

I’m beginning to think I’m the target of a conspiracy.

DarthTunick and solojones like this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I accidentally splashed water onto my tacos.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ...oh no... are they soggy now?

I think I lost my mom's favorite pants at the hospital last weekend.

Oxyclean does not always work as advertised. :(

Oh, @heels1785, sheesh. Can you take a cold shower?!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    They were a bit, yea.[face_plain]

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A/C doesn't like you..

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  6. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I was looking at some jackets in a store today , but I couldn't find any mirrors , so I found a sales assistant and this is how the conversation went :

I can't find a mirror .
    Oh we don't have any , we took 'em all down .
    erm ,Isn't that a bit of a drawback if you're trying to sell clothes ?
    Dunno , huh-huh ... yeah , s'pose .

7. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I don't like you either. You just watch yourself.

8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Seeing mom: the train schedules are a mess because my train does not always stop at the station closest to the facility. [face_worried] Will probably go tonight as I have some of her clothes with me.

9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh thank goodness the podcast assignment is over! :eek: That was the single most stressful assignment I had to do for this class since the professor was kind enough to let me resubmit an earlier project.

My iPad Pro has been freaking out more and more over the last two months (the touch screen is not always responsive and freaks out on certain sites), though Apple said nothing was wrong (I couldn't replicate the issue). :rolleyes: So I wiped it and traded it in while I still could get 1/3 of what I paid for it.

I may just pick up a drawing tablet and some software and try that. I miss drawing. :(

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    More Apple problems, eh? Who could have predicted that :p

Master_Lok likes this.
  11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    My power went out for approx 30 seconds. 30 seconds.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Wow, that's horrible!

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    My banking online app is not working again. :rolleyes:

@solojones - no kidding. :p I've had more problems in the last four years with the fruit folks than I ever had prior (2 hardware failures which were taken care of and those happened 11 years apart.) Not going to Dell though, that one experience with their "tech support/customer service" was so utterly horrible I will not give them another chance. So looks like I'll start to migrate, but the idea of having to babysit an OS does not sit well with me.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So....I have at least 315 video games on my backlog that I still need to play.

solojones and heels1785 like this.
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Mine's ridiculous, too, IATI. Close to 100, easily. And I got a 15% off PSN coupon for God of War, which I haven't purchased, but now feel compelled to.

16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ...and now my all region blu ray player refuses to play the region 2 Shaw Brothers films I plunked down some serious coin for last week. [face_laugh]:rolleyes:[face_laugh] I cannot return as seller clearly says if your player isn't compatible, we will not accept the returns. [face_bleh]

Honestly, not surprised that Celestial is enforcing this now. Oh well. At least I'll be saving money by not buying any more. :) I know I'll have to eventually replace the player and my tv (or just the player and make sure I have all region conversion capabilities with my next computer system). Not a priority at the moment.

The good news? My other region 2 blus and dvds play just fine though (Have some great giallos that I haven't converted yet, because I do not have the capability on this Mac). So, [face_relieved]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    God of War is one of the top 5 games I've ever played. Do it.

I try not to look at my Steam backlog.. while continuing to buy new games. Plus Twitch Prime has given me new games every day this month for free!

Master_Lok and heels1785 like this.
  18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    and the special limited edition of the Church blu ray was misdelivered, I never received it. Thanks post office. Another blu ray wash...lovely. :rolleyes:

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't have a day off until Labor Day, unless I use PTO, of which I still have 100+ hours worth.

20. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    was preparing some chicken with chilli sauce , I rinsed my hands but obviously not enough 'cos I think I must've rubbed my eye after and now it stings like a bastard .

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Gosh, I wish I had 100+ hours of PTO...I miss that so much. Been working over 2 months and because I used a day last Monday, 8.5 hours left now. :mad:One of the reasons why I hung in with the legal industry was the great amount of time off, that's no longer the case for this outsourcing company.:(

@gezvader28 if I had $5 for every time I wiped my eyes after eating something with a ton of cayenne pepper on it. :p

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    gezvader28 likes this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's usually onion or garlic that gets me eyewise..

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I went to make my dinner smoothie and turns out both of the avocados I have left were rotted. Of course i run out to get more and all they have left for the day are the smaller ones in the netted bag. FINE. Coming back to my apartment someone tells me one of the apartments in my building was broken into yesterday.

25. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    My Samsung Galaxy S7 edge got the Android Oreo update recently, which slowed the phone's performance speed terribly. Now even the simplest things take forever to load...