main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ITT We say hi to Mike

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by MasterDillon, Sep 11, 2011.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Done. I sincerely am in the middle of doing sketch studies for a script that that guy will fit in as a background character. The book will be distributed in January from Marvel. Buy everything from Marvel that Diamond solicits for January and you will find your drunken sea captain in his dingy.

2. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    I know how you comic artists work, if its supposed to be distributed in January there are going to be unexplained delays and we'll see it in July.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Only the highest paid guys get to miss deadlines and still make Wizard's top 10 'Hottest' list. [face_plain]

4. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I saw Green Lantern and I think everyone that disliked it smokes crack, Myke.

Also, will you get JMS to sign all my issues of Rising Stars and Midnight Nation?

Oh, and hi Myke!!!! :)

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Hello, Juli, my favorite.

Aside from editing/cinematic issues, I really don't know why GL took such a beating from fans. It was Secret Origins put to film. Do I wish there was more time spent on Oa or with Corps members like Rot Lop Fan, etc? Sure. But, as a GL film it was actually quite faithful.

No, I will not get Straz to sign your set, and here is my sole reason why. Because, once you mailed them to me, I would be in a race against time to get them back to you before the USPS inevitably implodes and joins the dodo bird in extinction.

6. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    Surely the demise of the USPS will be a boon for comic stores.

7. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    Is he banned for all eternity or something?

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I say "Hi" to Mike every day. I don't need no stinkin' thread.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Does Mikey like it?

Viva Los Angeles![face_flag]

10. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    I'd tell you to go to **** Apollo, but that would be redundant. Why don't you take the kids back home now?:rolleyes:

Now sorry Mike just trying to be nice go ahead and lock the thread.

11. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
  12. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Well, hello again. Fancy meeting you in here.

14. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    How's it going

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Quite exceptional. Settling in up in Cape Cod for my autumn siesta. Got here just in time for the weather turn into a toilet, but not really complaining about that. Makes it easy to actually focus on accomplishing anything. Um... what else...? New car handled highway gas mileage like a champ. Everyone is healthy and I'm multi-tasking on ebay, a job I'm working on, posting on here, eating, and watching the Rocketeer. Lovely day. How about you, sir?

16. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    Its cloudy outside...

17. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    edit: wow, way to not acknowledge an entire page

18. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    Myke is the comic with Uncle Scroggle in it out yet?

To clarify, that is the name of the drunken sea captain in a dinghy.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That name is so beautifully becoming of him.

To answer your question... should have hit a LCS 2 weeks ago. I will warn you that I refuse to admit which book he makes a completely random, not where you think he'll be, appearance in. And, as an added bonus... I didn't illustrate him. My wife and I were having dinner with another artist & his family and I dropped the gag on him. But, Uncle Scroggy is adrift in a panel... possibly overhead from an undersea shot looking toward surface... possibly on a screen in someone's world-monitoring tv chamber... possibly in a kid's bubble bath as a toy... possibly any of 40-50 gags that had us cracking ourselves up. Your publishing options for the solicitation are one of the following: Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, IDW, BOOM!, Zenescope, or Fantagraphics.

Support the comic book industry. We don't have healthcare.

20. Im_just_guessing

Oct 23, 2002
    I don't think I have time to read every comic released two weeks ago. Can't you narrow it down a little?

Would you tell me which issue if I offered to give you the first two chapters of the as yet unpublished Uncle Scroggle novelization?