main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we get to know each other, goof around and socialize whilst bashing superheroes

Discussion in 'Community' started by Hogarth Wrightson, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Mostly because cheap domestic lager is a cultural shorthand here for rough, working class types.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Budweiser endorsements? That company thinks craft beer is for snobs or something.

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You'd be hard pressed to convince me Sniktbub isn't a committed Molson drinker.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

OH NO BRO. Validus is far stronger than Superman and Doomsday. On top of that he was a part of the Fatal Five and KK did not just beat Validus he beat the entire Fatal Five by himself. Now I'm guessing after some other reboot all that was changed. Hell, KK is now alive rather than dead. At some point he fought Batman who held him off until someone else stunned him.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So how bad is the 1984 version of Supergirl?

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  8. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Difficult to see past Slater's stunning beauty, the lovely cinematography and that gorgeous costume to recognize that the dialogue stinks and the acting is less than stellar, even from Max Headroom there on the left.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't bother with 1984 Supergirl even in 1984 and holy hell I loved Superman.

10. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    It doesn't suck as hard as you might think. It gets a bad rap but it's better than Superman III or IV by a Kryptonian mile.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I was going to say, it's worse crime is being boring.

12. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I remember the Supergirl movie comic adaptation showed Kara in her underpants as she was changing from Supergirl to Linda Lee Danvers, and I was like, "I don't remember it being like that in the movie", which proves when I say most comic book creators are perverts.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That's not saying much, I've had injuries that were better than Superman III and IV.

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh, wonderful.... danthe is here.

15. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    If by "perverts" you mean "adults with normal libidos" then I agree with you.

16. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    You may want to follow some art history classes before you make ignorant statements about art.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I do not recall the year, but it was recent. Whoever took over DC within the past few years said showing Supergirl's panties was no longer acceptable.

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    P
    A
    N
    T
    Y
    M
    A
    N
    D
    A
    N
    !

19. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    Would it be unacceptably pedantic of me to point out that "Whoever" is correct in the nominative case, not "whomever"?

20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Don't know what you're talking about. [face_whistling]

21. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    You think you're so clever. But you can't hide from the grammar Nazis.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Whamever, Monts.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    However, Ditts.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    However what, Mittens?

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Long ago, Mayfair Games didn't give a **** about what the stats meant. Even in the basic intro section dude flat out says they knew Batman didn't really have a Strength of 5, but a 4 didn't sound heroic enough. fan boys took this nonsense as gospel that Batman was as strong as Captain America.

Also, according to the stats as presented Batman could in fact leave all his equipment at home and defeat a T-Rex in hand to hand combat without a problem. Classic marvel RPG stats? Batman would get his ass handed to him by a T-Rex unless he just dodged and ran off.

Also, Deadshot, the guy being portrayed by Will Smith in Suicide Squad(so unfortunate as casting), he has a Dex and Martial Arts skill of 14. 14! In Marvel stats this is Montrous(75)!! This leaves all but Hyperion in the dust! So his disadvantage was that he was addicted to trick shots because he was just that damned bored(as compared to Batman's 10 stats).