main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion ITT We Discuss Why "Plot Idea X" Will NOT Ruin Anakin's Sacrifice

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi Merkurian , Apr 18, 2013.

1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Winner!

Sidious fomented fear, anger, and hate on a galactic scale. That was the entire point of the Death Star, to terrify the living crap outta everyone everywhere. That was the way he could "sicken" the Force.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    That is a very good counter-argument to what I said. I like it! I shall reconsider my stance.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. If "life creates it" and a vast majority of "life" is oppressed/depressed/sick, the impact of such a bruise on the Force's 'source' would be staggering. As one of the first few posts said... consider "balance" as "harmony". If the Force has a role in "binding us all together"... the state of the galaxy under Plapy was literally disharmony... due to the un-binding of its populace.

4. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    [Lo Pan]Indeed![/Lo Pan] :p

Which brings me to an earlier point. The possible role of the new protagonist would be to maintain balance by ensuring that no one ever causes that much fear, anger, and hate.

To dip momentarily into EU territory, this is also why I was never too bothered about the Legacy comic era Sith. They never succeeded in posing a spiritual threat to the galaxy like Sidious did, largely due the efforts of Anakin's descendants.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Precisely, Mr. Burton. My final thought in that initial post was to say that you could potentially have a far more powerful Sith than any we have ever conceived of, but depending on exactly what their specific scheme is, it doesn't have to necessarily have anywhere near a comparable impact on the Force, itself. If there was the need for a "prophecy" that was passed down for generations... there were countless evil Sith Lords causing varying degrees of bedlam during all of those periods and there was still no need for a bringer of "balance". Sidious' plan brought about specific effects on the Force that other similar practioners of the Dark Side did not accomplish to anywhere near the degree where a "chosen one" was required. If the next villain is Unicron, it still may not deharmonize the Force in any manner resembling Episodes 2-6. The next villain may actually get the adverse response... instead of the communal life-force being in a state of depression... the next antagonist might get the populace fired up enough to unite against him/her/it. Think of the possible effects of a situation like that on the Force.

6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    All that unity keeps the Jedi built up as paragons, they get god complexes, and all of a sudden, they're the problem. I like it!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Exactly. If we are still discussing this in health terms... we go from Plapy causing a vitamin deficiency to the potential of an overdose. Depending on the general unifying disposition of the people whose "binding" give life to the Force, we have some really out there possibilities to consider. It's comparable to going from anemia to an overproduction of blood cells.

8. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    BTW, the prologue to the RotS novelization (titled "the Age of Heroes") would be a good place to understand how even the name Skywalker would go a long way in maintaining the balance of the Force.

9. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    OK, i get it. So we are saying it just isnt "Anakin" that brings balance to the force - its the "Skywalkers" that bring balance to the force.

Then you could say Anakin brought balance by killing Palpatine, Luke brought Balance by redeeming Anakin. And new skywalker will bring balance by doing "X" in the ST....

-C

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I was wondering...is it established that Anakin was The Chosen One? Or was Luke, who managed to remain a Jedi even when his existence was in peril? He would rather die than become a Sith Lord. Excuse me for any ignorance, I'm just not clear on the matter. Or, do we have several 'Chosen Ones'.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It depends on what you mean by "established". It has been confirmed by Lucas in certain places such as the featurette "The Chosen One" on the ROTS DVD. Going by the films alone, it seems fair to argue that since Anakin fulfilled the "requirements", for lack of a better word, of being the Chosen One, then he was the Chosen One.