main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC itt you are informed that harpuah has broken her leg

Discussion in 'Community' started by duende, Feb 9, 2012.

1. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Darth Puah [face_skull]

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Sending positive and healing vibes your way for no more surgery.

3. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I am also sending good vibes. These vibes include tie-dyed colored kittens for good measure because nothing fixes EVERYTHING like multi-color kittens. :)

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    You could always get a pimped-out wheelchair, like Stephen Hawking in The Simpsons.

Failing that, join the Wheelchair Mafia.

[image=http://lh3.ggpht.com/_-ZIVbEnmdfY/SysYkKdvvGI/AAAAAAAAKPo/FtSD8X9D87w/wheelchair_mafia-_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg]

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    So I had my follow up appointment today. I had xrays done, and was told that they look great. My stitches were taken out, snd the incision is healing nicely. I've been worried about my knee not bending, so I asked my doctor when I would be able to bend my knee. He said, "right now," and proceeded to bend my knee. I wasn't at all ready for it, but he bent me to 45 degrees... not bad at all. I do not need surgery for the acl yet. I likely wont need to think about that until six months or more post surgery. I've now got a brace with hinges and met with a physical therapist who gave me all sorts of exercises to do three times a day. I'm not allowed to put any weight on it at all, but I can exercise it. So I'm going to do all my exercises as directed, and plan to ask if I can drive at my next appointment for weeks from now. The hinged brace is amazing... it makes me feel like less of an invalid. I'm still wheelchair bound, but am healing at a good pace.

6. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    that's great. when will you be permitted to say "your move, creep"?

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Congrats on not needing surgery at the moment. And congrats on getting bent over. :)

8. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Let's race down a hill! :D

9. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    This is clearly Bobby Brown's fault.

get better harps!

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Get better! And don't get fat!

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I wont... I was telling Vin yesterday, that I've been eating healthier and can't wait to exercise since the injury. Once I'm able to put weight on it, I'm motivated to get it as strong as possible. I was overjoyed the get exercises from the physical therapist. If I do gain some weight, though, I suppose it would be pretty natural... I mean, I can't exactly ride a bike or run right now. :p

12. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
  13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Broken tibia + slippery concrete surrounding swimming pool = recipe for disaster.

14. Mortimer_Snerd

Mar 14, 2004
    Fair enough, but with proper spotting and easing into the pool, the low-impact aerobic exercise that swimming provides is probably the best exercise for anyone with bone issues...lol "bone issues."

Anyway I understand that there is a lot of water-based physical rehab that people go through. I still think swimming is the best activity on the planet...well, second best, but it's still awesome.

15. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Mort speaks the truth.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh, I know that swimming is the best exercise. I'm just saying that I have an aversion to concrete, especially wet concrete. :p

17. Mortimer_Snerd

Mar 14, 2004
    I like to write my name in wet concrete.

I also like to write my name in the snow.

18. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Now that you're more machine than Harpuah, a number of questions raise themselves. Perhaps the most pressing is the 'who would win in a fight, Harpuah or Mecha Harpuah?'

In all seriousness... :( [:D] :( (tiny .gif yellow ppl offer a clumsy means of expression for the emotional stunted like me :)). You ok?

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    1. Harpuah would win... I know all of Mecha Harpuah's weaknesses.

2. [:D]

3. You're not emotionally stunted

4. I've been better, but could be worse.

5. HI!! [:D]

20. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    a-t-y! a-t-y!

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    After more thought, I have decided that Kristie would kick the **** out of both harpuah and mecha harpuan.

I am in pain... my physical therapy exercises are kicking my ass.

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Must have been thinking of this thread last night.

Dreamt that the doctors removed your leg blow the knee and gave you detachable tools to screw on. You showed me how you could shovel snow with one, sweep and wash a floor. Even better was the fact you were becoming famous for your paintings when you attached an artist's brush.

Cold medicine induced dreams are weird.

23. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    ~waits for Healer Leona to live up to her name~ [finger_drumming_emote]

I'm getting used to the idea of cyborg Harps, tho'.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Will you finally give up your fraudulent hippie lifestyle now that we all know you have quite literally become less natural with each passing injury? More machine than Harpuah, indeed. Plapy was right: the Dark Side has made you unnatural.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I live a fraudulent hippie lifestyle? You sure do make a lot of assumptions, having never actually spoken to me. :p

I had a pretty nice early - morning, drug - induced conversation with Pete last year, after they placed the titanium tacks into my abdomen (true story). He was there for phase one of the cyborg conversion.

I've decided that I'm going to place an ad in a local newspaper. I require a slave who will work for free - or perhaps for severe crutch beatings. There's got to be somebody out there who would enjoy being knocked unconscious in exchange for light to moderate housekeeping.

PS Frieda, your dream sounds amazing. I think you should keep and publish a dream journal. <3