Amph ITT we discuss the jesus of bands.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sith-Lord-Gunray, Mar 8, 2010.

1. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    No idea.

Loved the Inspiral Carpets reference upthread.

Oh, and oddly enough Michael Sweet, the singer of Stryper, is one of two people currently fronting Boston after Brad Delp's death.
  2. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    You're all wrong. Journey = Jesus of bands. Come on...
  3. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 6
    Way to read the thread, emo chick.
  4. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    1. I was far from being serious.
    2. I read the thread, kthnx.
    3. Emo? Yep, of course. You've got me all figured out.
  5. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 6
    You look emo and according to your signature your top bands are Fall Out Boy, Straylight Run, Sugarcult, Greenday, etc. etc. etc.. I'm pretty sure there's a DanyKenobi thread addressing at least 3 of those bands, so you might want to try discussing music there, unless if you've actually listened to Plastic Beach, or even the Gorillaz, and have something to say on the subject.
  6. WormieSaber Force Ghost

star 5
    This is a song from a cool Jesus band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKBB8JzEcc4

7. Rogue_Ten Chosen One

star 6
    Ferris Bueller is emo?
  8. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
  9. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    [face_whistling]
  10. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmm, well, it's nice to know that because those are my "top bands" I slit my wrists & know nothing about music. And last I checked, this was an open forum and I can comment as I like. So if that's not the case, make sure you whine & complain about every person who doesn't stick to the exact thread topic. Thanks.
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  11. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Don't mind SLG, she yells at every other woman who is complimented in the Post A Pic of Yourself thread.

So, Gorillaz - I can't find the liner notes online, does anyone know if Del tha Funky Homosapien is still part of the band?
  12. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 6

No Zelda, actually you can't derail threads with garbage. That being said, back on topic.

And no, Del died.
  13. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
  14. Master_Jacen Force Ghost

star 6
    i don't think he contributed to either of these last two albums. pretty sure his influence was just limited to clint eastwood and rock the house.
  15. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
    SLG, I just downloaded Plastic Beach. If I am not pleased with it I will show up at your door and punch you in the stomach :D
  16. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Aha! Thanks.
  17. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    No, he was exorcised back in 2003. It took months for poor Russel to recover.
  18. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    [face_dancing]

(I'm helping with localisation of the poster / magazine advert artwork)
  19. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 6
    Woooo! I don't think I'm going to see them when they come to the US though. I don't like the way they're performing this tour.
  20. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Less puppets and 3D projection, and more... gigantic band playing music?

I think it sounds (and still looks) amazing. There was an MTV TV special screened on UK TV a few months back - Gorillaz live at the Roundhouse 2010. MTV World Stage. Well worth acquiring.
  21. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 6
    Yeah I watch all their live videos, especially for this tour. But I usually only go to concerts if it's someone who's an all out performer (manson, gaga, etc), only because tickets are soooo expensive. Gorillaz is my favourite band music wise, but I want the whole package. I never got to see any of the animation concerts except in videos, and it just seems so different that it would be worth the moneys.
  22. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Nice jp.

You're about that sounding amazing.
  23. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    I figured the Smashing Pumpkins were the Jesus of bands. Billy Corgan sacrificed them for nothing in 2000, then they rose from the dead 7 years later for...nothing! Hooray!
  24. Wifflesnip Jedi Knight

star 2
    So wait, who is the Satan of bands? [face_thinking] Who back-stabbed their creator, was turfed from their home ground and now occasionally produces something that everyone runs screaming from, except for their deranged groupies who need to be educated/converted.
  25. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Clearly that's The Spice Girls.