main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    In the grand scheme, pretty low on the scale of "disturbing things on the internet." :p

My measure theory homework is having us prove things that require the Riesz-Fischer theorem to prove, and then is having us use them to prove the Riesz-Fischer theorem. ANALYSIS!

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  2. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    My NBA 2k online game just got cut off.

3. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    It's probably better than the video of the woman who sucked on her used, erm, "hygeine product". Now THAT is something I wish I could unsee.

4. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I forgot what I was going to post.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I jokingly told someone to go watch A Serbian Film when he asked me what movie he should watch tonight, and he ended up watching it with his girlfriend.

But the bigger issue here is that the coke in my rum and coke is flat.:mad:

RC-1991 likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

[face_sick]

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I got through the ENTIRE DAY without reading a single Clone Wars spoiler, and when I jumped online tonight, James Arnold Taylor started posting about who died in this morning's episode.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I considered starting a "I have 33,333 posts" thread just for it being all 3's. Then I saw that I already had it and this is my 33,334th post. Wawa.

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh boy. But it's his fault; how does a guy not know about A Serbian Film by now?

10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I went to downtown Ann Arbor today looking for various books. Shockingly I found a few items I wanted including Rudy Rucker cyberpunk! I grabbed books titled "Software" and "Freeware". Unfortunately I got back home and discovered I had previously bought "Freeware" but had not rea dit since it is not the 1st of 4 books in a series. So now I own two of "Freeware". :rolleyes:

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I haven't seen it, but I've read a synopsis. I had to then take my brain out of my head and wash it with a mixture of soap and alcohol.

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Same here. It got so much press for being so extreme that I wanted to know what happened without have to actually watch it. I bailed about two-thirds of the way through the summary. I mean, ****.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I have no desire to watch a stupid sport with its boringness compounded tenfold by the disgusting towering monument to its commercialization, and I loathe the tradition of rituals dedicated to the worship of this False Idol. But there's food.

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I thought The Human Centipede sounded bad, but man, imagine doing a double feature with both of those films?

Actually, don't imagine that.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I need to do laundry but it's overcast and I feel lethargic.

Yeah, I think I read the two sentence summary on Wikipedia the first time I heard about it, and promptly decided I wanted nothing to do with it. I mean, I already sat through Salò, that's frankly enough of that **** for a lifetime.

... Heh. ****. Salò. MAAAAAAANGIIIIIAAAAAAAA! Bad times. Bad times. :(

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    What's Salo? Or do I not want to know?

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It's an Italian film based on the Marquis de Sade's book The 120 Days of Sodom. It's... not a pleasant moviegoing experience. I watched it because of a bet - I got the money, but I'm pretty sure I still lost.

The Cinema Snob did a fairly mind-safe review (Language and just... warning.) which also accurately portrays anyone's overall reaction: "I get it, it's artsy. Now excuse me please, I need to vomit."

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Some silly football game(the non-soccer one for you non-Americans) it causing Once Upon A Time to not be aired this evening.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There's actually something worse than The Human Centipede and it's sequels?

Meanwhile I'm watching said sport with the worship of the false idol.:D

But I picked Tails in the Papa Johns coin toss contest and the coin toss was heads. [face_plain] Buh bye free pizza.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    My students are apparently under the impression that arithmetic is a suggestion.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    my incessant nervous super bowl snacking led to me biting my cheek.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    The Internet is once again going in and out.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yes, that is most of the internet.

Ramza and Darth Guy like this.
  24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I actually attempted to read The 120 Days of Sodom. I was going to be all urbane and sophisticated and be like, "Ah, how provincial it was to be shocked at this. Thankfully, I am a modern intellectual and so can blah blah." I got about ten pages in and I was like, "Uh, yeah, **** that ****."

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, seriously. In a certain sense of the phrase, it holds up surprisingly well. :p

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.